sundownz

Prototype Big Boy SPL Motor

so you think i could be fine with a optima yt up front + 2 maybe 3 hawker hx500 in the back with 4 amps?

If it were me I'd do more batteries - but on burps you can get away with less than "optimal"

It depends on the battery though right? Would 6 of a different battery hold better just wondering. I guess you may have recieved my e-mail by now Jacob.

Did some power clamping today with my new True Power (kW) meter:

+1 sub control = 151.3 dB / 2750 watts

+5 sub control = 153.9 dB / 7360 watts

+7 sub control = 154.1 dB / 8900 watts

+9 sub control = 154.3 dB / 9180 watts

These are not peak - these are actual True Power figures. Have to hold it for ~5 seconds to get a reading on the meter too.

I was just messing around with my new toy and didn't take it up to my highest score - but you get the idea :)

Total power between the two amps, by the way.

Only 9k watts? wtf

:P

Rise to 0.87 per amp - don't know on voltage drop exactly for THIS test but I've seen it go to 14.9 on other testing. I don't have enough eyes to watch another meter :)

These are not peak - these are actual True Power figures. Have to hold it for ~5 seconds to get a reading on the meter too.

I was just messing around with my new toy and didn't take it up to my highest score - but you get the idea :)

Excuse me, I did not understand this post. (they are Italian and translate with google)

the results are made with two amplifiers 3000? or 4?

+1 ...+ 5 ... +7 ... +9 ... What are they?

Two Amplifiers.

The +1, +5 and the sub level control on my head unit - I was turning the RCA voltage up on the head unit each time.

a ok ...

good result!

you have tested this subwoofer in a car that far above 70hz?

Example: fiat panda ... etc etc

No - I have only tested at 50 Hz or lower.

tries to prove too, with cars above 70hz ...

so see if the sub performs well even with high frequencies that ... very interested to competitor of spl

I don't know anyone here that plays at 70 Hz - but if I get those results in the future I will let you know.

I know that there are cars that do so but I do not have anyone around here that does 70 Hz :)

Once I have more in production I will be sure to find someone to test them as such.

ok, we hope that the product is also valid for that frequency range ..

we hope will be in production soon :D

This was done on a 16V system correct? 9k on a pair of 3000ds strapped is insane. Makes me wanna switch over to 16v setup but I already got (3) D3100s and a 300amp alt.

edit: what kinda meter do you have? I've never seen a handheld KW meter

Edited by culzero

Yes this was on 16v. Jacob has a bank of PowerMaster D1000s but no alternator to charge them yet so he's strictly off battery power for right now.

Jacob,

Our new van peaks at 58 hz and holds two 18's. It will put up some surprisingly loud #'s w/ low power. My team would love to test out some 18" prototypes w/ high power (4 AB 500.1's or 4 SAZ300d's) for you. Please get with me or Bud Ballinger if you're interested.

We don't have any extras at the moment Ben - but they will be available for the Team in the coming months.

We don't have any extras at the moment Ben - but they will be available for the Team in the coming months.

with 3 or 4" coil?