Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Sean, I could custom make any size pulley you need, just need some measurements.

Thanks dude, I am at my current boost limit unless I add meth injection or build the bottom end.

If you see a cheap turbo kit for a truck it is a remote turbo (like the STS) and those are completely pointless and have so many negatives it is absurd. If you want easy to bolt on boost a centrifugal supercharger will kill any remote mount turbo and be just as easy to install.

Reverse flow in the V twins or GTFO.

I rarely drink soda. But when I do...

most-interesting-man-in-the-world-lg.jpg

So glad I got to see these guys live... on acid no less. Granted it was not with Roger Waters, but the power and grace of Floyd is still stunning to me.

FWIW, I have a tremendous renewed appreciation for them since finding headphones. Their music was truly intended for a set of cans.

I rarely drink soda. But when I do...

most-interesting-man-in-the-world-lg.jpg

Sundrop FTW!!

Anyone have/heard a portable speaker they like?  Probably used exclusively on the beach.

1371902808_ghetto-blaster.jpg

I hope everybody has a safe and happy holiday!!! smile.png

J for $7k you can have a SC now and keep your warranty.

A truck that heavy a turbo really won't be as much fun on the street as the SC either.  

I'll warn you, my thoughts were to start out like that as well.

.....then I added:

Headers $1800

More boost with a bigger pulley $200, but it required injectors then $1000

Custom Tune and tuning software $1200

Transmission took a shit because of it $7k

Wheels/Tires $3k

Suspension $1.5k

Brakes $5k

Stereo/computer etc $1000

Which then magically adds to $30k on top of the truck.  It ain't cheap to make a square heavy box fast.

The TRD SC was what I meant, but my fingers moved faster than my brain did. The tune comes with the SC, as well as the CAI.

From my research with other Toyota drivers who have the SC, they have not had tranny issues with it, but they have had to do the fuel system and sparks to get the full potential.

It's just spitballing at this point, it may happen, it may not.

J

Ted 2 was funny as fuck.

J for $7k you can have a SC now and keep your warranty.

A truck that heavy a turbo really won't be as much fun on the street as the SC either.

I'll warn you, my thoughts were to start out like that as well.

.....then I added:

Headers $1800

More boost with a bigger pulley $200, but it required injectors then $1000

Custom Tune and tuning software $1200

Transmission took a shit because of it $7k

Wheels/Tires $3k

Suspension $1.5k

Brakes $5k

Stereo/computer etc $1000

Which then magically adds to $30k on top of the truck. It ain't cheap to make a square heavy box fast.

The TRD SC was what I meant, but my fingers moved faster than my brain did. The tune comes with the SC, as well as the CAI.

From my research with other Toyota drivers who have the SC, they have not had tranny issues with it, but they have had to do the fuel system and sparks to get the full potential.

It's just spitballing at this point, it may happen, it may not.

J

Had a SUPER conservative tune which is expected with warranty

Having someone make my down pipe with stainless that can arc weld pretty..I have but have a buddy that makes some killer welds...GNX block is coming soon until I piece together the motor for a swap will boost the V6 till it blows..biggrin.png  Factory V6 will be a single T-70 at 18psi..Have a factory set of manifolds taken to my local machine shop to be fitted for the piping...Intercooler is for the twin but we are going to tweak for the single till the GNX is complete..

No cutting on the bumper cover will be required for the intercooler..But I am going to put a billet tube grille on the lower nose for air flow..

Service engine soon light is from the removal of the duct and airbox to measure the piping..lol

Sean my little V6 is coming for your Escalade..smile.png

Lower end of the V6 was already built by the owner before me.. Top half was mild built as well...Would not be scared for 18 psi..But do not want to dump a shit load of money for a twin...because the piping for a twin will have to be re-routed for the Buick 231..

Are you using the RWD Buick heads? Not sure if you know this, but the turbo TransAm (89 model Indianapolis 500 SE) used the FWD heads to clear the strut towers. IIRC better flow was also realized with the FWD heads. If you can find an '89 TTA engine you would have better bottom end components as well.

Happy colonial treason day!

Wtf is that huh2.gif

Are you using the RWD Buick heads? Not sure if you know this, but the turbo TransAm (89 model Indianapolis 500 SE) used the FWD heads to clear the strut towers. IIRC better flow was also realized with the FWD heads. If you can find an '89 TTA engine you would have better bottom end components as well.

I actually came across a turbo TA motor on ebay not long ago..I thought about it but figured the freight would be as much as the motor itself being in northern CA..I would be interested though if I could find one within a reasonable distance.I also seen a complete restored TA with about 40,000 miles listed for about $50,000 or so.

Happy colonial treason day!

Wtf is that huh2.gif

Our independence was another countries treason.

:-)