Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Not really much else around these lakes worth keeping. Need much bigger/deeper water for trout. No walleye, it's pretty much small pike ( lots of little bones) sunfish, and bass. Bass in the 2-3 lb range are great tasting, and provide a decent pan size fillet.

There are bass in the 4+ lb range in these lakes, but taste gets worse as they get bigger.

it's SUPER easy to filet the bones right out of a pike

Talking about bass is making me seriously miss my old boat. Not kid friendly sad.png

7a187d2eaf07e8f170a9b735963f69c22_zps7fv

You fuck bitches on that boat?!
in the bass

Honestly not a fan of bass boats, but that was a sexy boat.
they fish better than anything. Had that one 6 years. Cost of ownership was -$500 as I sold it for more than I paid.

*excluding gas and oil

Only problem I have with in ears is when you have a crapton of wax and it tickles. Easy enough to take off and wipe down though.

I'm pretty waxy. Its not perfect but better than cans on my head when drenched. I feel less dirty with my IEMs than with cans' that's for sure.

I also feel that IEMs get me much more "sound" for the dollar than over the ears.

My only complaint is I don't like IEM all day everyday. I need to take days off. Cans let my ears breathe like they need to.

I should have said it earlier, but if you like the beats than you probably won't like the MC5. They don't have bass and though some would consider them analytical sounding they start to step into the sterile sounding territory to me.

I completely agree.

All "good" speakers, headphones, IEMs are a little brutal to music that is poorly produced. This brand of IEM is known for being a hair light on the bass. Definitely in all the ones I have tried.

There are really bass friendly styles out there. Bass really relies on an airtight seal. Foam or custom will get the best results.

Not really much else around these lakes worth keeping. Need much bigger/deeper water for trout. No walleye, it's pretty much small pike ( lots of little bones) sunfish, and bass. Bass in the 2-3 lb range are great tasting, and provide a decent pan size fillet.

There are bass in the 4+ lb range in these lakes, but taste gets worse as they get bigger.

If you got bass you gotta have pan fish, blue gill, sunnies whatever you wanna call them.

Better eating than bass. I like bass myself but pan fish win as my favorite lake fish.

For the record J I am really biased to the IEM style products.

I have spent an embarrassing amount on them. Wife has benefited. Friends have. Roomate has...

I stopped when I realised the IEM was was better than any source at my disposal. At this point it's just about getting the most comfortable fit.

Next step for me is to get a custom mold, research a few brands and decide on how stupid I want to be with my purchase.

Festival was pretty nice, Friday night was muddy since it rained but by Saturday it pretty much dried off at the stages. 

End of the festival was not so nice. I dropped my car keys in a shallow well; managed to recover them and ended up fighting with the GF because I wanted to open the remote to dry it. 

Last Dec I was on a skiing trip with friends, car remote stopped working when we were on the mountain, the driver side door lock happened to fall into the door the day previous, and the passenger side door lock was already broken. I pulled out the battery from the remote, cupped it in my hands and breathed on it for a minute then stuck it back in. The whole time this one guy was scoffing about how it wouldn't work until I clicked it and the car unlocked. "FUCK YOU!"

I get it that she was tired (it was 4AM) but it's not a hobby to clean my remote after it was submerged in water. It's not like it took an hour. Oh, well, it is what it is...

Really too much to discuss, neither of us are perfect, both have made mistakes. 

A guy I know said that women have 4 lips. 2 to get mad at you, 2 to make up with you. 

I feel it's more like 2 and 4.

Then again if she really wants to make it up to me she should use the ones that made me mad.

Semantics. Anyway, smart guy.

She could use either set. The picture she painted of me when she was mad is nasty. 

I'm pretty bummed now, how do other couples work? I've been pushing projects more and more behind just because I spend time with her. If this doesn't work out, I shall do my best to find somebody who has a strong passion for something, doesn't have to be the same passion as mine. 

When first dating it's nice if somebody has hobbies and uses up their free time to grow and evolve. When the relationship gets serious you begin to spend more time with each other and the hobbies start to lag. Then it becomes a problem for the other person that you don't have hobbies anymore. 

Rant over, I should be working now. 

If you got bass you gotta have pan fish, blue gill, sunnies whatever you wanna call them.

Better eating than bass. I like bass myself but pan fish win as my favorite lake fish.

xMILLIONS

Bass are actually about the nastiest fresh water fish to eat.

Northern Pike of course get pretty crappy in warm water as well, but panfish are always good.  Generically speaking fresh water fish are pointless as food compared to salt though.

She could use either set. The picture she painted of me when she was mad is nasty. 

I'm pretty bummed now, how do other couples work? I've been pushing projects more and more behind just because I spend time with her. If this doesn't work out, I shall do my best to find somebody who has a strong passion for something, doesn't have to be the same passion as mine. 

