Sign in to follow this  
topgun

Any new products coming out?

I was just wondering today if you guys were planning on expanding outside of the subwoofer market and venturing into component sets or midbass drivers anytime in the foreseeable future? :puzzled:

Not anytime soon..but possibly later on down the road a good ways.

That would be awesome to have some nice Fi components, or even just some mids. I can see why that isn't #1 on the list when the logo is a bass clef. :)

Edited by tejcurrent

7" mid with ~10mm of excursion and extension over 3khz would be nice.

This question has been asked at least half a dozen times. Here.

Lol.

nG

Edited by ngsm13

This question has been asked at least half a dozen times. Here.

Lol.

nG

As you can tell, I didn't search.

7" mid with ~10mm of excursion and extension over 3khz would be nice.

And preferably not a paper cone or a response like one in the midrange anyway.

I can see why that isn't #1 on the list when the logo is a bass clef. :)

What logo is a bass clef Tej ?? :puzzled:

Short answer...Nope.

The more time passes, the more I see the niche market that Fi is working its way into. I feel customers and the company is better suited cultivating that and only doing subs... and more options ;)

Ascendant will have all of the above... much of the work I have dont for Fi will transfer over to that. Seems to make more sense for a dealer based company that will move more products... to spend the $$$ on some nice tooling. We will get the original poly 6.5s rolling again, and then update them with a new tooled basket a few months after to integrate a grill and and be a little more car audio oriented with its sizing (HT guys dont fear... we will keep the original basket as a standard item as well)

Ascendant, down the road a little, will have 2 component sets as well as some coaxes (market demands them).

Thanks,

Scott

so how is the relationship with you/FI/Ascendant and Destijl? Do you own Destijl and FI is YOUR brand and you as Destijl are building Ascendants new stuff? Or are you even affiliated with Destijl? meaning are the subs now made by you under no other name as a build house than FI? and in turn is Ascendant merging with FI so there will be an internet only and dealer based company both working together or will the internet selling be stopped eventually?

just alot of people asked similar questions before and I personally have no idea so I'm curious as well. if it was brought up I'm certain it was before the crash, and as you can see from my date registered I didn't partake in the postivities much before the crash lol :D . thanks,

Tom

I had a response typed out, but it'd be better coming from the horse's mouth.

And by horse, I mean Scott... though he's not really a horse. And if he was, damn that's a sexy horse.

lol.

nG

I had a response typed out, but it'd be better coming from the horse's mouth.

And by horse, I mean Scott... though he's not really a horse. And if he was, damn that's a sexy horse.

lol.

nG

And rich one too for being able to walk on 2 legs for good distances

J

so how is the relationship with you/FI/Ascendant and Destijl? Do you own Destijl and FI is YOUR brand and you as Destijl are building Ascendants new stuff? Or are you even affiliated with Destijl? meaning are the subs now made by you under no other name as a build house than FI? and in turn is Ascendant merging with FI so there will be an internet only and dealer based company both working together or will the internet selling be stopped eventually?

just alot of people asked similar questions before and I personally have no idea so I'm curious as well. if it was brought up I'm certain it was before the crash, and as you can see from my date registered I didn't partake in the postivities much before the crash lol :D . thanks,

Tom

Nothing at all to do with Destijl, as far as i know that company is down a beaten path way off in left field somewhere..never to be seen again, forget that name its gone. Scott is on his own two feet...or riding his own horse..or creating his own army...however you want to take that one that jizm posted lol.

AA will have one authorized place to purchase on the internet, otherwise it will be a STRICTLY dealer based entity. Before you ask "are the prices going to go up to retail" the answer is no. They are/will be very competitive with the online market for the performance that you get. AA/Fi is not a merger per say...but you'll see how that works out soon. I didn't want to say that we're not going to come out with components because we are with the AA line, as well as many other do-dads and gadgets as far as drivers go just not with Fi...so i entertained the idea that it still might happen with us :).

Fi is staying direct, and only direct.

ngsm13... why thank you... I think ;)

I am no longer affiliated with DeStijl. I sold that at the beginning of 2006.

