Dylan Matlow

Sorry everything is taking so long...

Hello Everyone,

Just dropping in to tell you that we found a basket/frame that will work nicely for the Delta midrange drivers however we are still lacking a basket for the omegas.

I'm not going to set any kind of release date considering how unpredictable this sort of thing has turned out to be. Once we have a production version of the prototype it should be approximately 1-1.5 months before production can start full swing if the lead times we have been dealing with are any indication.

The basket for the delta is stamped and allows 14mm of movement before the spider runs into the base of the frame with a flat spider. We could use a spacer and get the needed excursion for the omega however we would much rather use a cast aluminum basket...

As for the subwoofers...

Thought I would let you guys decide what finish should go on this subwoofer frame.

Black? As-Is Aluminum? Chrome? Other (please specify)?

If anyone wanted pink we would break out the paint just for them though...

GZ1.jpg

GZ2.jpg

P.S. That surround will only support 37.5mm of excursion. :crying: --

that motor looks like an MT with a pole vent...almost.

i like standard aluminum.

hmmmm..i have that exact basket sitting on my floor..lol...

probably a different motor...but maybe not...

i thought only eclipse could use that basket for car audio?

make it black chrome

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

TC sounds uses it i beleive.

edit:

As soon as i hit post message my brain said "TCsounds is the OE buildhouse for alot of Eclipse speakers"

make it black chrome

Black chrome -- now that sounds like a nice suggestion. We are rather liking the idea of smco for the high end subwoofers due to its superior thermal stability and high strength... It is kind of pricey when compared against other magnet materials however its worth it if you ask me.

The manufacturer didn't seem to have any problem with selling us some frames, I guess I will have to contact TC sounds to make sure they don't have any problems with this... If they do theres always another basket I can't ever remember seeing before that will support 52mm and looks about as sexy... It is even $1 less/each! haha...

make it black chrome

Black chrome -- now that sounds like a nice suggestion. We are rather liking the idea of smco for the high end subwoofers due to its superior thermal stability and high strength... It is kind of pricey when compared against other magnet materials however its worth it if you ask me.

The manufacturer didn't seem to have any problem with selling us some frames, I guess I will have to contact TC sounds to make sure they don't have any problems with this... If they do theres always another basket I can't ever remember seeing before that will support 52mm and looks about as sexy... It is even $1 less/each! haha...

black chrome is the sexy!!

the reason behind my eclipse remark is because of jlaine's uber woofer. IIRC, he had to "advertise" those subs as H/T use in order to use the baskets...but then again, tc sounds built those subs..so maybe it's a conflict issue just within tc sounds/eclipse. 007 needs to drop in here and enlighten us..lol..

if you go black chrome, i get a free sub, right??

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Don't really care, I do like the aesthetics of that kind of basket, though.

the reason behind my eclipse remark is because of jlaine's uber woofer. IIRC, he had to "advertise" those subs as H/T use in order to use the baskets...but then again, tc sounds built those subs..so maybe it's a conflict issue just within tc sounds/eclipse. 007 needs to drop in here and enlighten us..lol..

Huge discount? Defiantly

At cost? Possibly, I'll see what Matt says.

If you can find us a basket to use for the omega -- Free: Sounds good to me! Just get a Dumax report on it :)

Huge discount? Defiantly

At cost? Possibly, I'll see what Matt says.

If you can find us a basket to use for the omega -- Free: Sounds good to me! Just get a Dumax report on it :)

lol, sounds good...

what about the basket on the extremis? (can you even get it?)or a smaller version of what you've already got pictured? probably too expensive to get tooled....but would be sweet!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

lol, sounds good...

what about the basket on the extremis? (can you even get it?)or a smaller version of what you've already got pictured? probably too expensive to get tooled....but would be sweet!

http://www.mpyreaudio.com/65x2.htm

That seems perfect to me... The only problem is I can't seem to find where to get them.

Cannot go to adire for them?

I know there has been bridges burned there though.

Also i have to ask what happened to tooling/casting your own baskets? these speakers were supposed to be out how long ago?

I am sorry for sounding half negative but I was VERY interested in these drivers when they were first mentioned.... then the wait, then the drama of your business partner, then more waiting for custom baskets, and now looking for baskets elsewhere again?

The theory behind your drivers is WICKED as is the prelim pricing ranges, also wicked.. but enough is enough come out iwht a product instead of pictures and promises of great products at GREAT prices.

yes i kinda hijacked this thread and if a mod sees fit then delete my post.

Cannot go to adire for them?

I know there has been bridges burned there though.

Also i have to ask what happened to tooling/casting your own baskets? these speakers were supposed to be out how long ago?

I am sorry for sounding half negative but I was VERY interested in these drivers when they were first mentioned.... then the wait, then the drama of your business partner, then more waiting for custom baskets, and now looking for baskets elsewhere again?

The theory behind your drivers is WICKED as is the prelim pricing ranges, also wicked.. but enough is enough come out iwht a product instead of pictures and promises of great products at GREAT prices.

yes i kinda hijacked this thread and if a mod sees fit then delete my post.

Yea I know its taking forever... Matt is converting his furnace to an induction furnace, the gas furnace wasn

black chrome or nothing!!

i've done a bit of research dylan...will let ya know soon.

in the meantime, you got PM...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

I love black chrome, my new tool set is all black chrome and it's the chit.

nG

I got a short story about that one for you sometime :D

Looks like a cool driver - black chrome is sexy.

I got a short story about that one for you sometime :D

Looks like a cool driver - black chrome is sexy.

kewl..lol..

pm it too me sometime...

another vote for black chrome, was thinking of that before i read the entire thread. Much more unique than the current stuff out there.

Always good to have another company to get well-priced DIY stuff.

that's at least 3 in here for black chrome!

like bigger george just stated, much more unique and rare. be different. there are alot of gloss black, bare aluminum, and polished baskets out there. but i know of none black chrome.

so do it!! do it!!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Lets make it 4 on the black chrome!

that's at least 3 in here for black chrome!

like bigger george just stated, much more unique and rare. be different. there are alot of gloss black, bare aluminum, and polished baskets out there. but i know of none black chrome.

so do it!! do it!!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Indeed -- I love the idea... Matt grumbled at the extra price per unit and us trying to have the best bang for the buck that we can... I believe that we can have 1/2 of them black chrome and 1/2 of them unfinished without any problem and just charge $10 more/each for the black chrome and see how big of a hit it is :). I figure that is a fair price? That way we only need to sell 60 black chromed units to break even on the finish incase its not *that* big of a hit...

Or should we just not offer an unfinished option and just have it cost $5 more/each than it would have otherwise?

PS. I found a sexy cast basket that will allow for 16.75mm of xmech without a spider landing spacer (maximum of 27.5mm tall cone). Naturally we will trade cone height for xmech with a spacer...

Omega1663_n.jpg

What do you think about that one?

This would give us a depth of just under 4" for the omega. ~(3.9)

4" is gonna be wayyyy too deep for most people.

Yep :) It is likely going to get more of a following in home audio DIY or for the people going all out anyways and are making kicks, or possibly completely modifying their doors. I could see these being used in pro audio for some high quality monitors or possibly even line arrays as well... There are the rare cars that can manage 4