Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Didn't have time to dink with it so I just shut her down.

How much memory do you have installed? what OS,and how many slots available for use?
3 slots, 6gb in 2 slots, Windows 7 64
I would try changing slots I have seen faulty memory banks on motherboards....And remove a stick of DDR and try to boot, 3 gigs should be able to boot windows 7 what banks are the DDR installed in? And what model motherboard are you using?

Michael

Well I would but...

After trying to run 3Dmark yesterday it won't boot. I can get it into Bios or Safe mode just fine. Figured that 3D Mark overheated and mulched the video card. Went downstairs to see if the fan was spinning....can't see shit so I touched it and burnt my finger.

If I go into safe mode and uninstall the video card driver will it use the equivalent that it uses in safe mode to boot into windows? Figure that would confirm my suspicion if I am not nuts.

If that is the case I need a video card. Photo editing, internet and some word processing so nothing major but I don't want it laggy.

I would pay extra for a video card that had dual HDMI outputs in particular if they could run at different resolutions. I need 1920x1200 and 1920x1080 at the same time if at all possible.

And don't forget to go into regedit and delete any registry entries from your ATI software,drivers ect.before you load your new graphics card software...I would check out som nvida based cards at newegg they have some good deals!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&IsNodeId=1&N=100007709 600030348

can't I just remove the hardware in safe mode?
I think your smarter than this Sean wink.png My honest opinion what I would do would be to visit western digital or seagate's website and get me some free H/D tools and low level format my drives that will re-write every sector back to 0 "factory state".. That fat32 or ntfs will not on you windows cd,, And flash your bios firmware interface revision

that will re-write anything that may have targeted your bios cache...if you are unsure this is a shit video card or fan issue.. Only thing else I can think of I have no fuckin clue else!

It "has" to be the video card.

Intermittent failures - regularly associated with doing photo transforms

Otherwise runs fine

Lived through hours of Prime95 but did get warm

3DMark runs for 1 minute and the computer freezes up

Won't restart after freeze - so I wait an hour

Boots into safe mode at that point

Still only boots into safe mode

Figure my best troubleshooting step is to first slap a video card in it. I don't have to pull the case to do that. 3 minute job and I get ride of shit ATI board.

Then if problems exist I'll run 3DMark again and see what else heats up. If nothing, play with memory and repeat.

Nvidia > ATI

You should be able to uninstall the ATI shit without safe mode. Then again ATI drivers and working as expected isn't a thing.

Computer only boots into safe mode...

Nvidia > ATI

You should be able to uninstall the ATI shit without safe mode. Then again ATI drivers and working as expected isn't a thing.

Computer only boots into safe mode...
This post was WAY older than the last lol

Might I add that Stevie Ray Vaughan is kicking my ass. His shuffle picking and circular licks are so far from classical it fucking hurts.

Sounds awesome on the old Gibson though.

Nvidia > ATI

amd (amd bought ati) is pretty solid now days. uninstall is simple.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/GPU57RemoveOldGraphicsDrivers.aspx#Win7

Unless you drop $100/person steakhouses are always lackluster. The ones that aren't regrettably still aren't worth the moula

Manny's $55 ribeye is on point.
$55 Ribeye

$8 Hashbrown

$8 Asparagus

$22 House Red

$16 Brownie

$109 + tip

Economy of scale that.....add date:

$55 Ribeye

$164 + Tip = $200 or $100/person

My wife gets a glass of tap water and free smells.

Last trip to Manny's was $600 for 4 of us.

Figured playing a little SRV would help my picking and toughen up my pussy finger tips. His low finger bends are hard on the hands. In particular on big fat strings smile.png

Unless you drop $100/person steakhouses are always lackluster. The ones that aren't regrettably still aren't worth the moula

$55 Ribeye

$8 Hashbrown

$8 Asparagus

$22 House Red

$16 Brownie

$109 + tip

$55 Ribeye

I know. I'm happy when it stays under 3.

My honest opinion what I would do would be to visit western digital or seagate's website and get me some free H/D tools and low level format my drives that will re-write every sector back to 0 "factory state"..

