Sign in to follow this  
ford302redneck

Inside FI?

How about a Tour of inside FI?

Ive always wondered what it looked like behind teh scenes.

And Im guessing other people might have interest in this also.

You dont have to let us in, on your "special" machines, or what not you might have laying around.

Dont wanna give teh other people teh heads up for making teh loud m00faz. HAHA

I'd settle for pics of nick, shawn and scott

just to put faces to the names

I'll post a pic up later, we're all in the performance auto&sound...i've been in car sound a few times myself...

Gotta lay a roof today :(

I feel your pain :( Hopefully not to steep? I do a fair bit of roofs, they're never fun. Especially if there's rotting wood to replace...

To hell with roofing........hate it.

J

IMG_1078.jpg

shawn far left, nick with the virginia tech hat on, scott the old man with the gray hair :lol::P:o

Tpj which is you man ?

and is that a kool aid suv in the back B)

More pics more pics

tha guy on the far right kneeling looks like an installer i know named Ron

Edited by theabunai

That's Paul, he works for Scott.

Tom = to my right, or Shawn's left

..off to doc's appt

I know what Nick, Shawn, and Scott look like, I seen these pictures, right after finals. I know who Nick and Scott was right off teh bat. Without nobody tellin me.

just courious, when Fi was just starting... was it like in the garrage like RE started? Btw before it was called Resonant Engineering .... I remember it has some other name.

I have to find the picture of Nick after we pulled this monster rats nest of old wires out of the sled.

appleyard- When Fi started it wasnt quite in a garage... well sort of, lol. I did have a warehouse (same one I have now) but I also have a solid machine shop and assembly line setup at my house as well. At first, before I had any employees and was doing prototyping and lots of consulting work, I didnt need to head into the shop everyday and I could do a good deal of design work (cad, fea, machining, driver testing) all from home. Much more convenient than driving in to the warehouse to do the same thing, and having AC is much nicer in a Vegas summer than our sweatshop ;)

RE wasnt started in a garage either... by the point of RE (origianlly called Resonant Engineering), I had been in a warehouse for close to 3 years. The OEM side of things (called FRC Soundworks) was started in a garage before I moved to the first warehouse. It was rough working full time, going to school full time, and starting a business at that point, and saving as much $$$ as I could for parts meant that I didnt want to waste any on a warehouse for a few months. Parts make money... the warehouse didnt. But when I picked up a couple more OEM accounts I had no choice but to get a warehouse (especially one of the home companies we assembled and bult for... we were doing 500+ of these little full range speakers for them a week and it took up LOTS of space).

Fi is about as humble of beginnings as FRC Soundworks was. I intend to keep it that way too. I dont need a 10,000 sqft warehouse this time around and the way things are set up is very flexible. In all, keeping overhead down as low as possible and just having to flex the setup some definitely helps keep costs down... and keeps prices stable even though materials cost rise constantly.

Now for a tour inside Fi? Dont know about that... maybe a glimpse or two, but Id rather keep the smoke and mirrors going for now ;)

At least with the above pic you cant tell how grey I am nor would you know that Pol is a ninja ;)

appleyard- When Fi started it wasnt quite in a garage... well sort of, lol. I did have a warehouse (same one I have now) but I also have a solid machine shop and assembly line setup at my house as well. At first, before I had any employees and was doing prototyping and lots of consulting work, I didnt need to head into the shop everyday and I could do a good deal of design work (cad, fea, machining, driver testing) all from home. Much more convenient than driving in to the warehouse to do the same thing, and having AC is much nicer in a Vegas summer than our sweatshop ;)

RE wasnt started in a garage either... by the point of RE (origianlly called Resonant Engineering), I had been in a warehouse for close to 3 years. The OEM side of things (called FRC Soundworks) was started in a garage before I moved to the first warehouse. It was rough working full time, going to school full time, and starting a business at that point, and saving as much $$ as I could for parts meant that I didnt want to waste any on a warehouse for a few months. Parts make money... the warehouse didnt. But when I picked up a couple more OEM accounts I had no choice but to get a warehouse (especially one of the home companies we assembled and bult for... we were doing 500+ of these little full range speakers for them a week and it took up LOTS of space).

Fi is about as humble of beginnings as FRC Soundworks was. I intend to keep it that way too. I dont need a 10,000 sqft warehouse this time around and the way things are set up is very flexible. In all, keeping overhead down as low as possible and just having to flex the setup some definitely helps keep costs down... and keeps prices stable even though materials cost rise constantly.

Now for a tour inside Fi? Dont know about that... maybe a glimpse or two, but Id rather keep the smoke and mirrors going for now ;)

At least with the above pic you cant tell how grey I am nor would you know that Pol is a ninja ;)

Smoke and mirrors eh? I wondered what those were....

nG

the prototypes that didn't make the cut

Not teh prototypes that didnt make teh cut.... The Future subs, is whats smoking. ;)

Edited by ford302redneck

Any plans to divest yourself of Fi, ala RE?

Are you using the XBL^2 for Fi subs? Are you using SGLC, LGLC, or Underhung? I guess I could wait till I recone...It's not that important...just curious.

Thanks.

Lol... no, Im not planning on divesting myself of Fi. I am the only one with a stake in Fi, and thats the way it will stay. Not that Im a control freak, but having realtively no headaches nowadays is priceless.

No XBl for Fi subs. I have other things I can use that work well. Currently we are using MGLC for most setups... not quite a long gap, and not a short one either. Somewhere in between.

Ill see about a pic or two.

Smoke comes from an angle grinder and flap wheel cleaning up other companies subs for recones ;) And I hate that smoke.

Sign in to follow this