When first dating it's nice if somebody has hobbies and uses up their free time to grow and evolve. When the relationship gets serious you begin to spend more time with each other and the hobbies start to lag. Then it becomes a problem for the other person that you don't have hobbies anymore. 

Walk away.  A woman that wants you to not be you is not for you.

Of course if what you said was misinterpreted on my part or exaggerated then perhaps my black and white is grey.

It's akin to a message I teach all the guys that work for me all the time.  They are always bitching about someone.  My comment is always if you want them to change, you have to change.  That is the only sure way to get a different reaction from them.  I read your comments as to get the reaction you want her to have you can't be you.

To me that means you are in a short term relationship.  Have fun in bed, look around for a replacement, but don't get STUCK.

Chicks.

Whiny, but then again, vagina.

Ha, True

I have to weigh everything. The part about the hobbies was an anecdote and I'm slipping slowly into it. I'm at that part where my hobbies are lagging behind. 

Playing chauffeur is what consumes my time. When she stays at my place I always go to work late, get off work late, pick her up and from there on I don't have time to do everything I would do in an afternoon. End result is we don't have time for us. Simple solution in my view would be for her to use one of my cars and go to work. It's 1.5 miles away. She could even walk there or bike there. 

Really too much to discuss, neither of us are perfect, both have made mistakes. 

A guy I know said that women have 4 lips. 2 to get mad at you, 2 to make up with you. 

LOL! A wise man, he is.

I should have said it earlier, but if you like the beats than you probably won't like the MC5. They don't have bass and though some would consider them analytical sounding they start to step into the sterile sounding territory to me.

I forgot the model I had (er7?), but my etymotics had good bass levels. There were excellent at blocking out noise. So much so that I only wore one in my ear while running near streets.

I washed mine one too many times and have been using some stock Samsung in ears... I really miss my old buds.

I have to weigh everything. The part about the hobbies was an anecdote and I'm slipping slowly into it. I'm at that part where my hobbies are lagging behind. 

Playing chauffeur is what consumes my time. When she stays at my place I always go to work late, get off work late, pick her up and from there on I don't have time to do everything I would do in an afternoon. End result is we don't have time for us. Simple solution in my view would be for her to use one of my cars and go to work. It's 1.5 miles away. She could even walk there or bike there. 

If it's 1.5 miles away, how does it take up all your time?

Not trying to be a nag, just trying to understand.

So I got tired of buying a new $100 weed eater every year. I have a lot of maintenance that I have half assed for years and now I need to do something about it.

I decided to look at the multi-task units offered by Echo, Husqvarna, and Stihl. I elected to stick with these 3 brands as they are really excellent units for homeowners and professionals. I want to play with the various offerings like pole saws, hedge trimmers/lawn scythe, brush cutters, etc. My goal was 13 pounds with trimmer, simple trimmer head string swaps, 1.25HP, and a good warranty.

I picked up the Stihl first. I started looking at the homeowner's series head, the KM56RCE. It has a 2 stroke engine, 1.1 HP, right at 9 pounds for the head, an easy start (decompression set up), and a 2-4 year warranty. It was decent, but lacked the power I was really hoping for. The price of the head was a really easy $210, and let's be real, it's a Stihl. I have a 50 year old Stihl chainsaw that has outlasted 4 Poulans and an Echo. But the CARB tier was estimated at 150 hours... The professional Series (KM90, KM110, and KM130) have a 300+ estimated tier, and 4 stroke engines rated at 1.27, 1.4, and 1.9 HP rating and priced at $310, 350, and 390 respectively. The pro series also boasts a vibration damping system for the engine to reduce fatigue. They are heavier, but smaller than the 2 stroke motor.

I picked up the Echo and was not impressed. Usually they make a great product, but the attachments felt jenky in the connection. They were also very close lipped about the power ratings. At $300 for their top of the line offering, the price was excellent. Their 5 year warranty kicked ass.

I like the Husqvarnas. They make an amazing product, but right out of the gate I was turned off by the price. Their models that compared to the Stihl Homeowners series priced out at a whopping $450. At 1.1 HP and that price I stopped bothering with it.

I went with the Stihl KM90r. After talking to the rep (fully ready to throw down the money for the 130) I think it is a good fit. He said most pros who use their systems use the 90 motors. The 110 just really uses more gas, and the 130 is so hyper most people don't care for it. SO I grabbed the straight shaft Autocut trimmer head attachment, the brush cutter attachment, the pole saw attachment, and an additional Fix-Cut trimmer head (just insert 8" lines into the receptical, so no winding/etc.) for when the boy uses it. With oils, fuels, additional accessories I wound up spending about a grand on a god damn weed eater. It had better last me a long fucking time.

