Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Have you been out shooting this year Stefan?

I haven't. Hopefully next week if it's not too hot I'll try to go out. I still need to get a reloader, and start going out a few times a month.

I would be out daily if I lived in the desert........

It also would be nice to sell beds there. $$$$$

I was going out pretty often, but it got hot and my class is at night so I don't get up early.

More people use beds in AZ than MN? :P

Better market saturation, easier to work with people. Lots of blue hairs, and decent income market in places like Mesa and Scottsdale.

Texas and S Florida are then best in my company/industry, but AZ is good too.

In New York it's sleepy's. Sleepy's is gangster as fawk

I haven't. Hopefully next week if it's not too hot I'll try to go out. I still need to get a reloader, and start going out a few times a month.

I was going out pretty often, but it got hot and my class is at night so I don't get up early.

More people use beds in AZ than MN? tongue.png

More retiree's.

Definitely going to get a bigger SD card and spare battery. 5 days in Berlin (job related) then 1 day and night in London and 4 days in Amsterdam as vacation.

You won't need 4 days in Amsterdam...

AZ would be a good match for me. Make a sand rail/buggy/trophy truck thing, buy guns and shoot guns, and slang beds.

Little to no pressure changes to make my arthritis go crazy.

The heat would be hard to get used to.

More people use beds in AZ than MN? tongue.png

More retiree's.

Yup, the ones who have enough cheddar to be snow birds too. Usually have a healthy amount of guest bedrooms, and you gotta get the grandkids a good bed!

i sowwy i didnt mean to make the site look bad ...

i sowwy i didnt mean to make the site look bad ...

You do nothing but make what ever you do look good, little man.

Adrian awesome trip. And nice knife too.

I really like both of mine.

Mine are more hatchet or cleaver than knife, but still really awesome.

How would you build the chassis? Brakes will happen, but I'm not unsatisfied with how they stop now. I do know I am throwing money away, however it's no more or less throwing away than buying a nicer vehicle. I LOVE the interior design of mine, and I LOVE the exterior designs.

I want something quicker, and more off-road capable. And I have to spend a few bucks doing something for the drivetrain, so why not be stupid about it?

I have heard the 4 valve is less torque than the 2v even when built up. I have throught about trick flow heads too. Not sure the cost.

My plan was to get all Manley pistons and rods. What fucks me up is the crank. Why are some 2900 for a forged one and then the ford forged is <600. Is there going to be a difference? Is 600-800hp unreasonable for a DD if everything inside is built with those forged parts?

I would guess it would need better cooling perhaps so a radiator upgrade maybe and an oil cooler and trans cooler too?

The truck is going to be more toy, but still something I will drive all the time.

You can build the chassis however you see fit.  I don't know much about off-roading, so you'd be better served asking elsewhere for that. 

Stock for stock, and maybe slightly built the 2V has more torque than the 4V, but only down low.  This will be negated once you add gears and boost. 

6-800 should be easily attainable with boost and reliable as well.  I can't comment on the crank, but many have used the cast crank at 600HP; I personally would not, but you are welcome to do whatever.  The Lightning and Shelby cranks easily handle 800HP, but I think they are a bit more than $600.  Hell, the Cobra cranks were around a grand last time I looked.

Stock radiator should be adequate, while larger and or upgraded coolers are always a good idea.

Lots of low ceilings and WTF is with the laminate counter tops?

So much for downsizing.

Ha, right.

There is actually a 2200sq ft guest house on the back side of the garage.  It would give me instant babysitters as I could get my parents to move in there.  If it weren't for that and the huge potential to make $$ by fixing the houses layout I'd prefer to downsize.

In that house though we'd end up with an 1800sq ft Master suite & office with HUGE lake views.  The kitchen and great room would be of similar size and the basement walkout/party room to the lake as well.  Add the MIL suite and we could live there for a while.

From the picture the 'bar' at least needs no work.

J

The bar will become the Master Bedroom if we buy that house. Bye bye bar.

What better place for a bar then the master?

You Minnesotans are fuckin odd...

