Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I've worked on, driven, and beaten several of them. They are actually really fun cars to drive. I used a TTA intercooler in my Grand National for a while, with a Duttwieler inlet mod on it. They had 30% more cooling capacity than the Grand National intercooler did.

I've worked on, driven, and beaten several of them. They are actually really fun cars to drive. I used a TTA intercooler in my Grand National for a while, with a Duttwieler inlet mod on it. They had 30% more cooling capacity than the Grand National intercooler did.

I bet the motors are hard to come by...What numbers or letters should I look for in the vin?

I bet the motors are hard to come by...What numbers or letters should I look for in the vin?

8th vin digit for the 231 sfi turbo buick motor is always a 7. I don't care if it is an 86 grand national, 87 GNX or a TTA, the 8th digit will be a 7.

8th vin digit for the 231 sfi turbo buick motor is always a 7. I don't care if it is an 86 grand national, 87 GNX or a TTA, the 8th digit will be a 7.

This one here says vin 9  What is this? or is it just a misprint in the listing?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/84-85-BUICK-REGAL-ENGINE-6-231-3-8L-W-TURBO-VIN-9-/400922223777?hash=item5d58d3a4a1&vxp=mtr

This one has a 9 as well..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Grand-National-Engine-Turbo-Buick-Long-Block-GNX-3-8L-V6-NOS-GM-Reman-No-Reserve-/291501352680?hash=item43ded5a6e8&vxp=mtr

Are they not true turbo motors?

This one here says vin 9  What is this? or is it just a misprint in the listing?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/84-85-BUICK-REGAL-ENGINE-6-231-3-8L-W-TURBO-VIN-9-/400922223777?hash=item5d58d3a4a1&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Grand-National-Engine-Turbo-Buick-Long-Block-GNX-3-8L-V6-NOS-GM-Reman-No-Reserve-/291501352680?hash=item43ded5a6e8&vxp=mtr

Should have clarified intercooled 3.8 turbo sfi Buick motor. Pre 86 motors were not intercooled.

Should have clarified intercooled 3.8 turbo sfi Buick motor. Pre 86 motors were not intercooled.

Was the 86 and up with the vin 7 built to withstand more being intercooled or is it the same block as the vin 9?

Was the 86 and up with the vin 7 built to withstand more being intercooled or is it the same block as the vin 9?

Vin 7 has a bit more beef in it. We did a non-intercooled (84) to intercooled conversion, but we kept it close to stock. If you're gonna build it, I suggest a Vin 7 block.

Seen this seth..I know your into tube amplifiers..

https://nashville.craigslist.org/ele/5104031757.html

Cool, but I'm not into HK.

I am snagging a Jolida 502 or 202

jd502crc_front.jpg

275789-jolida_jd202__integrated.jpg

Those are nice! smile.png

and they can be had, modded with extra tubes on Audiogon for under a grand all day long in like new condition. Even new the 502 can be had for 1400 and the 202 for a G.

I also like things you can flip without taking it in the shorts. :)

Burger King is considering firing me because I called in 5 hours before my shift yesterday and all I have to give them is a 4 hour notice before my shift, and i worked 6 days straight. They told me I cant call in on a holiday. Sick of working this fast food bullshit for pennys. But its helping pay my bills. Time to apply for more better jobs, Fuck Burger King!!!!

I agree. Find something better.

However calling in is bullshit. Break that habit if you can.

Edited by dem beats

I love the Whopper jr.!! I used to get 5 at a time when they was only a $1.00 and eat them all in one setting smile.png  i think they have a better taste then the regular Whopper burger.

Had a family party for the 4th of july I have only called in 3 times in the 2+ years Ive been working there

I love the Whopper jr.!! I used to get 5 at a time when they was only a $1.00 and eat them all in one setting smile.png i think they have a better taste then the regular Whopper burger.
I remember when I was young the whoppers use to be only $1

Had a family party for the 4th of july I have only called in 3 times in the 2+ years Ive been working there

If you called in to go to a party you deserve to lose your job. No offense, but that displays a horrific work ethic.

You know that proud feeling that you are training your guys well. I have 5 mechanics on the pull up lines and my senior guy told me last night that one of the new guys was extending his breaks buy 20 plus minutes and wanted to let me know he was taking care of it before I had to. 

I love team work like that, I made note of that for his next performance review. The best part is the mechanic doing this told me before I left last night and wanted me to know it would not happen again. 

If you called in to go to a party you deserve to lose your job. No offense, but that displays a horrific work ethic.

Yes it does, I always tell my guys if they need off to let me know so I can work with them.

I would probably write you up if you refused to come in for a shift you had been scheduled for. Don't agree to work if you can't/don't want to. Depending on if you lied about not comming in I would fire ya actually.

Did you find someone to replace you or did you pass that buck too?

You are a smart kid, don't let a shitty work ethic spoil your future.

For the record, the amount of times you call in means so little. If you do it once when you are needed, it destroys any credibility you have earned.