Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I've got a 2500/5000 deductible plan and love it and it probably costs 400 a month, that includes 300+ into a hsa though. smile.png

That's about what I have. Just under $100 a month for a family with a $4500 deductible. Work provides $1300 of it and the rest is tax free contributions into HSA/FSA.

I have a max out of pocket of $1k/yr including my contribution for a whole family. Obviously something is jacked with bumcare

Don't they offer an HSA plan?

I've got a 2500/5000 deductible plan and love it and it probably costs 400 a month, that includes 300+ into a hsa though. smile.png

That's about what I have. Just under $100 a month for a family with a $4500 deductible. Work provides $1300 of it and the rest is tax free contributions into HSA/FSA.
I have a max out of pocket of $1k/yr including my contribution for a whole family. Obviously something is jacked with bumcare
Sure, but Obama fucked that up for us.

After the deductible is everything covered 100%?

100%

Mine is also.  I was talking to someone awhile ago who's work offered a high deductible plan but after they hit that it then went to the 80/20% for a few thousand more $$$.  

It really doesn't look like my next years insurance changes hardly any from this past year which is a relief for me.  

Damn, i'm. $230/Month for 80/20, 2500 deductible.

Guess I will find out tonight at work how bad I am getting fucked again for health care!

Guess I will find out tonight at work how bad I am getting fucked again for health care!

Sorry, Neil, we're going to have to cut your hours back to 29/week.

Sorry, Neil, we're going to have to cut your hours back to 29/week.

I like that currently 48 one week and 36 the next.

If my daughter was grown I would not carry the shit!

Based on income between the wife and I, it may make sense to have here carry it. Not sure why healthcare had to get so fucked up buy this wonderful government!

Holy crap, Bill Nye tore his quad on Dancing With the Stars? Hardcore.

I have had shit for insurance for the last few years, but I am up for being added to the new shop in 2 weeks. My Cobra, that I have carried on myself since I left the dealership in February has cost me $400 a month for what is essentially catastrophic coverage.. Nobody will touch me since my cancer, but I am outside of the 5 years next November and will be clear from the high risk, but thanks to Obamacare my premiums will still climb if I were to go independent.

I have carried better insurance for my wife and last at home son with BC/BS. Over the past 2 years the rates have doubled for the 2 of them to $480. Their coverage will be jacked to nearly $1000. Their deductible of $1500 and 80/20 to $3000 per person or $5000 for the family will now jump to a $6500 and the girl could not tell us the max out of pocket, or percentages... seriously? So not only have the rates more than doubled, but our deductible has blown up over 300%.

Fortunately my current employer will cover me 100%, but I pay ~$600 for the family. My deductible is $1500 and my family deductible is $3000.

Affordable my fucking ass. Lick my balls Obama, and I hope I didn't wipe my ass well when you do.

It's affordable for people who don't have insurance. Just like their free phones. Pretty soon we'll all be jobless, then who will they tax?

Are you pretty much stuck with FoodSaver if you want to vacuum pack at home? My google-fu seems to be lacking today

How??? It is the best plan I have ever seen because of retirement possibilities....

I have transitional TRICARE for now so no deductible. I'll have that for another few months. Medical care for everything but dental is covered at the VA but ER visits I am SOL. My work insurance is shit, so I am waiting to get off the temp contract and on full force with the company and then I'll look into their insurance.

J

It's affordable for people who don't have insurance. Just like their free phones. Pretty soon we'll all be jobless, then who will they tax?

Seriously, if you think about it for my family if we were to remain covered like we are we could roughly figure ~$16-1800 a month for health insurance. that is $19-21,000 a year for health insurance. Prior to Obamacare we were paying about $400 a month, or $4800 annually. Many people don't even make $21,000 a year, and I bet for most people on here that is 25% or more of their total household income. We do pretty well, but that is still close to 15% of our total income (excluding investments)... and no, we are not even close to qualifying for any subsidies.

How??? It is the best plan I have ever seen because of retirement possibilities....
Alternative Minimum Tax

First day in the new store. Big meeting with some national guys ing back....

Closed every deal and earned enough that I beat the snot out of budget for the day.

Edited by dem beats

Closed every deal and earned enough that I beat the snot out of budget for the day.

Sounds like a good first day!

I don't understand how AMT affects pretax deductions. Perhaps you are in such a stratospheric bracket it's past what I understand but the 2 surgeon family I helped out would see a benefit from it.

Not because it lowers your gross taxable persey, but it does allow you to pay and save a significant part of your income for future medical costs. Such as COBRA, private plans and other medical needs.

I.E. IF you were to spend some time off work where coverage wouldn't follow, you could use the money in the HSA to pay for those costs. You can also use it in retirement to pay for costs that are not Medicare co

woot.gif

Where'd they move you now?

I don't understand how AMT affects pretax deductions. Perhaps you are in such a stratospheric bracket it's past what I understand but the 2 surgeon family I helped out would see a benefit from it.

Not because it lowers your gross taxable persey, but it does allow you to pay and save a significant part of your income for future medical costs. Such as COBRA, private plans and other medical needs.

I.E. IF you were to spend some time off work where coverage wouldn't follow, you could use the money in the HSA to pay for those costs. You can also use it in retirement to pay for costs that are not Medicare co

AMT changes ALL deductions, ie I can't deduct shit.

My insurance is post tax so I can deduct it. However as of last year my medical had to be 10% of my income for it to be deductible. I am being told it is 15 % this year.

So I restructure my company so I only get a salery of $1,000 a month and bam I'm over the 15% bullshit formula. If the big multibillion dollar companies do it. I sure the hell will too.

I have shitloads of deductions every year I don't deduct thanks to the fucknuts in washington