CBFryman

Amanda's System

Yeah but i seem to have misplaced my camera....ill look for it tomarrow.

Wicked one is almost finished and basically waiting for paint/baffles. These drivers are so beefy im going to have to put the baffles in with the drivers already mounted, good thing is once the enclosrue is bolted down there is no way in hell anyone will be able to steal the drivers without either stealing a 55lb enclosrue with it or completely tearing apart the enclosre.... and all for a pair of $55 drivers...ehhh not really worth it.

HU went in easy thanks to a sosche install kit. First time that ive used one and it went perfect w/o any hitches.

Wires are ran except for the power wire and i have the molds for the kick pods.

this is going to be one hell of a system i beleive.

Anybody think i should remove the rear speakers to vent the bass into the cabbin? she uses the back seat for friends/books/little brothers so keeping it folded down isnt really an option.

Also, best to have the opening facing rear with the box pushed all the way to the back of the trunk?

oh yeah. That $150 pioneer unit form Wally World is pretty nice. Even if i had to wait an hour for someone to come and open the damn case for me.

List of To-Do's:

Sand and paint Enclosure

Make Enclosure Lid

Mout baffles

Run Power Wire

Reenfoce and cut out shape of Pod Molds

Make Pods

Im trying a new pait for the enclosure. It's rim paint. Sapposed to be uber durable with no need for primer.

for the pods im using matching interior pant. With a texture im hoping to get a nice plended in look. I may paint the grills too, or just leave them black. They arent the bestl ooking but they are nice.

Find the damn camera you female dog...

;)

nG

:stupid:

;)

nG

:stupid::+1:

;)

nG

:stupid::+1:

:stupid::+1: X2

lol. Too much of a head ache running the power wire right now. Damn toyota and their cramming of everything agianst and around the firewall. Its getting dark. All ive had to eat today is some pop tarts, 2 burrito's and lots of moutian dew.... fudge it

lol. Too much of a head ache running the power wire right now. Damn toyota and their cramming of everything agianst and around the firewall. Its getting dark. All ive had to eat today is some pop tarts, 2 burrito's and lots of moutian dew.... fudge it

Toyota's are a piece of cake...

Try working on a 2002 Buick Century... then female dog... you pucker...

nG

Toyota's are a piece of cake...

Try working on a 2002 Buick Century... then female dog... you pucker...

nG

on any newer buick or chrysler....

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

coax's are going in friday, then we have 2hrs of driving to do in her car. And ill be doing most of the driving and im aiming them in favor of the driver instead of just at the dome light. Ive searched lightly but to no avail. I may jack my dads camera for finished pics.

Update on the paint:

This chit sucks. Dont use it. Stick with bed liner for uber durable paint. i primed and sanded the box and it still dries blotchy. May work great on fiebrglass or metal. Not for wood even though it says on the can it can be used on wood.

Im gonna go ahead and isntall the box that is ugly as death IMO and ill carpet it later. My carpeting skills are only mediocure so i dont know how well it will turn out.

OMG, Flakko, thoes speaks sound nice, first impressions. there are a few holes in the kick pods (for mouting and wire) that i havent plugged up yet...they still sound AWSOME.

Low Low Bass isnt very good, so dont expect this to be a "full range" but they blend GREAT with the assasin's in the WO. ill have a more through review later.

Speaking of the Wicked One...

Not So Wicked.

However the low low bass is sweet. Showing it was ment for home and not car.

Overall output is decent. Her tag and trunk move quite a bit. About as much as flakko's trunk in the "danceing Jesus" movie :lol: but the way people talked about it i figured it would kill a ported enclosure. Oh well. Im gonna throw a ported enclosure togather to spec and see which sounds better. Ether way, this setup is louder than many w6v2 12" set ups (though most where sealed) and for 155 shipped, that aint bad at all. That is less than an SE 12 direct from RE.

more updates latter, g2g get tipsy.

Great News, Found My Camera, Pics Tomarrow Evening. Pods arent painted yet but ill take pics of them anyway.

Heck yes, this system was a deal IMO. Thanks much for the hookup on the 6.5's. She likes them soooo...im happy. and now i have some bass in her car.

Im still amazed that the assasins are getting as loud as they are with only 55w. I cant wait to get her another componet amp then bridge that amp and give'em 220w.

yep, a whopping 55w. cant wait to get the sony installed for her and see how much they wang with 220w each. I thought it was 110w then i was like "wait, that is at 2ohm"

here are the unpaintedness

54a3fbc0.jpg

0cffec9b.jpg

and the ugly paintedness that will change soon.

Picture237.jpg

i took pics of the HU/Amp but the cam isnt showing them on the upload software so ill figure that out tomarrow.

You sure that box is to spec? Looks like the flare is a little shorter on the right side than the left.

it is by like 1/2" the pic makes it lookreally bad. you cant even tell in when you see it unless you know what you're looking for. It's because i used one angle cut for one side and another for hte other so one ended up being just a tad off. It changed the angle of the opening a whopping 2 degrees and the volume of onside just over 5 cuin difference....not gonna make that big of a difference.

the wicked one is very forgiving, so don't sweat that 1/2".

So what do you think of the WO ? :)

like i said, sofar, not everything it's made out to be. We will see how they do with 220w each soon :)