Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Chop and family donated this candle holder to spookhaven and I wanted to show you all what it looks like.

DSC02049.jpg

Me crazy ;)

Congrats Steve!!!!

Neal, I'm jelly of the Egg and the Haunt.  Wish I could visit!

Sean, I'm sorry you can't find any reasonably priced dick, although it seems we have a few members whom are willing to give you a free or reduced rate ride.

Ryan if you ever get close let me know, you will get to see the haunt and we can cook some good food, then enjoy some drinks of your choice. :)

Debt to income only counts "credit" accounts right? Not insurance utilities and daycare stuff correct?

Yeah debt like credit cards, student loans, car loans, mortgages, property taxes anything that is a recurring debt payment. Not utilities or daycare.

Fair amount of available credit in case of emergency, but no balances

That is important, but I boosted my fico ~50 points by using and fully paying off cards that I hadn't used in months. The reporting agencies saw them as "closed or unused" until there was activity which was hurting my score. Obviously don't close any accounts or make any other large purchases.

Income gross or net? Shouldn't matter but just curious.

Gross

In reality, net would be better but they will never figure that one out. Instead they pick a whacky number.

The actual percentage I have seen float either direction a few percent, but figure on the ugly side and no troubles.

And again my date flaked out. I'm actually starting to get used to this. So instead of going to the date I went for a ride, topless, to the uni for a lecture smile.png

Track day bro!

Track day bro!

Actually, I'm planning a trip to Hungaroring next summer. Real track day bro ! 

Supposedly she flaked out because she caught a cold, so maybe vajay-jay dayis next? 

Ryan, The Chive is at 361k for Melissa.

Am I being unreasonable to expect my company to make me an offer 90 days after hire from a temp agency? In that time I have taken two 'promotions' or as they are considered secondary duties (originally a mentor (a first stop for questions) then a section lead ('responsible' for 5 people and now second stop for questions and first stop for mentors), no weeks with less than acceptable (most weeks stellar) quality or quanity of work production, and consistantly showing a desire to advance and improve on my skills and what my people produce.

I want to advance to a higher position but currently all 'management' roles are filled for both day and night shifts as the contract allows.

What is a reasonable time to stay going thru the temp agency before hunting for work elsewhere? The job is more detail oriented, with more mental and emotional stress than the ad and contract indicated, and honestly with the commute the 18 an hour seems rather low.

J

Am I being unreasonable to expect my company to make me an offer 90 days after hire from a temp agency? In that time I have taken two 'promotions' or as they are considered secondary duties (originally a mentor (a first stop for questions) then a section lead ('responsible' for 5 people and now second stop for questions and first stop for mentors), no weeks with less than acceptable (most weeks stellar) quality or quanity of work production, and consistantly showing a desire to advance and improve on my skills and what my people produce.

I want to advance to a higher position but currently all 'management' roles are filled for both day and night shifts as the contract allows.

What is a reasonable time to stay going thru the temp agency before hunting for work elsewhere? The job is more detail oriented, with more mental and emotional stress than the ad and contract indicated, and honestly with the commute the 18 an hour seems rather low.

J

Sadly you could work for years before being hired. If the money is good, and the job OK, I would stick it out. It sounds to me like you are doing well, and that will help in being hired. My wife has done temp to perm work and it took one company a year before they hired her.

Debt to income only counts "credit" accounts right? Not insurance utilities and daycare stuff correct?

Yeah debt like credit cards, student loans, car loans, mortgages, property taxes anything that is a recurring debt payment. Not utilities or daycare.

I think we should be good then. We've managed to keep our debt pretty low aside from necessary things like cars and a house. I use my credit card here and there but pay it off within a month or so. I recently used it to buy my new grill and temp controller. My wife uses hers to get gas then pays it off with her mileage reimbursement checks. So they do get used but rarely have a balance. Also, we refinanced our house like 18 months ago and have a great loan to value rate. Right about 70%.

J

Have you asked?

J

If you are the ideal person to hire for any full time position then they would rather hire you then continue to go through the temp service. They probably have some sort of agreement or length of time that they must go through the temp service before they can officially hire. You just need to ask and be vocal about making the transition and try to find out what needs to be done. The temp service is making money off you working also.

And again, you NEVER get anything you don't ask for. Curious if you've asked.

Boss ordered a 14 stingray last night. Targa top, metallic grey paint, tan color leather. 6-8 weeks for delivery.

Boss ordered a 14 stingray last night. Targa top, metallic grey paint, tan color leather. 6-8 weeks for delivery.

6-8 weeks!

Good lord!

Oh Sony, you and your proprietary memory cards

The looks of the stingray are growing on me. I just like the fact that my stock station wagon can produce the same times. :) But I'm sure just like any other Magazine tested car the numbers are fairly conservative and actual owners will be dipping into the 11's with good drivers and good air.  There is a new Stingray that has been to our local cars and coffee every week. Some GM executive. They look better in person I think.

This was Motor trend testing

Without exploiting launch control, which is handy but beatable, we
clocked a best sprint to 60 mph of 3.9 seconds and 12.2 seconds at 117
mph in the quarter-mile. In case you’ve fallen behind on your
stat-keeping, this is elite territory: about the same as the outgoing Corvette 427 convertible, a few tenths quicker than the Grand Sport, and faster than any Porsche Boxster or Cayman we’ve tested.