Sign in to follow this  
Lifted03Silverado

Would you guys buy amps or subs off ebay?

From someone who has like thousands of replies and over a 99% positive feedback. Would you buy an amp or sub from those people?

I think they are mostly car audio shop selling their chit on ebay

From someone who has like thousands of replies and over a 99% positive feedback. Would you buy an amp or sub from those people?

You can get some very good deals on ebay, or get completely ripped off. Just be careful and make sure the person has good RECENT feedback. I remember when The Zeb went under and had nearly perfect feedback up until that point. The last couple months they were on ebay they took hundreds of people's money and never sent any product.

I've found that I get the best deals from auctions that end during the week at odd times. You will pay more if the auction ends on the weekend.

I recently got an Adcom GFP-555 II preamp in perfect condition for $140. Probabably the best deal I've gotten yet.

It's hit an miss really. I recently bought Apple MacBook Pro for $1899 from ebay, the seller never sent the product and gave me the run around. Refunded after paypal dispute, took forever. I wouldn't buy anything on ebay for more than $500. Bought an ID8 on ebay from imagedynamicstore, it has no output at all! Now he wants me to send to manufacturer for waranty, yeah $99 sub for like $30 shipping to Canada? That's $99 down the drain.

You can get some very good deals on ebay, or get completely ripped off. Just be careful and make sure the person has good RECENT feedback. I remember when The Zeb went under and had nearly perfect feedback up until that point. The last couple months they were on ebay they took hundreds of people's money and never sent any product.

I've found that I get the best deals from auctions that end during the week at odd times. You will pay more if the auction ends on the weekend.

I recently got an Adcom GFP-555 II preamp in perfect condition for $140. Probabably the best deal I've gotten yet.

yea just check the seller feedback or there rating to see if they are scammers

I've actually had worse luck off Ebay than on it...

I have had good luck with all my purchases on eBay except for HiFi Sound Connection. F them in their collective asses!

Edited by X-OvrDistortion

i havent gotten burned off ebay yet, but ive only made about 5 purchases. i didnt have any problems with hifi sound connection, but their checkout system sucks. just make sure you read the description and ask any questions. big sellers tend to fudge up model numbers and specs and dont always have good pics.

when you look at feedback, 99.9% doesnt mean chit when all the good was 12 months ago and they are on a downhill slide. read the past couple months feedback and look for neutrals and negatives. saw one guy that was nice to everyone who gave him positive, but if you gave him neutral or negative he would bash, name call, and generally be an ass. avoid those types of people.

and always pay with paypal!!

if you are looking for an amp off of ebay. search sundown audio. There is one up there that I accidentally bid on. (don't worry it was just the minimum bid) when I was looking at it.

if you are looking for an amp off of ebay. search sundown audio. There is one up there that I accidentally bid on. (don't worry it was just the minimum bid) when I was looking at it.

Nah Id rather get a RF or kicker amp, thanks though. Nothing agains sundown I just like the RFs and kicker

Nah Id rather get a RF or kicker amp, thanks though. Nothing agains sundown I just like the RFs and kicker

You don't know what you are missing. ;)

what all you guys love this sundown amp or what?

How does it compare to a RF T150002 or the kicker 1500?

I want to run 2 12" Fi SSDs I dont think I have enough room for the Qs but Id like to have those

what all you guys love this sundown amp or what?

yes, yes we do

I am now reserved to the point where I will only buy new or from friends.

I have a slightly used Treo for sale. ;)

Trust me, I have more subs then I have a place to use them. :P

Treo == iPhone predecessor != sub

On an AUDIO forum, Treo = Treo Engineering = http://www.treoonline.com/ = subs

On an AUDIO forum, Treo = Treo Engineering = http://www.treoonline.com/ = subs

Denim, if you are looking to get rid of a sub or two, I have a few spaces open... :D

Its been a mix bag for me on Ebay. First amp I ever bought was a four channel Rockford Fosgate that was suppose to be from a rep dealer, turned out to be total crap. Amp worked fine for a while, but when it warmed up, made a horrible high whinning sound through the speakers. Was not worth the effort sending it back, so I sold it to a friend for the low, (after I explained what it was doing of course!). Few months ago, purchased a Orion 4002 from a private seller for $100 and use that amp everyday, never had one problem with it. Just be carefull out there, and read the auction completely. If it seems too good to be true, it usually is!!!

And for the record, Sundown Audio amps are extremely nice, easly do rated power and then some, plus the owner is a really easy going guy!!

Indeed... I have been listing a few amps on e-bay lately. Used, b-stock, and refurbished goods. The results have been pretty good so far and it's helping me move the amps I have laying around here.

I've only had one problem on e-bay as a buyer and I got it worked out... albeit 3 months later. Indo Audio sent me the wrong Phoenix Gold EQ and it took about 3 months to get the right one, but I did eventually get it.

Now... as a seller. I have almost been scammed twice. Both times buyers bought items, received them, never contacted me about anything, and filed charge-back reports. I won both cases because I followed everything on my end... still a huge PITA.

I've bought a few, well maybe 10 this spring. I had one that was never sent with a 97% and well over 1K points. Had to go paypal dispute and got my money back like 3 months later. Had one that run for a minute and quit, old kenwood, they took it back just cost $7 shippage. The rest were good deals, some really cheap but they worked....were really dirty. Given few of them were high dollar, the most was around 100 shipped, all older amps like alpines, kenwood, sherwood, mtx, jbl, etc.

I bought a lot of cheap stuff from the circuit city stores but they look dry now, most of it was as described or was real close....made some pocket money off that stuff. I had one issue with them a pair of speakers came with no parts or packing and tweeters blown, were supposed to be good with grills. They refused the return because the grills were not in there....I had to email and raise a big stink on ebay to get my stupid $27 or whatever back. Everything else was packed good and worked like they said. Been using a temp sub I have $28 tmd total into...an explode 12 the black one and a new qlogic sealed box. Sub had a tear I glued a little (was a demo I think), but it works fine and better than nothing (not the best sq though). Also some of that stuff had amps on boxes, all that stuff was tested and as they said.

Early this spring I got a better deal at a local pawn shop though, got a rubicon and a dual amp both 300rms x 1 bridged for $80...could nearly sell the SS for that on ebay but it works too nice. The dual amps are 100+ship new all over the place. It seems to need a lot of input voltage, and its big and heavy. It was on a dual BP 12s box but I don't know a thing about dual except best buy sells it. I have not used it in a car yet if ever.

In fact I got a refurb kicker amp off ubid and it has a scratch in the front cover, most refurbs I have bought are 99% this is the worst I've seen. I may be able to buff it out but for a factory refurb its poor. Yeah the price was good, but they could not play kickball with the product before I get it....used to be a store would not take back damaged stuff even if it died, unless the store did it.

I've had good luck with ebay- I'd go through them anytime, just check for 99%+ rating, and like everyone has said-recent. I bought 2 PS3s when they first came out, and went to sell them. Some azzles from africa tried to scam me&the wife half a dozen times, ending 5 seperate auctions early just to tie things up and not be able to sell for quite a while. Still made some good $ off of it (had to keep the other one ;) ) but it was a huge pita.

If you're the only one jumping on a deal there's usually a reason why.

Edited by tejcurrent