1two3

Help me get hair tricks

so my ultimate goal is to get hair tricks. after that im good. i tried with my current set up (15"xcon sealed in 3 cubes) and i can get a tiiiinnnyyy bit of movement with the window almost comepletly closed. sad i know. im wondering what i need to do to get a half decent hair trick. what i have in mind is to get another 15 and do a wall behind my rear seats. maaaaaaayyyybbeee 18's. i know the bigger the better but since i already have one, might as well add rather than start over. so yea, i wanna build a wall with 2 15's both subs and port above back rests (will be keeping seats in and up not folded down). i already have 1 t1000 amp. with that and another 15 would that be enough? i was also thinking about selling the t1000 and getting 1 t2500. let me know what u guys think

2 18s if you can fit them.

my trunk can fit 18 cubes total minus subs, wood ect...

how do u think it would do just on the t1000 and 2 15's?

how do you suggest getting the box into the car? or will you be walling it off in the ski pass and aiming forward? 

how do you suggest getting the box into the car? or will you be walling it off in the ski pass and aiming forward?

not sure what u mean by ski pass but its a hatch back/suv (2000 honda cr-v) ill get the box through the trunk/gate/whatever. most likely sealed off and port and subs facing forward

Edited by 1two3

i saw trunk so i assumed it was a sedan.. 

Edited by lithium

my trunk can fit 18 cubes total minus subs, wood ect...

how do u think it would do just on the t1000 and 2 15's?

Wasn't sure how to name that are other than to say trunk.

What amp/s should I use. Will the 1 or 2 t100's be good enuff? I'm guessing u guys are gonna say more power and more cone area but I don't wanna go too crazy as I don't wanna spend too too much

What amp/s should I use. Will the 1 or 2 t100's be good enuff? I'm guessing u guys are gonna say more power and more cone area but I don't wanna go too crazy as I don't wanna spend too too much

2 15's walled on 2 T1000 should get decent hair movement, but the install will determine that.

2 15's walled on 2 T1000 should get decent hair movement, but the install will determine that.

What could I do to the install to get the most out of it?

8 cu/ft box (after port/woofer displacement) tuned at 28-30hz should move some air.

odd goal .. infact i have not seen anything about music in this topic... do you play to just drive around doing hair tricks or would you like to listen to your stereo too ?

the reason i ask is like i said. you seem to have a goal of only hair tricking, and your about to tune so low it will be tricky finding music that will play well  unless you only listen to custom made music.

odd goal .. infact i have not seen anything about music in this topic... do you play to just drive around doing hair tricks or would you like to listen to your stereo too ?

the reason i ask is like i said. you seem to have a goal of only hair tricking, and your about to tune so low it will be tricky finding music that will play well unless you only listen to custom made music.

Well this is going to be sort of a long term project. Right now my electrical would not be able to support another amp anyways. I'm gonna need probably 2 batteries and probably an HO alt.

Unless I get an external ssf I'm stuck at 28hz so I'm stuck around 30hz for tuning anyways.

I Probably should of mentioned before that this is also going to be a daily driver. I don't see my self listening to it full blast all the time or going for numbers on the meeter but anything can happen.

I would however like for it to be musical. I listen to just about all kinds of music. Probably at a reasonable volume. So there may be a conflict with tuning...I have never had a ported box so I'm not sure about frequencies.

I started this thread to see how much getting these hair tricks would end up costing me. If I have to seriously break the bank then maybe I'll just throw in the towel. Just want to get a good idea of what i may be getting myself into.

What could I do to the install to get the most out of it?

Every vehicle is different with acoustics and such.  What works for someone may not work for you.  For example: the port behind the driver or centered could make a giant difference. 

Heres my small hair trick, 2 15" Icons on a Crescendo BC2000D, I have a 250Amp SInger alt, 2 XS Power Agm batteries (D2700 and XP3000), box is 7.2 cubic feet after all displacements tuned to 32hz. It is in a crew cab dakota so obviously it would be harder for you in an       Crv so tuned a bit lower (30hz) with the Xcons on same power might be enough but 18" Xcons would sure help.

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/topic/58950-codesters-2-15-icons-in-dakota-doing-small-hairtrick/

odd goal ..

and by odd you mean dumb?

Seriously. You are building a stereo to move hair?

I see in your later posts you finally reference music. What if that detracts from moving hair? How do you choose your compromise?

1be0db96-3431-46d3-83bb-028860b6285e_300

17 $ at home depot. guaranteed  to move hair

Lmao Quit playin

This exact thread is about how to get hair tricks. I started this to get an idea of what it would take to get one. And let's all be honest hair tricks are freaking sweet! And yes I really wanna be able to do one.

My entire build is not devoted to just hair tricks. I'm too used to my current set up, and I wanna go louder. And when I do get louder....I want to do hair tricks

2 18s might be a tight fit and not having it in a good box will not get you the hair trick you want. The 15s would be better if you can get them in a bigger box and can tune lowwww like 28 hz.

Your walling it off right? I think that's what you said. Well if you are you have to seal off behind the box.

his exact thread is about how to get hair tricks. I started this to get an idea of what it would take to get one. And let's all be honest hair tricks are freaking sweet! And yes I really wanna be able to do one.

err, some of us aren't that juvenile. I could give a rats ass about the stupid thing called a "trick".

I asked a serious question.

i personally never build a stereo for a purpose other then to please me for listing pleasure... if it so happens to put up great number or do hair tricks the so be it..

but the number 1 goal should always be to please you and your ears,. some get off with SQ some get off with pure bass, me personal it has to be loud low nasty and clear.  i give 0 fucks how loud it is outside of if it hair tricks or rattles for the hood

i will add. a wall and as much cone as you can get will better your odds of  obtaining your goal.. but once again tuning low like 28 hz will dramatically reduce your selection of optimal music

2 18s might be a tight fit and not having it in a good box will not get you the hair trick you want. The 15s would be better if you can get them in a bigger box and can tune lowwww like 28 hz.

Your walling it off right? I think that's what you said. Well if you are you have to seal off behind the box.

Yea I wanna do a wall. Why would I want to seal off the back of the box? I thought u do seal it of in the front. If both subs and port are facing forward what difference would it make if its sealed off behind too?

i personally never build a stereo for a purpose other then to please me for listing pleasure... if it so happens to put up great number or do hair tricks the so be it..

but the number 1 goal should always be to please you and your ears,. some get off with SQ some get off with pure bass, me personal it has to be loud low nasty and clear. i give 0 fucks how loud it is outside of if it hair tricks or rattles for the hood

i will add. a wall and as much cone as you can get will better your odds of obtaining your goal.. but once again tuning low like 28 hz will dramatically reduce your selection of optimal music

Appreciate the advice. I didn't realize how big of a difference a few hz would make. Cuz I know a lot of guys tune to 32-33

what im telling you is from my experience in trunk. i do trunk builds.. so it may vary with a wall or open cabin.

but i can tell you this, when i was tuned at 33~35 hz pretty much everything played pretty well ,  i could play pretty much all popular radio songs and it demoed well.

but once i tuned to 29 hz everything changed. pretty much have to play custom music, either DJSNT or decafe