Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I seriously hate looking for a job, been in California for about a month now, 3 interviews and a fourth one next week... Still no luck yet.

California blows donkey dick. Think the US would be better if it was swallowed by the ocean
Completely agree!
I'm loving the area my wife and I moved to. Beautiful, great weather 65-70 everyday. Weekly huge farmers market with all the local produce, best strawberries, grapes, artichokes, etc all produced about 10 mi away.

But seemingly hard to find a job or I'm trying hard enough. I wish I was able to do something with aircrafts but my options are fairly limited to one air port here.

Got rear ended today, the other car's front end smashed to shit, rear of Volvo paint scratched. Probably going to have shop check the frame to be safe though.

What about costs though?

Military pays for rent and food gas prices are expensive but dropping down.

Stuff is more expensive out here although.

Got rear ended today, the other car's front end smashed to shit, rear of Volvo paint scratched. Probably going to have shop check the frame to be safe though.

Hopefully nobody got hurt. 

glad nobody got hurt. When the truck got totaled it made me cry.

Only thing that's weird is now my AC doesn't work, so the impact must have messed something up. Hopefully the insurance company covers that.

so who purchased the ps4?

I'm thinking about it, but I know I'll only use the thing once or twice a year. :lol:

I'm thinking about it, but I know I'll only use the thing once or twice a year. :lol:

I want to buy one, but I know it will sit. Maybe when there is a bigger game library and I can just sit on it. And play for a few days.

Good thing you and the car are alright. Sucks when people don't watch what the hell their doing!

I seriously hate looking for a job, been in California for about a month now, 3 interviews and a fourth one next week... Still no luck yet.

California blows donkey dick. Think the US would be better if it was swallowed by the ocean
Completely agree!
I'm loving the area my wife and I moved to. Beautiful, great weather 65-70 everyday. Weekly huge farmers market with all the local produce, best strawberries, grapes, artichokes, etc all produced about 10 mi away.

But seemingly hard to find a job or I'm trying hard enough. I wish I was able to do something with aircrafts but my options are fairly limited to one air port here.

That airport is teeny too.  Flown out of it a couple times.

Everyone in Cali claims the weather is great and then does nothing in it.  Locals anyway.  Then it is full of Californians too.  I am SUPER glad I didn't just come back from asia and land in Cali, I'd puke.  The midwest is bad enough compared to Singapore/Japan, but it is MILES and MILES ahead of CA.

Oh, back in MN btw.  SO good to see the boys.  Tired as shit and going to a wine tasting tonight. :)

Oh, and Julian we have farmer's markets everyday if within 10mi is acceptable.  Within 5mi it is only twice a week and within 2mi just once, but hey, fresh shit is good.

Of course, the neighboring coop has better produce than the farmers market in OC.

Went to farmer's markets in Singapore, China, & Malaysia in the past two weeks.  Some of the best people watching in the world is always at markets.

Oh, and Julian we have farmer's markets everyday if within 10mi is acceptable. Within 5mi it is only twice a week and within 2mi just once, but hey, fresh shit is good.

In the winter we do?

Went to farmer's markets in Singapore, China, & Malaysia in the past two weeks. Some of the best people watching in the world is always at markets.

You couldn't stop me from taking pictures. I would spend dozens of hours filling up cards.

Stefan, speaking of pictures, I found the most amazing article arguing about why people should use JPEG not RAW. It's an older article and I'm not sure all of it is true but some of the pragmatic perspectives were awesome. I'll post it when I get a chance.

Just hopped on for a second to rest the feet. Making a rib roast, and reorganizing the refrigerator.

:-)

I'm thinking about it, but I know I'll only use the thing once or twice a year. laugh.png

I want to buy one, but I know it will sit. Maybe when there is a bigger game library and I can just sit on it. And play for a few days.

I'd probably only play battlefield. I wonder if the new BF4 really takes advantage of the new console or not. I don't know how/if it relates to the PS4 but I saw a trailer about the new game engine they designed for BF4 on the PC, and it looks awesome. It made me start looking into building a gaming pc but that's an even bigger waste of money than getting a ps4 lol.

Stefan, speaking of pictures, I found the most amazing article arguing about why people should use JPEG not RAW. It's an older article and I'm not sure all of it is true but some of the pragmatic perspectives were awesome. I'll post it when I get a chance.

Just hopped on for a second to rest the feet. Making a rib roast, and reorganizing the refrigerator.

:-)

RAW makes sense to me when you're not taking a lot of photos, but once you have a lot than I doubt the user is going to edit each and every one and then convert it to jpg/whatever for end viewing.

IE: If I'm shooting like five photos than I shoot in tiff (sometimes raw), but if I'm traveling or doing something where I take 50, 100, etc photos then I'm not going to go home and edit everyone so raw makes no sense. Plus I can still edit tiff or even jpg enough for what I need without trashing the photo.

If I had something important to shoot where I didn't get any second chances then perhaps I'd use raw just to cover my ass (because I'm by no means a photographer), but everything I've taken shots of I've been able to dial in the settings on the camera and have it come out well enough. So if someone was still learning their way around photography and taking photos that were important (which that alone is somewhat scary) than I could see raw making more sense, or perhaps if the environment isn't well lit than the raw would be more forgiving.

At least that's my view. What ever works for people, works for people. :P

tumblr_mvu5cfnxkF1qdqlnso1_1280.png

tumblr_mvhew9CCs61qij4o1o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mreb26fNQc1qa1m48o1_500.jpg

NOOOIIICCCEEE!!!!

Father in law is on town for the night. Asked me to grab some scotch/whiskey on the way home. I've never had scotch before but I am a fan of whiskey. He told me to grab Buchanan's master. Anybody else drink this stuff or should scotch not be blended like this?