I just got my pioneer 80prs installed in my Malibu yesterday. Love it! I see pioneer put up a few YouTube vids of how to operate. Basically there is a switch on the unit itself for a standard mode or network mode. Network seems to open a lot of features up according to reviews.

I am NOT running active, but would love more features to tinker with.

Anyone have any specific knowledge of these 2 modes? I don't want to remove the deck to change the switch if its not needed for my setup. Any info needed please ask

Network mode is only if you are running active. The extra features are crossover slopes and crossover frequencies. Your passive crossovers are taking care of that for you already. IMO it would not add anything to your setup to switch to network mode unless you are running your setup active. 

Network mode is only if you are running active. The extra features are crossover slopes and crossover frequencies. Your passive crossovers are taking care of that for you already. IMO it would not add anything to your setup to switch to network mode unless you are running your setup active.

X2

Yup

Thanks guys. I've got some work to do with this thing now that its installed. Put the subs in and they sound like shit. Just gonna take time and a lot of tweaking. Good equip and box I'm just gonna have to set everything right.

Thanks again

I don't know.

IIRC, the 32 band 16L/R is only available in network mode. I assume it is the same as the 880 and would also expect that the HP/LP allows you to basically run full range in network mode.

This means you would gain nearly everything EXCEPT the crossovers. Considering you don't need those, I'd do it anyways.

It is possible that the HP/LP on/off adjustability won't let you do this but I think you can. When I had my 880 I never was in the situation to check and I've owned a lot of different processors so I may be not remembering. A half bottle of Tequila also might have my memory a bit soft [img=http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/

I had a hard time getting my sub to sound good after i installed my 80prs too. It was clean and balanced, but when I wanted it to get loud and blur my vision I had a hard time achieving that. It wasn't until the other day when I started tweeking the eq that I was able to get my subs to shine again.  

I had a hard time getting my sub to sound good after i installed my 80prs too. It was clean and balanced, but when I wanted it to get loud and blur my vision I had a hard time achieving that. It wasn't until the other day when I started tweeking the eq that I was able to get my subs to shine again.

What did you tweak? Unless you had some weird shit either going on before or with your box it shouldn't just automatically do anything like that.

Although in general distortion is volume to the human ear.

Just seems the videos I watch of this hu there is features that I'm not able to access.

everything shown there is kinda different. It's like standard mode is just way dummied down. The visual curves shown in that video are not accessible. Can't figure out how this auto EQ thing works either. I have the mic and plugged it in but when I select it it tells me something weird like "please set auto EQ" it's disabled somehow and the only thing I can think of is that damn network switch lol.

Also this things advertised as having pandora. Can't find that anywhere either. I can BT my iPhone to the head unit and play pandora thru my phone but nothing on the hu side. Much to learn. Gonna go grab the manual and re read some stuff.

This head unit helps me realize how many different things can be adjusted and how it all matters if you care about your sound. The fine tweaking is insane. I really like this head unit.

Owners manual appears to come on a CD. Welllll that shit broke lol. Was able to find it online. Auto EQ was figured out. Actually made it sound better to my ears. Now I need to figure out this pandora thing. I read somewhere the firmware may need to be updated, I'm wondering if that was on the cd or how that process works.. Hmmm

I couldn't get pandora to work on the hu side either, I plugged my phone (galaxy s3) into the usb and it said device not compatible. As far as the subs, on my old pioneer i had the loudness turned to low, I turn it off on the 80prs...took me a minute to realize that was the case, so I boosted some low frequencies on the eq and reset my gains, not completely satisfied with it yet but I am learning. 

I am glad you like the HU. It is crazy powerful and very nice and convenient to have all that control from the drivers seat

Looks like pioneer offers a Bluetooth update for the 80prs. Needs to be from a windows laptop though. Instructions seemed easy ill just have to borrow the laptop, only iPads and desktop pcs here. Not sure if the update will bring forward the pandora but it did say something about iPhone 5 and that's what I use. Will do it soon and post results.

Looks like pioneer offers a Bluetooth update for the 80prs. Needs to be from a windows laptop though. Instructions seemed easy ill just have to borrow the laptop, only iPads and desktop pcs here. Not sure if the update will bring forward the pandora but it did say something about iPhone 5 and that's what I use. Will do it soon and post results.

You might be able to use a cd/thumb drive too.

I hope it works. controlling pandora from your hu would be sweet!

I control pandora just fine from my head unit when hooked to my iPhone or iPad.

Just seems the videos I watch of this hu there is features that I'm not able to access.

everything shown there is kinda different. It's like standard mode is just way dummied down. The visual curves shown in that video are not accessible. Can't figure out how this auto EQ thing works either. I have the mic and plugged it in but when I select it it tells me something weird like "please set auto EQ" it's disabled somehow and the only thing I can think of is that damn network switch lol.

Also this things advertised as having pandora. Can't find that anywhere either. I can BT my iPhone to the head unit and play pandora thru my phone but nothing on the hu side. Much to learn. Gonna go grab the manual and re read some stuff.

Auto Eq is only available in Network mode. I started with mine in std mode then switched to Network.  After Auto EQing I had to go in and adjust the db on my sub channel on the HU butit sounds good.  I generally never have my Bass or in my case network 1 above -5db usually have it around -10 auto eq had it at -25.  If its available in std mode try messing with the sound level adjustment, or the sound retriever options.  The auto Eq is set up with HU off hit the EQ button it should pull up the menu. The pandora has to come through the phone and then you can control from HU it does not provide it itself.

The auto-eq sucks donkey dick.  Makes things sound like ass.  Not even good for a baseline IMO.

I couldn't get pandora to work on the hu side either, I plugged my phone (galaxy s3) into the usb and it said device not compatible. As far as the subs, on my old pioneer i had the loudness turned to low, I turn it off on the 80prs...took me a minute to realize that was the case, so I boosted some low frequencies on the eq and reset my gains, not completely satisfied with it yet but I am learning. 

I am glad you like the HU. It is crazy powerful and very nice and convenient to have all that control from the drivers seat

In general all boost is bad.  You should retune your sub with the boost off.

Of course, as I said distortion = perceived volume so perhaps you like that.

Not a fan of distortion at all. That's why I like the xcon so much. The bass is so warm and clean and clear. Just having a rough time getting the new setup dialed in. The 80 prs give has so many control options I am just not familiar with or certain how to set properly that I am finding it is taking a little longer to get things set just right. This hu is allowing my ears to teach me a lot about sound and what sounds good to me in my setup.

You should play some distorted test tones through your sub blindly. You will shock yourself

Probably couldn't tell