Or just boot to bios and start Ubuntu wink.png

I think that is extreme for what I'm seeing. It isn't operating system related. I keep my shit clean that way. There are NO programs installed that don't get used.

Looks just like this one only it is a 56 instead of a 51.

1_Gibson_L4C_2_002.jpg

Nvidia > ATI

amd (amd bought ati) is pretty solid now days. uninstall is simple.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/GPU57RemoveOldGraphicsDrivers.aspx#Win7

AMD blows.

Every system I have been involved with AMD has been a shit show. Especially for those who don't know how, like to, or want to troubleshoot.

Eyefinity used to be an argument... Not anymore.

Mantle is slipping in its power.

And Sean could give zero fucks about either.

Nvidia runs cooler and uses less power in almost every comparable part.

AMD is totally fine for people who want to save a buck and don't mind troubleshooting, but it is not better and it is much less stable for most people.

Figured playing a little skin flute would help my picking and toughen up my pussy finger tips. His low finger bends are hard on the hands. In particular on big fat dicks smile.png

Buck up buttercup. You will get there in now time.

$55 Ribeye

$8 Hashbrown

$8 Asparagus

$22 House Red

$16 Brownie

$109 + tip

$55 Ribeye

I know. I'm happy when it stays under 3.

That 10% back from parisole group is nice.

Taking a couple who got engaged on Wednesday.

Would Lightroom run better with a beefier video card?

Are there any video cards that allow you to have the screen displayed on 2 display with DIFFERENT resolutions. Specifically 1920 x 1200 and 1920 x 1080? (my main PC monitor is 1920x1200 and I'd love to patch it into my stereo/home automation for the other 5 TV's in the house.

Is $2/sq foot a good price for cheep carpet?

I need it for the rental. It's the cheapest they had.

Figured playing a little skin flute would help my picking and toughen up my pussy finger tips. His low finger bends are hard on the hands. In particular on big fat dicks smile.png

Buck up buttercup. You will get there in now time.

Interesting

According to Adobe even the on board video should be fine. I imagine this means that other than my output request any video card should work pretty much no?

Are there any video cards that allow you to have the screen displayed on 2 display with DIFFERENT resolutions. Specifically 1920 x 1200 and 1920 x 1080? (my main PC monitor is 1920x1200 and I'd love to patch it into my stereo/home automation for the other 5 TV's in the house.

I doubt it would help much. Lightroom is a cpu bound prog I think. Processor, SSD and RAM make the most difference.

What don't you have an NAS storage solution yet? Your problems scream for it.

I can haz PCI-E choices I guess.

Supports the newest Intel® Core™ i7 processors in socket LGA1366 with QPI 6.4 GT/s

Supports 3 channel DDR3 2000+ memory

2 PCI-E 2.0 x16 graphics interface with CrossFireX and SLI support for ultimate graphics performance

Sean how are the boys? I bet they are growing fast and ganging up on dad.

Matt how is Jack doing?

According to Adobe even the on board video should be fine. I imagine this means that other than my output request any video card should work pretty much no?

Correct. And I'm not sure on the multiple resolution question. I would call or email Nvidia directly. Maybe AMD too. If they do what you want and Nvidia doesn't... Makes the choice simple.

I doubt it would help much. Lightroom is a cpu bound prog I think. Processor, SSD and RAM make the most difference.

What don't you have an NAS storage solution yet? Your problems scream for it.

I've thought about it. Storage isn't really a problem though. The only advantage of the NAS for me would be I could keep it off and unplugged in my office. (I REFUSE to have mybackup powered up). Of course I used to keep my backup drive connected via E-sata and use the home automation to trigger turning the power supply on it on or off for backup. Now I just unplug it completely as I feel better about it. Losing my main drive and external backup drive on the same day before has me gunshy on any other solution. That and every 6 mo I backup other drives onto mine and vice versa.

Matt how is Jack doing?

Starting to show his age. Been needy lately. I think he has a cold bug.

He's my buddy though. No matter how much I work and stomp around stressed out he is there. I will basically need bereavement leave when he passes away, I'm sure of it.