SMpaintball78

Dodge srt4 MONSTER!!!

so this guy wants to trade me this care (dodge srt4) which is HIGHLY built and 10K for my powerstroke. he gave a me a little ride today.  We have had this car tore apart in his barn for weeks doing ARP studs and a turbo rebuild on it.  As of right now, it has.... ARP headstuds, 50trim turbo, 3" exhaust, engine mounts, built tranny, huge BOV, intake andMUCH more. this car is putting down around 425hp at the wheel... mid 12s car here.... heres a little video i made today as i shit myself haha we were doing 110mpg down my back country road and it was getting sketchy... (mind you we were doing 110mph IN 3RD GEAR!)

Sorry, the camera on my phones messed up!

It's a Neon. Who cares...

Honestly, doesn't matter how "quick" it is.

his car blue books for 9500 stock and has around 7k in aftermarket parts. plus he said hed give me 10k ontop of that.... its fast and gets decent gas mmileage so its got me thinkinnnn

Swift, you have owned a SRT vehicle. The SRT 4 is no joke, even stock they pull good numbers.

Depends on what is more important to you. Mileage or space? What year is your truck? The SRT4 neon hasn't been in production for awhile.

And they have horrible torque steer. If it doesn't have a giken in it Id ask for another 3 grand in cash.

my trucks a '05. the car is a '03. everything above the pistons is brand new.

04 plus had the LSD.

Swift, you have owned a SRT vehicle. The SRT 4 is no joke, even stock they pull good numbers.

The motor in a SRT10 is worth as much as that whole car. it's alittle different. When I was heavy in the local race scene I new a few guys with them and as soon as they got fast they start breaking. This is just my opinion though. At the end of the day it's all about what makes you happy. Just don't get confused about what it is just because its fast.

The motor in a SRT10 is worth as much as that whole car. it's alittle different. When I was heavy in the local race scene I new a few guys with them and as soon as they got fast they start breaking. This is just my opinion though. At the end of the day it's all about what makes you happy. Just don't get confused about what it is just because its fast.

yeah true..i mean it is a dodge ehh.gif  hahahahaha couldnt resist.  my thing is my truck is costing me soo much $$. just driving the damn thing to work and back for 5 days is $130 lol. idk it was just a thought that he ran by me. Thenthe 10k hits me lol thats alotta cake!

Money for money you would come out ahead if that car is running good and the parts are legit. If the car starts breaking parts you will have made a bad trade. Your truck is probably worth 18k (maybe)

Edited by swift

my truck bluebooks for $19750 stock right now. it has around 4k in aftermarket s**t which i know i wont get hardly any of it back but ya. i think i could probably get around 18-19k outta it

more pics

IMAG0656_zps80630535.jpg

IMAG0655_zpsb55d13ce.jpg

IMAG0607_zps87962fee.jpg

Little dirty but u get the point!

IMAG0580_zpsfe15c123.jpg

Modifications NEVER add to the value of a car, no matter what a person says.  Ask a loan officer or vehicle appraiser.  The Neon has shitty resale value even being an SRT4.  Your truck will ALWAYS be worth more money.  Even with the added cash, it doesn't make sense unless you want to flip the car.

I vote no, the Neon may be fast, but it is a poorly built car and the quality is lower then your truck.  I never want to touch a car that someone else has done serious engine modifications to it.  It is almost a certainty that there will be costly issues.

I wonder why he wants to get rid of the car so quickly after building it up? 

Modifications NEVER add to the value of a car, no matter what a person says.  Ask a loan officer or vehicle appraiser.  The Neon has shitty resale value even being an SRT4.  Your truck will ALWAYS be worth more money.  Even with the added cash, it doesn't make sense unless you want to flip the car.

This is exactly what I was going to say. I dont see the value honestly. you can do better ;)

Do the math:

Your truck value $17500

Cash $10000

Neon Price $7500

Street value of 2003 Neon is: $4500

That and you are buying someone else's mistake.

I have an SRT4, I like it, but they do cost a pretty penny to maintain.