Thought I would share a video for you guys. My gto vs my brothers m5 mustang gt

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j_mTn_SQT8I

What the hell is an M5 GT?

Surprised he was that close.  You've got 100 horse on him.

Lots of low ceilings and WTF is with the laminate counter tops?

So much for downsizing.

Ha, right.

There is actually a 2200sq ft guest house on the back side of the garage.  It would give me instant babysitters as I could get my parents to move in there.  If it weren't for that and the huge potential to make $$ by fixing the houses layout I'd prefer to downsize.

In that house though we'd end up with an 1800sq ft Master suite & office with HUGE lake views.  The kitchen and great room would be of similar size and the basement walkout/party room to the lake as well.  Add the MIL suite and we could live there for a while.

From the picture the 'bar' at least needs no work.

J

The bar will become the Master Bedroom if we buy that house. Bye bye bar.

What better place for a bar then the master?

You Minnesotans are fuckin odd...

What's odd?

I just had to post on page 777

08a83a0fb4466f5eb47fe1ff6c061ccf.jpg

my zip code is 78666

111 off

I like lucky 7's better, lol

How would you build the chassis? Brakes will happen, but I'm not unsatisfied with how they stop now. I do know I am throwing money away, however it's no more or less throwing away than buying a nicer vehicle. I LOVE the interior design of mine, and I LOVE the exterior designs.

I want something quicker, and more off-road capable. And I have to spend a few bucks doing something for the drivetrain, so why not be stupid about it?

I have heard the 4 valve is less torque than the 2v even when built up. I have throught about trick flow heads too. Not sure the cost.

My plan was to get all Manley pistons and rods. What fucks me up is the crank. Why are some 2900 for a forged one and then the ford forged is <600. Is there going to be a difference? Is 600-800hp unreasonable for a DD if everything inside is built with those forged parts?

I would guess it would need better cooling perhaps so a radiator upgrade maybe and an oil cooler and trans cooler too?

The truck is going to be more toy, but still something I will drive all the time.

You can build the chassis however you see fit. I don't know much about off-roading, so you'd be better served asking elsewhere for that.

Stock for stock, and maybe slightly built the 2V has more torque than the 4V, but only down low. This will be negated once you add gears and boost.

6-800 should be easily attainable with boost and reliable as well. I can't comment on the crank, but many have used the cast crank at 600HP; I personally would not, but you are welcome to do whatever. The Lightning and Shelby cranks easily handle 800HP, but I think they are a bit more than $600. Hell, the Cobra cranks were around a grand last time I looked.

Stock radiator should be adequate, while larger and or upgraded coolers are always a good idea.

Thank you for the general info. I was so thrown off by why some cranks were $2000 or more.

The ford forged crank sounds like it would be more than enough.

Edited by dem beats

You can build the chassis however you see fit. I don't know much about off-roading, so you'd be better served asking elsewhere for that.

Stock for stock, and maybe slightly built the 2V has more torque than the 4V, but only down low. This will be negated once you add gears and boost.

6-800 should be easily attainable with boost and reliable as well. I can't comment on the crank, but many have used the cast crank at 600HP; I personally would not, but you are welcome to do whatever. The Lightning and Shelby cranks easily handle 800HP, but I think they are a bit more than $600. Hell, the Cobra cranks were around a grand last time I looked.

Thank you for the general info. I was so thrown off by why some cranks were $2000 or more.

The ford forged crank sounds like it would be more than enough.

Kellogg makes the forged shafts for Ford.   You can price a comparable Kellogg branded crank for upwards of $2K, so. . . . .

Sorry Aaron, I know you guys make money off forum space and the store, and here we are running off potential customers/advertisers.

So, kellog just charges more.... First time ever the "factory" part is cheeper than the performance "aftermarket"

Sorry Aaron, I know you guys make money off forum space and the store, and here we are running off potential customers/advertisers.

Riff-raff, the lot of 'em.

GET OFFA MY LAWN!

I have this strange metallic taste in my mouth... :|

You drinking blood again, Dracula?