Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Seth,

Any reccomendations for wireless over the ears?

Need a pair for the gym.

J

J, I wish I had some real viable solutions for you, but my experience is very limited. Anything I have to offer will be second hand. My research was strictly based upon my needs (I had the amp to really open up my choices) and admittedly, my own bias to the Sennheiser sound. I would be glad to peruse the resources I used for my selection if I can get your price range and performance goals as well as your source (iPod, iPhone, Droid device, laptop, etc.). Also, what kind of wireless range and what size transmitter will you be able to use, or would you prefer Bluetooth? Do you have a big head, big ears, or any issue with clamping force and comfort?

I can understand your limitations and appreciate any help you can provide. I would be using bluetooth or if offered the wireless transmitter plug. I'd like the transmitter to be very small as it will be in my pocket or sitting on my logbook. I won't be plugging it in and leaving it. Wireless range would be under 10 ft as the source (ipod touch (gen 3 i believe) or iphone6+) would be in my pocket or sitting on my log book. I have a bigger head (7 3/4 hat size and wear a Carhartt beanie in the gym all the time) as well as slightly bigger than average ears (Polish and Italian background). As such many headphones don't go low enough to truly go over my ears.

J

Seth,

Need a pair for the gym.

J

No.

Wrong. In ear. Do not fook around with over the ears at the gym.

Don't be that guy.

In ears bother the fuck out of my ear holes. Never sits correctly, and I have yet to find a pair that can stay in my ears when I get sweaty after I cram em in.

J

A week, not weekend :)

Even better. I'll finally get some time with my daughter again here in a few weeks. This will be a fun road trip to NY.

J

Seth,

Need a pair for the gym.

J

No.

Don't be that guy.

I just run the wire under the shirt with my in ear to my phone in the pocket, or use those cheap clip on mp3 players to my shirt (sandisk sansa) if phone in pocket doesn't work. I don't really see how wires are a problem.

Seth,

Need a pair for the gym.

J

No.

Don't be that guy.

I just run the wire under the shirt with my in ear to my phone in the pocket, or use those cheap clip on mp3 players to my shirt (sandisk sansa) if phone in pocket doesn't work. I don't really see how wires are a problem.

I've done that in the past. Works well, I am just tired of the hide-a-wire gimmick. I'd rather jist eliminate the wire all together.

J

Seth,

Need a pair for the gym.

J

No.

Don't be that guy.

In ears bother the fuck out of my ear holes. Never sits correctly, and I have yet to find a pair that can stay in my ears when I get sweaty after I cram em in.

J

I have some etymotics that have interchangable plugs, the set I use are foam, so you squish them down stick in ear then they expand. They're comfortable, cancel out 99% noise from outside world, and won't come out unless you snag the wire on something real hard.

Seth,

Need a pair for the gym.

J

No.

Don't be that guy.

J

I have some etymotics that have interchangable plugs, the set I use are foam, so you squish them down stick in ear then they expand. They're comfortable, cancel out 99% noise from outside world, and won't come out unless you snag the wire on something real hard.

Any link?

J

Seth,

Need a pair for the gym.

J

No.

Don't be that guy.

I've done that in the past. Works well, I am just tired of the hide-a-wire gimmick. I'd rather jist eliminate the wire all together.

J

If they had normal size in ear that were wireless I'd definitely go for it, but the wireless in ears are bigger than normal, and over ears seems like it would be annoying for working out, but what do I know, I've never tried it. See waht sennheiser makes

What makes them freeze? Mine never leaves the garage nor gets drained and it is COLD here

When they freeze and aren't winterized. I can't explain why it didn't happen to you, as mine has cracked twice.

Seth,

Need a pair for the gym.

J

No.

Don't be that guy.

J

If they had normal size in ear that were wireless I'd definitely go for it, but the wireless in ears are bigger than normal, and over ears seems like it would be annoying for working out, but what do I know, I've never tried it. See waht sennheiser makes

I used wired Bose in ear and then some custom painted (off the back of the truck) Beats in Iraq. The Bose sucked. Even with 3 different types of 'plugs' they never sat right. The Beats cancelled out the sound, and still work well, but the wire is annoying as hell.

J

Looks like they got that other escaped prisoner around Malone,NY sleep.png

Dentist appointment tomorrow for quad cleaning/scaling I have very sensitive teeth so I am not looking forward to this at all..They are doing this in one session not two. I know I am going to suffer for a couple of days been several years since I had this done,but never in one session..Think they will give me good shit for pain? plus I have a date Tuesday night with a chick that is going to help me put in my transgo-HD2 kit in the 4L60-E and afterwards I was hoping to throw her the meat all night that the hydro's make possible..

Thanks,

Michael

Seth,

Need a pair for the gym.

J

No.

Don't be that guy.

J

Custom molded FTMFW.  

Seth,

Need a pair for the gym.

J

No.

Don't be that guy.

J

IMO wires are easier than charging or dealing with crap sound due to removing them.

What makes them freeze? Mine never leaves the garage nor gets drained and it is COLD here

When they freeze and aren't winterized. I can't explain why it didn't happen to you, as mine has cracked twice.

I unplug the hose from mine and let the water run out, lol.  I couldn't find a drain on it the first year and at this point I am actually more concerned the motor dies than the pump.

Dentist appointment tomorrow for quad cleaning/scaling I have very sensitive teeth so I am not looking forward to this at all..They are doing this in one session not two. I know I am going to suffer for a couple of days been several years since I had this done,but never in one session..Think they will give me good shit for pain? plus I have a date Tuesday night with a chick that is going to help me put in my transgo-HD2 kit in the 4L60-E and afterwards I was hoping to throw her the meat all night that the hydro's make possible..

Thanks,

Michael

Going out with another tranny to work on your tranny, huh?

VERY family oriented.  I never go to anywhere twice if I can help it, but we will book a week cabin there next year too.

Only problem I have with in ears is when you have a crapton of wax and it tickles.  Easy enough to take off and wipe down though.

Festival was pretty nice, Friday night was muddy since it rained but by Saturday it pretty much dried off at the stages. 

End of the festival was not so nice. I dropped my car keys in a shallow well; managed to recover them and ended up fighting with the GF because I wanted to open the remote to dry it. 

We measured up to 128dB in front of the main stage. It was seriously loud. 

*measurement on the APM to be precise :) 

Think I convinced Aidan to get on stage next year and sing.  Every where we went at the resort the staff was singing. Resort has a theme song, lol, I am contemplating rewriting it, pen'ing up some lyrics and then playing it with the boys there next year.  Have the band join me and then shit when they realize I changed all the chords and melody to their theme song but hid it in another song. 

It would be much easier if I could find the music for it.

*off to search.

According to the owners it is the longest current running musical they put on.  51 years so far. :P

Thanks,

Michael

Going out with another tranny to work on your tranny, huh?

Yea she is pretty hot..What a pic?