Fi and Ascendant are two completely separate companies. Its a little complicated to say how things are set up (as legalities make it complicated to cover your butt under all circumstances). While there are actually 3 companies involved, there really is only one set of people building them. Completed Fi products stay where they are currently being made (albeit for only a couple hours before they are shipped out). Completed Ascendant products will move to separate building for warehousing and shipping. And the third company is for OEM and consulting work (so as not to burden either Fi or Ascendant legally with other OEM work).

So for the most part, if you tried to contact any of the 3 companies, you would pretty much get me ;)

Fi will always be a direct only company.

Ascendant will be a dealer based company with 1 online sales outlet.

The other company you probably dont need to worry about unless you have a need for HT OEM work.

Thanks,

Scott

Tom

AA will have one authorized place to purchase on the internet, otherwise it will be a STRICTLY dealer based entity.

;)

ngsm13... why thank you... I think ;)

I am no longer affiliated with DeStijl. I sold that at the beginning of 2006.

Fi and Ascendant are two completely separate companies. Its a little complicated to say how things are set up (as legalities make it complicated to cover your butt under all circumstances). While there are actually 3 companies involved, there really is only one set of people building them. Completed Fi products stay where they are currently being made (albeit for only a couple hours before they are shipped out). Completed Ascendant products will move to separate building for warehousing and shipping. And the third company is for OEM and consulting work (so as not to burden either Fi or Ascendant legally with other OEM work).

So for the most part, if you tried to contact any of the 3 companies, you would pretty much get me ;)

Fi will always be a direct only company.

Ascendant will be a dealer based company with 1 online sales outlet.

The other company you probably dont need to worry about unless you have a need for HT OEM work.

Thanks,

Scott

Scott,

I can

Curt,

Nope... the third company (OEM) I am referring to is another business I own and do OEM and consulting work for the HT market. Not an overseas supplier.

But, the drivers will remain the exact same as I mentioned earlier for the HT guys. I will change things up and produce a similar driver but with a different basket and physically geared more towards mobile audio. Dont fear... the poly 6.5 as you know it will be around for quite some time. I am very fond of the design (I had a "little" say in it ;) )

Thanks,

Scott

sweet, Scott rides his own horse :D . when I feed the horse today I'll get some pix ;) we don't ride him very often, besides my son sitting on his back while he's eating and sh!t lol... just doesn't have shoes, and we have no time/desire to ride him at this point... hoping we get back into it... that is why one reason I bought a truck that could tow lol... not to be OT :F

Curt,

Nope... the third company (OEM) I am referring to is another business I own and do OEM and consulting work for the HT market. Not an overseas supplier.

But, the drivers will remain the exact same as I mentioned earlier for the HT guys. I will change things up and produce a similar driver but with a different basket and physically geared more towards mobile audio. Dont fear... the poly 6.5 as you know it will be around for quite some time. I am very fond of the design (I had a "little" say in it ;) )

Thanks,

Scott

Thanks Scott!

I'll let the DIYers know it will still be available. -Any quesstimate as to when?

Thanks again!

Curt

the poly 6.5 as you know it will be around for quite some time. I am very fond of the design (I had a "little" say in it ;) )

I hate to draw conclusions where there may be none available, but is it safe to say that your OEM side is the primary contact for split coil designs at this point? Knowing what you did with RE and the use of the split coil on the Poly, can we expect more frequent use of split coil topology in the future?

Cheers,

Neil

I'd say its definitely a possibility :).

I like it. I know its drawbacks and abilities fairly well in having used it on a few drivers and having played with it LOTS in the past couple of years. It is being used for a new lineup for a HT company I do OEM for and Im sure itll make its way into other products ;)

Thanks...

Scott

I like it. I know its drawbacks and abilities fairly well in having used it on a few drivers and having played with it LOTS in the past couple of years. It is being used for a new lineup for a HT company I do OEM for and Im sure itll make its way into other products ;)

Thanks...

Scott

Despite what an infamous character may have exaggerated, I'm a big fan of split coil if the OEM is experienced with the technology. Good luck in the future Scott and team!

Neil

Just to respond, the bass clef I was refering to, that is visible when you go to check out:

headerback5od1.jpg

It's in the page as a background image below the main Fi logo.

Edited by tejcurrent

Sign in to follow this