Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

If I had to have a bar due to my wife I'd build one.  3 separate full range drivers or if I could make it larger perhaps a tweeter vertically on top.  6chn minidsp and an amp.  My long term goal would always be passive, but much better IMO to build a design after trying it out a bit first anyways.

If I can't mod the wall the right way in the remodel that is what I'll be doing.  Probably built into a mantle or shelf or something instead of a box, but whatever makes sense.  I prefer it to be all built in.

The part that always has me torn is what is enough.  Could separate the main stereo from the tv too.  I am not opposed to a 5.1 and 2.1 in the same room.

The most concerning built in location I have though is the kitchen.  I have to make my cooking space rock.

Have a place to IB a sub into my furnace room....but don't want to hear the furnace really either.  Refuse to give up cabinet space as well which leaves a 6th order as a choice.  I'd really prefer IB.

Any ideas to make something like this look nicer?

OEBGR5_full.jpg

Hopefully the ceiling comes down though so I can mount a real board with a cutout under the rock.  If not I need to bolt a board like the above bracket to the ceiling.  Figure I should run the whole house active since I don't like any of the permanent options I've heard.

11 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

They are just the budget buy for those who need fuck you loud and sounds good.

Understood.. but I did state that I was going to use a soundbar on low to medium volumes, and use it to watch nothing but movies on it.

So lets say I buy a Yamaha receiver 5.1.. what pair of speakers and sub could I use? To beat that 700$ sound bar you talked about?

I was not recommending you buy monitors. ;)  It was more to be ridiculous.

Is the only source the TV?  How big can the boxes for the speakers be and where are you going to put them?  Thinking 2.1, 3.1, 2, 3?  I realized you asked for a pair, but just thought I'd throw that out there.  

Willing to build or only buy?

I really wish somewhere in my life I still needed monitors.

Regrettably there is none.  Still want a set.

That WAF scores about "Prison Rape".

but they would be eye bleedingly good and loud.

20 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Is the only source the TV?  How big can the boxes for the speakers be and where are you going to put them?  Thinking 2.1, 3.1, 2, 3?  I realized you asked for a pair, but just thought I'd throw that out there.  

Gotcha I thought you were serious , i live in a bungalow style home so living room isn't huge. I think a 3.1 would be my ideal set up , but I could settle with a 3/2 meanwhile.. built for sure lol I know building them will open up more options. Although I'll buy if it's good enough 

Box Sizes and location its a tough question right now and I'd need more time to plan up. Yes source will be tv / Xbox.

27 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

He even said the source was a receiver.  He has amp power.  

I really want some big big big magnepans.  Powered by big fucking mac amps.

Not so great for dubstep, but the stage is just otherworldly.  I sound like a golden eared asshole, but those big maggies are incredible.

1 hour ago, ///M5 said:

Didn't you listen to my office stereo?  Less than that and destroys those...

Nope!  We spaced it 100%.

Soon.  Beer and music?  

5 minutes ago, dem beats said:

I really want some big big big magnepans.  Powered by big fucking mac amps.

Not so great for dubstep, but the stage is just otherworldly.  I sound like a golden eared asshole, but those big maggies are incredible.

Mine are in the kids playroom lol.

4 minutes ago, dem beats said:

Nope!  We spaced it 100%.

Soon.  Beer and music?  

Yes.  I am going to CA on Sunday for a week though.  Fucking kick off.

1 minute ago, ///M5 said:

Yes.  I am going to CA on Sunday for a week though.  pucking kick off.

Where to in CA?

My office.  Staying in Laguna Beach with an ocean view...but I'd rather be in MN

This is baffle wise sort of what I had in mind, although I'd just build the baffles.  Wondering if I can get the wife to approve painted flush mount drivers so they are exposed in the room.

9 hours ago, dem beats said:

Murder.  I dont even have to click the link.  I have drooled over all those designs.

I have everything for those sitting in the closet for the past 3 or so years :( The crossover is already built and the wood for the box is cut....

I was going to do regular bookshelf boxes, not the angled box.

Maybe that will be my present to myself when I finally get a desk in my new house.