sundownz

Prototype Big Boy SPL Motor

hmmmmm any estimates on the "test" batch production time?? to see how much time i have to save lol

No, I have no estimates at this time.

okkk, thats good cuz that means i have time to save lol :P

Unfortunately I have to resort back to when everybody was raving about he new 5k amp and said ill buy 2 ill buy 1 ill buy 1. Seems like he would have PLENTY of orders but when Jacob opened up the pre-sale looks like alot of people were all talk. So yah i say just do a run of 100 and go from there.

presale for a 5k and i missed it?

I offered it because people were bugging me about it... then nobody was willing to put up the money.

So I shelved the idea and I am working on a totally different amp for something over the 3000D.

something arround 5kw that is still able to play music like the 3000d would be awesome

b4 i got the sundowns, i thought about the spl dynamics d5 or d7, they produce high power, but just don't sound good for music, and that goes for pretty much 80% of the 4000w+ amps

The amp I am working on is 4000 watts @ 0.01% THD and 12.0 volts supply - that clean enough ? For SPL burps... over 6000 watts, still all the way down to 12.0 volts (it is regulated, will not gain power with more voltage - just reduce current draw).

If we are lucky I'll have that out by June of 2009.

The amp I am working on is 4000 watts @ 0.01% THD and 12.0 volts supply - that clean enough ? For SPL burps... over 6000 watts, still all the way down to 12.0 volts (it is regulated, will not gain power with more voltage - just reduce current draw).

If we are lucky I'll have that out by June of 2009.

i want 2 of em with 2 of the big boys

i think that would make some fun :woot::foshizzle:

okokok :slayer:

will it take the twin SAZ 3000d strapped ?

For burps, no sweat. The goal is four 3000Ds on burps - that will largely depend on perfecting our assembly techniques - which I think we have, pending more testing.

The other goal is to play music on an SAZ-3000D cranked hard daily no sweat - which it seems to do nicely so far in testing.

that is my goal for next year ///

4x Saz 3000d amps on 1 18" Beast

i wanna do Usuck Street Beat 4 or 5

hello, I'm an Italian merchant and perhaps future dealer. I wanted to ask, this subwoofer spl big boy will be produced by sundown audio?

is available on request or is still only a prototype?

hello, I'm an Italian merchant and perhaps future dealer. I wanted to ask, this subwoofer spl big boy will be produced by sundown audio?

This model is still a prototype.

shame!

I wanted to absolutely prove it: D

what is expected to exit?

sundownz, you have msn?

shame!

I wanted to absolutely prove it: D

what is expected to exit?

sundownz, you have msn?

I am not sure on a release date for this one - we are testing quite a few new things with it.

I do not have an MSN account.

where you can be able to speak so fast?

chat in this forum can we talk?

I check my e-mail very often, that works quite well most times :)

jacob your gonna make me buy a van or an suv..... my chick is not gonna like you much longer! :shrug:

jacob your gonna make me buy a van or an suv..... my chick is not gonna like you much longer! :shrug:

Uh oh :lol:

SPL-X_1_web.jpg

10" diameter slugs, triple stacked.

The pole flare is a bit shallower and narrower than I wanted... but we'll see how it does with testing. I have the coils, spiders, cones, etc waiting for it here!

Picture is from the factory, it's on the way to me soon :)

Not showing the other side of the motor yet, sorry guys!

And before anyone asks... no ETA on production, I still haven't tested this prototype yet!

Any updates?

We've been testing on it hard :)

We will likely move this design to a 4" coil for production - so that pushes it back a bit. I am happy with it but want even more from it.