Sign in to follow this  
stratusrt01

Yo Jacob

Sometimes it pays to have an insomniac working for you huh?

Christy will carpet it in the morning, and I'll see about possibly bringing it up to you. Paint was still a little wet, so it looks splotchy, but it's not like that in person.

DSC01578.jpg

DSC01577.jpg

Edited by stratusrt01

Cools, I love downfiring... done quite a few at the shop.

nG

I've always liked the way they sound, especially in extended cab trucks.

Looks perfect Rich, much better than my creation for sure :) I need to get a table saw because I am completely fired from making straight cuts with a circular saw. Now... I can cut a hella circle with a jig saw... but straight lines are another story ;)

Looks perfect Rich, much better than my creation for sure :) I need to get a table saw because I am completely fired from making straight cuts with a circular saw. Now... I can cut a hella circle with a jig saw... but straight lines are another story ;)

I am dealing with the circle problem right now. My jigsaw is not having fun cutting through 2.25 inches of mdf.

I am dealing with the circle problem right now. My jigsaw is not having fun cutting through 2.25 inches of mdf.

circles are no problem at all.......

DSC01534.jpg

circles are no problem at all.......

DSC01534.jpg

I don't have trouble doing the circle part with a jig saw, my jigsaw/ blades just whine too much when cutting through a triple baffle.

The most my jigsaw has done is 1.5" and that was about it's maximum. You should probably cut one sheet at a time :)

I need one of those jigs like Rich has for the router. That is the only way to do it if you do much box building at all.

The most my jigsaw has done is 1.5" and that was about it's maximum. You should probably cut one sheet at a time :)

I need one of those jigs like Rich has for the router. That is the only way to do it if you do much box building at all.

takes about 20 seconds to cut a perfect hole, just the time and aggravation saved is well worth the $40ish it cost.

takes about 20 seconds to cut a perfect hole, just the time and aggravation saved is well worth the $40ish it cost.

It is definitely on my to buy list. there are a couple more things I really need to buy as well during this off season to help make building boxes a little easier/ accurate.

router and a table saw with the option to do angle cuts should be on that lists neon....

I love those nice degree cuts for wedge shaped boxes

diy one ;)

diy one ;)

I had a DIY one, but I should have made it out of Lexan, I made it out of 1/4" wood, and the holes would wear out, and the hole change sizes slightly. I also ran into problems because there's too many different woofer sizes that are close to each other, but not far enough away to drill another hole without weakening the wood, so I broke down and bought the Jasper.

router and a table saw with the option to do angle cuts should be on that lists neon....

I love those nice degree cuts for wedge shaped boxes

I just bought a table saw like 2 weeks ago actually. I have used that thing soo much since I have gotten it.

Big Tablesaws FTW!!!!!!! It's nice to have a 36" fence capacity after working for years on one of those tabletop saws.

DSC01513.jpg

Edited by stratusrt01

Sign in to follow this