Puggsley456

What voice coil configurations do you look for?

Voice Coil Configuration Options  

18 members have voted

1. 1. What do you look for from a manufacturer?

• DVC 1 ohm
    • DVC 2 ohm
    • DVC 4 ohm
    • SVC 2 ohm
    • SVC 4 ohm
    • Other Please Specify

I had a discussion with a friend about the most popular voice coil configs in a raw driver. What configurations do you look for when looking for a driver? Based on your current setup please.

Totally depends on the amp I'd have at the time...as long as I can get the amount of power I'd want out of the amp, the impedance I end up with isn't a factor.

I don't as a rule look for any one thing. It all depends on how many subs I want to run and the amp I want to run. Having multiple configs available in a line of subs is nice.

Install specific completely.

Thats why I asked for "Based on curent set up", Just to get a feel for what is most popular at the moment. I know everything can change real fast. But I am just kind of looking for a cross sectional view of what people are looking for.

Edited by Puggsley456

I am a fan of D2's right now because they allow me to maximize my power in the vehicle and the house (for single sub setups, of course).

Currently have a D2 installed, but the next setup will be different. Also have 4 x SVC 4s handy as well as 3 x DVC 6.

Wouldn't mind seeing more drivers with quads :)

I love quad coils. I love to see a driver with quad 1.4 ohm or 2 ohm coils, it gives you the ability to strap a pair of amps or 4 amps to one sub, it also allows you to maximize efficiency for comps by running next to nothing impedances and than with two subs it is very easy to run them at a more reasonable daily impedance.

I am all about the quad16.

SVC 16 ohm drivers still have a good use, too bad nobody makes them nowadays.

D2 for me.since most class D amps are 1 ohm stable and bridged stereos at 4 oh,ms/

Usually D2. However my new amp is 1 ohm stable from the factory and 0.5 ohm stable from the "field" so I would like to try D1.5 to run my amp at 0.75 ohms.