frogcase2002

2 12" zcons 4-6k trunk wall

Should have the box done inside the trunk tomorrow.

Should have the box done inside the trunk tomorrow.

Sweet, curious to see how it works out for ya.

I need to seal up the hole in my rear deck from my last build. Not sure how I'm going to do it yet though.

looking good!

Can't wait to see it finished!  Awesome build so far man.

Thanks man. Yea I cant wait either. I should have it done fri. Got to wait to get some spacers for my springs (I know its not the best but its going to have to do till I can afford an upgrade) cause there will be like 600+ lbs in there. And my last setup there was probably only like 300 in there and sat really low

You could rivet in a piece of metal to cover the hole on your rear deck. The spray some expanding foam around it to help keep it from rattling.

Did you look into air shocks for the rear? Could be a cheap temporary fix.

I'd do that. Run a bead of silicone between the deck and the piece of metal and rivit it in.

Going to be about 3.5 cubes each tuned around 30 :) cant wait. Only a couple days away

The back will be removable and able to slide up to different positions. and port will be removable from the inside so ill be able to try different tunings and sizes. Started doing that a few boxes back and cant build one for my self with doing it lol. Its pretty much like you can just try new enclosures anytime really easy

I bet it's killing you not having your bass haha. It's gonna be all worth it in the end! Can't wait to see some vids too. 30Hz? Youre gonna slam them looowwwss! I'm about to do a trunk build with some sa-12s tuned to about 28Hz, I love them lows haha.

EDIT:  Its gonna be the unltimate budget build with cardboard, duct tape and some 3M black matte cover to make it look pretty lol

Edited by grayta

I bet it's killing you not having your bass haha. It's gonna be all worth it in the end! Can't wait to see some vids too. 30Hz? Youre gonna slam them looowwwss! I'm about to do a trunk build with some sa-12s tuned to about 28Hz, I love them lows haha.

EDIT:  Its gonna be the unltimate budget build with cardboard, duct tape and some 3M black matte cover to make it look pretty lol

Lol. Yea I love the lows.. and my car doesn't gain much at all when I tune high so I just keep it low lol. . . I went from tuning low 30s to around 40 with a few builds and only gained like .3

Lol. Yea I love the lows.. and my car doesn't gain much at all when I tune high so I just keep it low lol. . . I went from tuning low 30s to around 40 with a few builds and only gained like .3

Same with my car.  I usually keep it around 32-34Hz and I can slam like 26 hz but this time I am going to try lower because the only music I have been listening to is Decafs low stuff.  I live in an apartment so I don't have anywhere to build a box so Davetheboxguy is hooking me up.  As soon as the box comes in I am starting my build.  Wish I had money for the zcons, super jealous haha

Same with my car.  I usually keep it around 32-34Hz and I can slam like 26 hz but this time I am going to try lower because the only music I have been listening to is Decafs low stuff.  I live in an apartment so I don't have anywhere to build a box so Davetheboxguy is hooking me up.  As soon as the box comes in I am starting my build.  Wish I had money for the zcons, super jealous haha

Going to have a build log for it?

Going to have a build log for it?

As soon as I get my box I am def going to do a build log.  It will be 2 sa-12s (on 1700 rms for now) sealed off the trunk of a 2012 Ford Focus Sedan.  I have the subs and some other things for it already but I wanna wait till the box gets here to start the log.  Not sure if this has been said but how are you planning on sealing it off?

As soon as I get my box I am def going to do a build log.  It will be 2 sa-12s (on 1700 rms for now) sealed off the trunk of a 2012 Ford Focus Sedan.  I have the subs and some other things for it already but I wanna wait till the box gets here to start the log.  Not sure if this has been said but how are you planning on sealing it off?

Well I made that front part of the box almost exactly the size of where my trunk gets smaller and goes into the car. And put spray foam all around it. And any part of the body that connects into the trunk I filled with spray foam.

I would use foam but I don't wanna chance anything and mess up my brand new car's trunk because I have never used it before lol. Thats why I am going to use damping material, duct tape, cardboard and that black car cover stuff. It sounds like it will look like crap but I will make it work and look all pretty lol. I really do like the multiple baffle for the opening from the trunk to the cabin that you did on the box, it will def make it look clean and easier to seal off. Did you decide on a new amp yet? I saw your sig says you got something new coming.

Edited by grayta

I would use foam but I don't wanna chance anything and mess up my brand new car's trunk because I have never used it before lol. Thats why I am going to use damping material, duct tape, cardboard and that black car cover stuff. It sounds like it will look like crap but I will make it work and look all pretty lol. I really do like the multiple baffle for the opening from the trunk to the cabin that you did on the box, it will def make it look clean and easier to seal off. Did you decide on a new amp yet? I saw your sig says you got something new coming.

Still got the ap amp now. . Wanting to do a crescendo 5500 at .5 but have not found a deal yet.

Dam forgot to get ring terminals. All that's left is to hook up my batts and the amp :)

How much port area do you have?? I just built my box for my single Zcon 12 that's 3.4 cubes tuned to 31hz.

How much port area do you have?? I just built my box for my single Zcon 12 that's 3.4 cubes tuned to 31hz.

Right now only around 80

And its a little over 7.5 after dis. Right now lol

Got it playing a little :) crazy for 12s and it just got done. Going to keep getting louder. Ill try somehow to get some videos soon

Sweet man! Love loud trunk builds. Hopefully going to get mine going full tilt soon. :D

Well only could hit a 145. :( but it was at 30hz and on music. . Bout to try the box a little bit littler and tuned a little higher. Its tuned at 29 Hz right now