kingsham

I wanna get loud...but i wanna sound good

No...

I'd go with the IXL if you had the budget, the MJ if you don't.

For true SQ it probably won't matter much anyway, to be honest.

mr420 has been hittin' the pipe. You don't need any rear speakers and in fact they would defeat your first goal completely, assuming that it actually is a real goal. What you do need is a nice set of components in the front, a good detailed install, and a subwoofer and amplifier. In an SQ setup the sub is the LEAST important part, the rest isn't.

Considering your age and most likely your goals I'd go with a big ported box. If it is "too" much you can always swap it out later real easily with a sealed enclosure.

i actually like running real fill and 6x9s do the trick for me....i mean chit some of us like having people in the car and feel that you cant have big subs on all of the damn time....i turn off my subs and just enjoy a real nice overal sound stage...but its all personal pref i guess.

So where in your stage do the rears fit??? Exactly, nowhere. As for your big subs comment obviously you need a tuning lesson. If you can ever localize your subs they aren't tuned right or you are a basshead. Also, 6x9's are a joke. Yes I do realize there are some that are decent but if you arbitrarily select 100 different 6x9's there might be one pair that is actually worth a chit. It is the most underdesigned speaker shape there is. Components will generically smoke them in output and clarity across the board.

PS. I also like having people in my car and truck and to this day no-one has ever complained about the lack of rear speakers in fact it is quite the opposite. I get comments from the back seat all the time amazed at how clean sounding and loud my system plays.

im not going to get into a big war on this board because i see how you feel on this subject....there is nothing i can say here that would change the "experts" on this board...

but what you are trying to say here is very wrong....yes just having a front stage only sounds good and people that dont really know audio will think its the best....its all personal pref in the end since it is your car....but to try and psuedo flaim me because rear fill is what i like and i happen to think its vital to a system is total bs.

im not going to keep this flaim shyt going because its pointless you're right and im wrong....*cries*

but if this kid or any other member on here that wants to go and seek advice from real car audio experts that build,compete and have won many world & regonal titles over the years....just head on down to the carsound board and see what the other side of the street has to say about system installs....those are great guys there and they dont try and spit the gospel to you...its just a group of guys that have been the recognized leaders and in the mobile sound field for the past 25 years..

Do me a favor, do not come to this forum and give a back handed insult to some very skilled and experienced people then promote another forum. IF you know what ///M5 does for a living and the caliber of equipment he uses on a daily basis, you might listen to him more.

The end point of this argument is, that if this guy wants to spend money on rear fill speakers thats fine, all the while he could see better results by putting that money into a better front stage that were suggested by a good number of people here. It is not gospel, it is proven facts, in addition they are not spitting anything, especially when someone is asking for help.

I have been to numerous competitions over the years, and not one major SQ competitor that I have seen ran a rear fill that I can remember.

No...

I'd go with the IXL if you had the budget, the MJ if you don't.

For true SQ it probably won't matter much anyway, to be honest.

Why did u say for true SQ it probably won't matter much anyway?

Why is his budget daily set up being compared to competition SQ cars? He's not going to compete, he simply wants something that will sound good to his ears and get respectably loud. Kind of drifted off point it seems...

PG RSD comps for the front, Pioneer REV 6.5's in the rear, and a Profile AP1040 would do that for you and not cost a fortune. I just installed that exact set up off a different amp in a 2003 Deville and it sounded pretty good. Was clean sounding and got plenty loud. That's one of many combos that will work for a solid daily ground pounder.

Try and go to some local shops and listen to the speakers before you buy them to make sure you like the sound. Bring some of the music you listen to, so the demo will be worthwhile.

As for the sub situation "I've" found that turning the remote gain knob down will make my subs blend/sound better. Does that make it a true SQ set up, not hardly, but it sounds good and still has the ability to be a beast when I'm in the mood. That "sounds" like what the OP is looking for. I'm sure either Mach5 18 in a decent box will do the same for him.

Hope this helped...

Because most of the "grunt work" is handled by your midbasses. The sub is simply there to round things out below 40Hz where the mids simply run out of mechanical travel. Ideally, you wouldn't be able to even tell that there's a sub present, but if you turned it off they'd be something "missing" from the sound. Sounds weird to describe, but in person it's very obvious.
Why is his budget daily set up being compared to competition SQ cars?

Go see post #47 if you want to see what I was replying to...he asks the questions, I answer 'em, I don't know what his state of mind was, nor do I care to know :)

Because most of the "grunt work" is handled by your midbasses. The sub is simply there to round things out below 40Hz where the mids simply run out of mechanical travel. Ideally, you wouldn't be able to even tell that there's a sub present, but if you turned it off they'd be something "missing" from the sound. Sounds weird to describe, but in person it's very obvious.
Go see post #47 if you want to see what I was replying to...he asks the questions, I answer 'em, I don't know what his state of mind was, nor do I care to know :)

Ahh...i understand that...