I just came in from using it for several hours. Started on the second pull cold, and 1st pull on successive startups. The trimmer is a monster, it straight throws some trimmings. I'm glad they gave me free safety glasses... I need them. The brush cutter is frightening. I used it for several hours, even grinding a stump down with it. Tomorrow I will be using the pole saw, to deal with some branches around the roof of my house. Unfortunately, I paid a shit ton of money for a weed eater that still requires user effort.

Thank you so much. I have been going through cheapies every 2 years.

Great input.

Dude, I got so tired of wasting my money and time. I would get irritated when they would get hard to start. I generally got a year out of a $100 "Weedeater" or Craftsman weed eater, then I would throw the fucker in the burn pile. 3 weeks ago my eater died. I figure I have been a homeowner for over 20 years, so I have spent roughly 2K on crap weedeaters. Why not buy one that will likely outlast me? I just hope this survives the test of time.

Plus I got the bonus of the pole saw, brush cutter, and a lot of other great attachments like a killer blower, lawn scythe, edger, cultivator... and like 14 other attachments. It's really a cool tool.

stihl-kombi-tools.jpg

Bumping this because I am back into the serious looking of this same equipment.

Any update on your set up? Not sure if I really want to drop the change for the KM90

So I got tired of buying a new $100 weed eater every year. I have a lot of maintenance that I have half assed for years and now I need to do something about it.

I decided to look at the multi-task units offered by Echo, Husqvarna, and Stihl. I elected to stick with these 3 brands as they are really excellent units for homeowners and professionals. I want to play with the various offerings like pole saws, hedge trimmers/lawn scythe, brush cutters, etc. My goal was 13 pounds with trimmer, simple trimmer head string swaps, 1.25HP, and a good warranty.

I picked up the Stihl first. I started looking at the homeowner's series head, the KM56RCE. It has a 2 stroke engine, 1.1 HP, right at 9 pounds for the head, an easy start (decompression set up), and a 2-4 year warranty. It was decent, but lacked the power I was really hoping for. The price of the head was a really easy $210, and let's be real, it's a Stihl. I have a 50 year old Stihl chainsaw that has outlasted 4 Poulans and an Echo. But the CARB tier was estimated at 150 hours... The professional Series (KM90, KM110, and KM130) have a 300+ estimated tier, and 4 stroke engines rated at 1.27, 1.4, and 1.9 HP rating and priced at $310, 350, and 390 respectively. The pro series also boasts a vibration damping system for the engine to reduce fatigue. They are heavier, but smaller than the 2 stroke motor.

I picked up the Echo and was not impressed. Usually they make a great product, but the attachments felt jenky in the connection. They were also very close lipped about the power ratings. At $300 for their top of the line offering, the price was excellent. Their 5 year warranty kicked ass.

I like the Husqvarnas. They make an amazing product, but right out of the gate I was turned off by the price. Their models that compared to the Stihl Homeowners series priced out at a whopping $450. At 1.1 HP and that price I stopped bothering with it.

I went with the Stihl KM90r. After talking to the rep (fully ready to throw down the money for the 130) I think it is a good fit. He said most pros who use their systems use the 90 motors. The 110 just really uses more gas, and the 130 is so hyper most people don't care for it. SO I grabbed the straight shaft Autocut trimmer head attachment, the brush cutter attachment, the pole saw attachment, and an additional Fix-Cut trimmer head (just insert 8" lines into the receptical, so no winding/etc.) for when the boy uses it. With oils, fuels, additional accessories I wound up spending about a grand on a god damn weed eater. It had better last me a long fucking time.

I just came in from using it for several hours. Started on the second pull cold, and 1st pull on successive startups. The trimmer is a monster, it straight throws some trimmings. I'm glad they gave me free safety glasses... I need them. The brush cutter is frightening. I used it for several hours, even grinding a stump down with it. Tomorrow I will be using the pole saw, to deal with some branches around the roof of my house. Unfortunately, I paid a shit ton of money for a weed eater that still requires user effort.

Thank you so much. I have been going through cheapies every 2 years.

Great input.

Dude, I got so tired of wasting my money and time. I would get irritated when they would get hard to start. I generally got a year out of a $100 "Weedeater" or Craftsman weed eater, then I would throw the fucker in the burn pile. 3 weeks ago my eater died. I figure I have been a homeowner for over 20 years, so I have spent roughly 2K on crap weedeaters. Why not buy one that will likely outlast me? I just hope this survives the test of time.

Plus I got the bonus of the pole saw, brush cutter, and a lot of other great attachments like a killer blower, lawn scythe, edger, cultivator... and like 14 other attachments. It's really a cool tool.

stihl-kombi-tools.jpg

Bumping this because I am back into the serious looking of this same equipment.

Any update on your set up? Not sure if I really want to drop the change for the KM90

That 10 to 15% gasohol doesn't help either!