argenis69

6.5 Speakers

Hi SSA peeps, I have a blown mid and I'm going to change the set, Need help deciding before buying, between the CDT Audio HD-M6 GOLD or CX62 V2 - Image Dynamics 6.5",   Which would be a better choice, why?  Or any better suggestions in that price range?   Thank you.

Edited by argenis69

What sounds better to your ears and why?

Only you can answer for YOUR ears. Impossible to recommend anything else without knowing what you like and don't like about those. If you haven't heard either then don't buy either.

Don't use anything from Boss Audio!

That huge ass skull in the middle is probably great for sound quality coming from the mid. :)

Don't use anything from Boss Audio!

I'm really hoping everyone caught sarcasm here.....shrug.gif

Only way that is possible is if you answer questions. We need to understand what you like and don't like to make any recommendations.

Mid bass is the hardest thing to recommend, it's a life long debate and there are hundreds of possibilities. I've been trying to decide on what I'm going to do for about 2 months so far and I'm still not ready to make a decision.

Thanks  gprestonmoto, you more or less understand my needs then.

Are you looking to replace components? ie passive xover and tweeters? Are you trying to only replace the mids and use the passive you have? Are you replacing the passive? Running active? Did you feel that any part of the music was missing? What's your budget? Budget matters, I can recommend Helix Comp Midbasses, but unless you wanna spend 600 bones for just bare midbasses it's worthless. Give us a little more and we can go from there.

The new tantric 6.5 comp sets sound really damn good. I believe they're 250 a set. The mid range driver has excellent low end extension and punch. The tweeter is almost on the bright side, but a slight tweak in the EQ, it's perfect. Good set to go active with too. 

I've run CDT in the past, I was quite happy with them. 

Quality of install is way more important than equipment

Quality of install is way more important than equipment

+1

First you should figure out why you blew the driver you had before moving on and blowing another.

my budget is under $200, I currently have a cadence component set. I'm looking to replace only the 6.5 mid drivers, would like the loudest and most decent for the money.  I realized that the crossover from one side was just completely wet inside the door, and that's why it's sounding like that, but now I just want to change that set and get something louder.

Generally speaking if you only change component sets and nothing else you can't really expect "louder"

It's hard to believe, for beginners (I'm not a pro, at all), but the quality of the install is REALLY important.

I've heared some sets of Audiopipe comps that was sounding so nice in a car, when I hated them in most other ones.
This brand is very popular in my country, it's just for the example.

Same thing for subs : In a bad box any sub can sound horrible ! I listened to one AA Havoc 15" recently, and it was awful !!! I know it is a very good sub, but it was in a poor install (bad box, bad settings,...)

OP, tell us what you like, what you don't. Go make some listening sessions in the shops near you and come back and tell us what you think about the sets you tried. And then maybe some could help you.

Good luck.

Check out the comp sets in the ssa store.

I got a set of IA 6.5 comps and was really impressed on how good they sound for the price. I wouldnt hesitate buying another set.