Sign in to follow this  
Electrodynamic

New Mag proto pics

Ok. The proto should be here tomorrow. I am sending the reps pictures of the proto as soon as it comes in, but after I email the reps the pics I will post pics up here on this thread.

The gist of the design of the new Mag's is basic:

Newer, bigger motor. (triple stacked BIG magnets)

New soft parts with lots of goodies (TBA) including Fibutron (protected/copyrighted) re-enforced cones.

Higher power handling.

The same SQ as before.

And of course a few un-mentionables that can only be experienced by actually listening to the driver.

Speaking of which...

A 15" version might find its way to a few people, but no demo-ring will be initiated this time.

Anyway, stay tuned to this thread for the newest releases of information on the new Mag series.

HA HA!.

I better be one of those "few."

BTW, make sure your phone is on tomorrow night. We must speak.

Magnets of a larger diameter, I assume? Anything else you're up to discussing about the motor? I realize you won't want to give up some of the secrets of success at SI, just digging anyways. Always need to have some Fibutron ;)

I really look forward to hearing this in comparison with the old Mag's and am interested in the pics. Hopefully success continues for SI in the future.

The Claw Magnum is the original driver. The current production Mag has been out for almost two years now.

***Crossing fingers to be one of the few, need a new avatar*** :P

I'd like to visit one of the few when they get their driver :D

***Crossing fingers to be one of the few, need a new avatar*** :P

its wierdhow im one of the few folks on the forums that have a good rep and dont bullchit nobody but im never concidered for anything

:Doh:

For goodness sake people, let's not make this a big "whoring for free equipment thread...."

Looking forward to pics.

Didn't a new Mag just come out, or am I making stuff up?

-John

There were photos of a prototype that Nick was evaluating. He did not deem it to be worthy of being called a Mag, so it was not released and was promptly incinerated at the SI "rejected product" furnace.

The driver currently in question is entirely different from the other proto. It is made in a different factory to different specifications.

Jake is correct. The driver that is arriving today is completely different from the one we released pics of: made in a different factory, made with different soft parts, hard parts, etc. We are treating our new cones a smidge differently with a proprietary product. :) It won't make a MASSIVE difference, but it will make a difference in a few areas.

You guys should see our furnace. Throwing drivers into it is quite fun. :) :)

Sounds like this should be something special.

Looking forward to reading more about it.

J

Jake is correct. The driver that is arriving today is completely different from the one we released pics of: made in a different factory, made with different soft parts, hard parts, etc. We are treating our new cones a smidge differently with a proprietary product. :) It won't make a MASSIVE difference, but it will make a difference in a few areas.

You guys should see our furnace. Throwing drivers into it is quite fun. :) :)

Oddly... Funky Pups refuse to burn in the furnace... instead they pump out sick deebeez and actually put out the 12,000 degree plasma torches. So, like any reasonable speaker enthusiast would do... we make center channels out of the extra pups (don't ask).

Where are the Pics?? Also, do you have any information on pricing yet or possible prerelease discounts or group buys?

No pics, and no, and no.

When information IS available, it will be posted here.

Sounds cool ETA on when i'd be able to pick up some of the new 15" mags like 2-4 of em :) I just blew my L7's i had holding me over...

And my 12" mag isn't cutting it -_- dunno if it has something to do with flying out of my car at high speeds :P

anyways HOOK ME UP WITH SOME PROTOS NICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:woot:

They will come soon. A prototype arrived on Thursday but it's not going to work. I'll publish pics of the new proto once one worthy enough shows up.

Nick you and jake need to come up here and let me beat on some of them protos you got laying around in the furnace down there :)

We've been waiting for over 4 months to come out with the new Mag's, they're absolutely going to be better than the current driver.

Hell, Nick will reject it is there's a blemish spot on the back of the cone. He's very anal, and IMO is the reason his drivers perform so well.

And Nick, are you ever going to reply to my PM???