Im pretty set now on my sub(IXL)

I was pretty set on jus running a single component set up front...no rear fill...but this isnt a TRUE SQ setup...so a rear fill wont be so bad...as long as i get a good set of speakers(probably another 6.5 component set)

Now....what type of amp would yall recommend if i went with a dual component set up or a single component setup?

PS...What is some good budget sound dampener...especially for a trunk?

Edited by kingsham

Ahh...i understand that...

Im pretty set now on my sub(IXL)

I was pretty set on jus running a single component set up front...no rear fill...but this isnt a TRUE SQ setup...so a rear fill wont be so bad...as long as i get a good set of speakers(probably another 6.5 component set)

Now....what type of amp would yall recommend if i went with a dual component set up or a single component setup?

PS...What is some good budget sound dampener...especially for a trunk?

Coax's will be more than enough for the rears and you'll probably end up running the gain lower on the rears, so they don't overpower the fronts. Especially if mounted in the rear deck reflecting off the glass.

Profile AP1040 is a solid budget amp that I've used on several installs. Many more out there of course, how much did you plan on spending for the amp?

I've had good luck with the aluminum foil peel & seal from Menard's/Home Depot. About $15 for a 6"x25' roll. Use brake cleaner to make all surfaces grease/dust free and overlap the ends by 1" or so if you can.

Others can comment on the mainstream deadeners and what's the least expensive that works well.

You won't gain anything from rears and will lose a bunch. Take your budget and apply it to the fronts instead.

No reason to buy a Profile in my book either. For the same money a used amplifier will do you better in the long run. They are budget amps and cut corners in a lot of places.

Also Raamat is more effective per dollar than Peel N Seal.

Guess you should just PM ///M5 since he has all the answers...

We have had this discussion both publicly and in PM's. To be fair you should really hold up your end of the conversation and listen to it just once the other way. Since you haven't how can you be in a place to recommend otherwise. Outbreaks like the above are not acceptable.

The IXL will "wow" and be a fun sub, the low lows should be nothing short of amazing.

Since M5 isn't allowed to answer questions by himself, i guess I'll throw in my 2 cents

Raamatt BXT is the best value in sound deadning. I have personally used the peal n seal and it does its job well but I will choose Raamatt next time. better product, longer lasting, and after its all said and done the price isn't too much more

Also, in all seriousness, rear fill is really pointless. When I'm riding in the back seat of a ride with rear fill I either ask them to fade it all to the front or I turn around and sit backwards in the seat. It is much more cost effective to put your money toward the front speaks, or use the money for rear fill to buy more deadner as your doors and truck will need as much as you can afford.

EDIT: Just noticed the car is not even a four door, which means its not even justifiable to get rear fill "for the sake of your passengers"

Edited by MKader17

I'd like to throw out there that my rear seat passengers receive just as good of sound staging & output as I do in my driver's seat. No rear fill.

Peel n Seal is pretty cheap....but i think ill get some ED eDead V1, that stuff looks like it is supposed to be sound deadener

Except it is worse than Peal & Seal.

Raamat at the very least... I would have used it or Second Skin if I lived south of the border.

Except it is worse than Peal & Seal.

x2 :+1:

stay away from eDead

:+1:

http://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/conclusion/

im sad to say...but i got my car this afternoon...it wont allow me to fit a 18 inch sub... :ughdunno::ughdunno:

i guess ill jus have to wait for the ixl 15...

I guess I'm just an ugly duckling in the bunch. I personally prefer more rear with a front fill than the other way around. I always found this type of fill to be more satisfying to the ear.

I do/did however like the sound coming from Puggsley's system though; and that only had fronts. Not enough mid-bass though and I made him aware of it too... :poop:

I guess I'm just an ugly duckling in the bunch. I personally prefer more rear with a front fill than the other way around. I always found this type of fill to be more satisfying to the ear.

I do/did however like the sound coming from Puggsley's system though; and that only had fronts. Not enough mid-bass though and I made him aware of it too... :poop:

he had all the bass that was needed fing05.gif whats mid bass? :P jk but im with you on the front\rear stage thing i feel the same way when it comes to sound quality i prefer more comming from the rear

Edited by ddeitz

well....it rained last night and i think water got in the doors...that is a problem...can be fix....but i think I AM A end up running a rear fill....6.5 component set

about the new edead its not the crap they used to make its butyl based, works alot better. (fyi) u can still hate just saying :P

The product may not be crap, but the owner still is :D