Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I am very open to AWD cars that can tow 3k lbs though too....just can't seem to find any.

Cadillac needs to hurry up and release an XTS-V

Everyone in my neighborhood has bought QX56's lately. Drove one of those too. WTF? I think the Escalade is nicer.

Who's got their panties in a bunch and keeps neg'ing posts? 

Spammers and one kid.

Not that a rental says anything about reliability, or that an awesome rental is a rave review.

smile.png

mamoru-tehe.gif

Subaru does nearly no testing. If it is anything new from them run like help. Trial by customer use is their moto

Ugh what?  I hope Mazda does some.

I want passion, prestige, performance, for under $30 with some semblance of reliability or at least not liable to cost me a life savings.

Looks to be near impossible

Speed6?

Who's got their panties in a bunch and keeps neg'ing posts? 

Spammers and one kid.

Damn kids with 18" subs anyhow!

I want passion, prestige, performance, for under $30 with some semblance of reliability or at least not liable to cost me a life savings.

Speed6?
You left out prestige and passion

Problem with Mazda in general is FWD.

That and the rotary cars are too fucking small for Matt or I.

Speed6?

You left out prestige and passion

It's Speed Yo!

Problem with Mazda in general is FWD.

That and the rotary cars are too fucking small for Matt or I.

Import and engine swap in the 20B. ;)

Funny thing is, what I really want is my Galaxy back but updated enough so that I can drive it daily.

My luck has been shit lately.

Got a 88 in a 55 ticket two weeks ago, then last week got a 60 in a 45, no seatbelt, no registration and had to pass a sobriety test after having several beers at Olive Garden. Damn........................   Just thinking of that 4 hour on line driving class I have to take now

Big, 2dr, super comfy, car. I don't need any electronic gadgets outside of a tablet. Standard gauges and mechanical a/c controls are fine.

Now making it safe, quiet, and awd would be the real trick. Not so sure the wife would be keen on having my normal kiddie cruiser be that unsafe for the passengers.

Got a 88 in a 55 ticket two weeks ago, then last week got a 60 in a 45, no seatbelt, no registration and had to pass a sobriety test after having several beers at Olive Garden. Damn........................   Just thinking of that 4 hour on line driving class I have to take now

First mistake was going into an Olive Garden

Might single-handedly be the worst food on the planet.

I'd rather eat stir fried beef intestines on some random street in china

First mistake was going into an Olive Garden

Agreed, I do not like the place at all, my wife and family love it. My meal sucked too.....

Also got a ticket for the limo tint. 

At this point, there seems to be almost no options out there that I could be comfortable with that would be reliable on a daily basis with a heavy heavy dose of performance that is offered in a manual and AWD/RWD, which is not overladen with intrusive electronic ninnies, cheapo crap interior, while having some semblance of utility.  

With it as cold as it is out here the car is an animal. lmao..... My DA app says -1700ft below sea level

Rolling in 3rd gear at 60 and mash it equals massive wheel spin and corrective steering, hahaha

At this point, there seems to be almost no options out there that I could be comfortable with that would be reliable on a daily basis with a heavy heavy dose of performance that is offered in a manual and AWD/RWD, which is not overladen with intrusive electronic ninnies, cheapo crap interior, while having some semblance of utility.  

A used Turbo Cayenne would fit that bill, be had for 30k and be reliable for years. My friend has had 3 of them and never an issue with any of them.

There are a ton if you don't add the word reasonably priced. Ok, the manual portion is a stretch but really once you break into the serious performance realm the new 8spd auto's work out better anyway.

Certified AMG worked out for me...but doing that to a newer one is ultra cost prohibitive making me way the gamble of non-warrantied which is making me run away.