Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Watching House Hunters on HGTV. Homes in Houston TX are rediculously expensive! A house for $300K in Houston would go for $120K TOPS where I live. I think I'm happy right where I'm at!

I used to golf. Moving to Chicago out of college screwed me up as I stopped fishing and chose another pursuit. When I moved back I picked up a fishing rod and haven't hardly bothered to swing a club since. Only do it when it could potentially help business.

Exactly why I want to try it. And on the slim chance I like it.
Exactly why now I am like Neal. Driven a few carts for my friends in the past years, but don't pick up the clubs. I don't need another summer bug.
fishing is WAY better than golf. So much more excitement!

Maybe I will give it a shot.

Is it worth it to find good deals on nice clubs or just buy a cheep set? I don't really care too much about initial investment, as long as I can sell what I have if I hate it.

I used to love driving ranges but I was horrible. I just went to swing a stick.

why buy new when used will do

Absolutely. Just wondering if clubs make for nuance that is subtle and a set of $300 lowballed cheepos will do, or if sniping great deals and building a set of 1000 bucks in clubs would make that game more enjoyable.

If you have a couple friends that play try out what they got first. if they spend money like most golfers do they probably have a extra set sitting around as well. only real differences in clubs that I've noticed are shaft material for irons and various putter designs. personally, I like metal shafts for my irons. 

Edited by lithium

golf is definitely a fall sport, very nice time of year here in PA. Strangely enough, I've always had more fun walking rather than riding a cart. 

Driving gold balls and smoking cigarsmin Iraq helped me make alot of connections to get what I needed or wanted while deployed.

Yes my last tour had a shit ton of perks, but some real shitty points too.

J

Am I being unreasonable to expect my company to make me an offer 90 days after hire from a temp agency? In that time I have taken two 'promotions' or as they are considered secondary duties (originally a mentor (a first stop for questions) then a section lead ('responsible' for 5 people and now second stop for questions and first stop for mentors), no weeks with less than acceptable (most weeks stellar) quality or quanity of work production, and consistantly showing a desire to advance and improve on my skills and what my people produce.I want to advance to a higher position but currently all 'management' roles are filled for both day and night shifts as the contract allows.What is a reasonable time to stay going thru the temp agency before hunting for work elsewhere? The job is more detail oriented, with more mental and emotional stress than the ad and contract indicated, and honestly with the commute the 18 an hour seems rather low.J

Have you asked?

Yes I have, numerous times too. Currently it's just a matter of our HR department dragging their feet.

Oddly enough an option came up for us to get promoted to QA and Team Lead aka shift manager, so I am tailoring my resume for both this weekend to turn in as soon as I get in to work on Monday.

I have already spoken to my current TL and he thinks as long as my resume is tailored well I stand a damn good chance, and numerous people have been encouraging me to throw my hat into the ring. The higher ups have also asked us recently while in a meeting what we want. I told the project manager that I want his job, and he seemed a bit impressed with that, so we shall see how it goes. I'll know by Friday.

J

Fuck I cannot stay asleep at night, this is killing me.

Maybe I will give it a shot.

Is it worth it to find good deals on nice clubs or just buy a cheep set? I don't really care too much about initial investment, as long as I can sell what I have if I hate it.

I used to love driving ranges but I was horrible. I just went to swing a stick.

Buy a set of used clubs or look for a nice deal at a local place.  I wouldn't spend more than $200 for beginning.  If you are left handed, it will be a bit more expensive.

Great tips guys.

I think my buddy would let me swing his set around for a round or 2

I havent touched my clubs in 2 years. I may just sell them and realize I just dont have time to play golf. All my stuff is like brand new since I maybe have 10 rounds on them

Callaway Bag

Callaway X20 Irons

Ping Raptor driver

Adams Tight Lies woods

Ping Hybrid

Ping 2 ball putter

Watching House Hunters on HGTV. Homes in Houston TX are rediculously expensive! A house for $300K in Houston would go for $120K TOPS where I live. I think I'm happy right where I'm at!

Must have been the area. Texas pretty much has the cheapest cost of living. What's crazy to me is people buying one bedroom places in Boston for 850k

I havent touched my clubs in 2 years. I may just sell them and realize I just dont have time to play golf. All my stuff is like brand new since I maybe have 10 rounds on them

Callaway Bag

Callaway X20 Irons

Ping Raptor driver

Adams Tight Lies woods

Ping Hybrid

Ping 2 ball putter

$150 SSA buddy special? Edited by dem beats

Do I have to worry about size of clubs?

Edited by dem beats

Must have been the area. Texas pretty much has the cheapest cost of living. What's crazy to me is people buying one bedroom places in Boston for 850k
One bedroom place on our bay sold for $900k with only 40' of lake front and a 100' deep lot. ie, you can't build on it...

And it was a dump.

No. Mine are barely longer than normal.

You will adjust to them.  Unless you are over 7',you should be fine.

And fuck arthritis. I want to cut my thumb off.

Wait until after 9 holes.

I think I'm going to sell the Lincoln.  Seriously. . . .  Parts are scarce and expensive for a low production 20-year-old car.

If they are scarce parting it out may be the ticket.

They are so nice, what else are you going to drive?

It's too clean and rust free.  NO way am I parting it.  I'll sell it to an enthusiast. 

Seriously, I am thinking of buying another Camry.  Cheap, plentiful, reliable, and predictable.  

Leaves me plenty of room to buy a bike and another toy.  I'm actually contemplating buying my Father's Mustang.