Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Fuck the stand, mine was $15 worth of pine

I have the stand and plan to build something much more robust soon

Absolutely! Make your stand for sure. I need to make one for myself actually. Gonna put it on dubs and grill that bitch till the wheels fall off.

For 1,500 I'd be buying fire bricks and building my own egg too.

Not sure if I posted, but I ended up picking up an Asus RT-N12 router. $26 used from Amazon. 300Mbps N router, with larger external antennas than my original Linksys.

I am so worn out. I am happy with the money I am making, but I told the boss 3 days ago I needed 20 hours by today. Pay period ends the 15th and last day of the month, and I want to see 100 hours turned per pay period, and 20 hours would put me at my 100.

Well he laid it to me with 16.8, 17.9, and 22 hours consecutively. So yeah, I turned 137 hours total... Makes me happy, brings up my hourly (I get a performance based commission, every 5 hours over 80 gives me an additional $1 an hour total (not after the 80, but total)) so I make an additional $11 per hour total turned, over $1500 in additional pay for performance based initiative, plus my net shop intake bonus for my foreman position... or at least I assume that goes on this pay period.

They gave me the foreman position on monday, which was 4 days before my scheduled review and offer of the position. I really got them good with 4 difficult diagnosis, 2 for other techs and I didn't pull the diag labor, and 2 for me. One was a communication issue that was difficult, and the other was so basic it was sad, but it was at 3 other shops where the poor bastard spent almost a grand. I charged him 1.5 hours and an O2 sensor... It is pitiful the "technicians" that are out there.

So the job I had worked for 3 months to get is paying off. The work is fantastic (I love the independent "specialty" shop work as difficult is rewarding both financially and personally), the pay is very nice (I will be above my desired pay very easily even with a 30% drop in work) and the people I work with are pretty cool. The owner doesn't have much to do with us aside from advertisement (~20,000 per month), but the shop manager is really cool, and the service writer is pretty strong too, and the techs are decent. I have 1 diagnostic guy who is really good, one nuts and bolts guy, 1 GS, and my apprentice. I wish I had more stalls, but other than that I have no complaints.

Oh yeah, I can afford a lot more Double Oaked... Win/win mother fuckers!!!

Oooooohhhhhh. Uncle sam's gonna eat ur ass up.

As of this month Im at ~850 OT hrs for the year.

For 1,500 I'd be buying fire bricks and building my own egg too.

agreed. That's absurd. For 1500 I could have a complete basic outdoor kitchen. I plan on turning this house in a few months and don't plan to make any permanent changes.

Rusted out smoker box for now I guess.

I searched craigslist for a used one. Not much luck.

My buddy just purchased an egg. And you could not purchase anything that gets as hot, or smokes as cool/long for under 1000. I looked.

And if you are in a colder climate or desert climate nothing will work as well. It's an investment for sure though.

I may just get the large. I'm sure if I shopped around I could find one for cheaper than 1100.

Hell I could get a pair of tires for the SS for that.

I plan on getting a Egg soon also. Everytime we move someone with one they say its the best thing they have bought (grill wise)

Not sure if I posted, but I ended up picking up an Asus RT-N12 router. $26 used from Amazon. 300Mbps N router, with larger external antennas than my original Linksys.

Return it, that is the POS i own.  Absolute crap.

I am so worn out. I am happy with the money I am making, but I told the boss 3 days ago I needed 20 hours by today. Pay period ends the 15th and last day of the month, and I want to see 100 hours turned per pay period, and 20 hours would put me at my 100.

Well he laid it to me with 16.8, 17.9, and 22 hours consecutively. So yeah, I turned 137 hours total... Makes me happy, brings up my hourly (I get a performance based commission, every 5 hours over 80 gives me an additional $1 an hour total (not after the 80, but total)) so I make an additional $11 per hour total turned, over $1500 in additional pay for performance based initiative, plus my net shop intake bonus for my foreman position... or at least I assume that goes on this pay period.

They gave me the foreman position on monday, which was 4 days before my scheduled review and offer of the position. I really got them good with 4 difficult diagnosis, 2 for other techs and I didn't pull the diag labor, and 2 for me. One was a communication issue that was difficult, and the other was so basic it was sad, but it was at 3 other shops where the poor bastard spent almost a grand. I charged him 1.5 hours and an O2 sensor... It is pitiful the "technicians" that are out there.

So the job I had worked for 3 months to get is paying off. The work is fantastic (I love the independent "specialty" shop work as difficult is rewarding both financially and personally), the pay is very nice (I will be above my desired pay very easily even with a 30% drop in work) and the people I work with are pretty cool. The owner doesn't have much to do with us aside from advertisement (~20,000 per month), but the shop manager is really cool, and the service writer is pretty strong too, and the techs are decent. I have 1 diagnostic guy who is really good, one nuts and bolts guy, 1 GS, and my apprentice. I wish I had more stalls, but other than that I have no complaints.

Oh yeah, I can afford a lot more Double Oaked... Win/win mother fuckers!!!

That is awesome. Im

Nice part about routers like that is you can run wrt or tomatoe. Have some more control.

Really nice unit.

1100 for the large egg package. Stand, egg, and side little prep boards. Holy smokes. 400 more for the XL.

My XL was 1200 with the nest thrown in free

1100 for the large egg package. Stand, egg, and side little prep boards. Holy smokes. 400 more for the XL.

in texas?

My Asus has made me reboot to regain connection 4 times tonight alone.  Serious bullshit.

Boo.  Wanted to do a carpc for the Cayenne if I go that route, but getting good gps on a pc sucks I guess :(  May mean Android front end.  I was pretty excited for all the voice commands though and losing them sucks.

in texas?

Sweetwater Pools

10408 Rockley Rd

Houston, TX 77099

(281) 988-8480

This was last year; prices may have gone up since then

Shoot, maybe 10 miles from work. Ill have to swing in there with cash in hand and try to haggle a deal.

Thanks for looking up the info for me.

Boo.  Wanted to do a carpc for the Cayenne if I go that route, but getting good gps on a pc sucks I guess sad.png  May mean Android front end.  I was pretty excited for all the voice commands though and losing them sucks.

The usb gps dongles are inaccurate?

You gonna send me that hdd Rick?

Wow man I completely forgot. Is it okay if I send it this weekend? Like I said I'm in no hurry as long as it isn't an inconvenience to you.

Wow man I completely forgot. Is it okay if I send it this weekend? Like I said I'm in no hurry as long as it isn't an inconvenience to you.

Yeah, otherwise I'll forget about it. :lol: