Sign in to follow this  
Truconcept

$450 amp budget, which way would you go?

$450 amp budget, which way would you go?

I could stretch to $500 w/shipping but that's it for now

Im running (2) digital designs 2512c and they are laughing

at my (2) brz1200 @1ohm ea

3 yellow top optima, 220amp alt

I'm not a SQ critic so it doesn't have to be Rockford, ect.

I want power over quality since I'm only spending so much this time around

Thanks and any input is appreciated

Great amp ^^^

looks good except my subs are d2 so 1ohm is not happening   :(

@2ohm that crescendo does 1100, cant be much better than 2 brz1200

so many expensive amps @ ssa store

Flatline FL-1 would be better than those Hifonics.

Edit: @ 0.5 on good electrical.

Edited by sweendog

Ohh didn't realize that. It's going to be hard to get something with more power than those at 2 ohms and also be under 500.

What's the rms rated for those subs? What's the box like? It's way easier to make your system louder by making a better box or trying different things with box than to add more power. It's also much cheaper.

Edit: Those BRZ amps aren't that bad. I just hooked up my stepbro's kicker cvrs to the BRZ1200 yesterday.

Edited by Bassink

I know they aren't bad but they aren't top notch that's for sure.

I know they aren't bad but they aren't top notch that's for sure.

Your right, but he shouldn't have the system running at .5 ohms.

You can run a bc2000d down to .5 ohms with good electrical.

Your right, but he shouldn't have the system running at .5 ohms.

Says who?

I should of said daily. It's really unnessary to run a daily system at .5 ohms. Running an amp at .5 ohms increases the current flow by a ton. It creates a lot of heat and can fry a system. It allows for more clipping, because it has more of an increase in voltage drop, IF electrical isn't adequate. You really don't get much more rms if you run an amp at .5 ohms compared to 1 ohm. It won't make a difference in output either.

You can run an amp at .5 ohms, but there are people that don't recommend it for daily. I don't.

^^ All good points. I know a few people that run under 1 ohm daily no problem but there are definitely things to consider before doing it.

Yea a lot of things to consider. I mean if you have the amp in a well ventilated area and have very strong electrical than you could run it at .5 ohms. I just don't see the extra gain in it though. ALso i'm not sure if OP has the knowledge to run the amp below 1 ohm.

I beleive you can buy a warranty to run the bc2000d at .5 ohms.

I know before you could. I'm pretty sure you could. I think it's an extra $75 or something like that.

.5ohm  no thanks.

im looking into hifonics colossus 3200watts bridged

but I'm not sure if theres something out there similar thats better

Edit:  3200 bridged 2ohm

Edited by Truconcept

I've heard those are actually pretty good amps.

Crescendo BC2K strapped at 2 ohms should give you a solid 4K+. Search around the classifieds man. You wil not regret it.

I have been running all my daily drivers using oldschool mmats .5 ohm stable amps for 10+ years using MMATS with .5 ohm loads in all of my vehicles and have never ruined a subwoofer or amplifier. The old school MMATS amps don't have a fan cause the whole amplifier is a heatsink. The old school mmats amps are an installers dream cause they are so small. If you can pick up a old school. 5 ohm MMATS amp I highly recommend it! The old school MMATS amps have less then 1% total hermonic distortion plus noise even at 1/2 Ohm! They run extremely cool and are proven to be one of the most reliable amps ever made.

Edited by SPL??

All amps chassis are heatsinks. And your sub's xmax is rated at 20% THD so the 1% amp rating is worthless.

Crescendo BC2K strapped at 2 ohms should give you a solid 4K+. Search around the classifieds man. You wil not regret it.

He wouldn't have enough money. He only has 500 total for budget.

I'd still say mess with the box first. What is your current box like right now?

I noticed HUGE gains just by rotating my box 90 degrees in my trunk. Crazy how much not only box design but placement makes a difference. And the best part...tweaking box placement is FREE

I told you man lol I bet you can get even more gain by doing something else too!!

I would say mess with the box first. Trying to improve what you already have. How are you even certain that power is the problem here? Have you measured anything? Have you done any testing? I have a feeling that you think you need more power when you have failed to maximaze what you already have. That is a major problem now a days. So quick to give up and say, oh needs more power. To add more power is fine, but with the power you already are running, you won't notice a difference of a few hundred watts. I would for sure try some testings and a few things first, before you throw in the towel and decide you need more power.