sundownz

Prototype Big Boy SPL Motor

ohh kool hope it works good cuz i might be buying one for nexta local season if it comes out by that time...hopefully this wont happen to the cone and coil :| Fotosfinalesdelestado08002.jpg

that was a 9918 and thats the result of putting bout 18k through it and thats a kevlar cone

Nice :)

It may take some further development in assembly techniques to perfect it but I do expect this driver to handle ridiculous amounts of power on burps by the time the design has been finalized.

Brandon tore it up this morning.

Coil did not thermal - but the "new" fiberglass former wrap from the coil manufacturer slid off the coil itself. I am contacting them to try to get the old style nomex material so I can begin testing again. You can see in Post #5 that the big coil has a fiberglass wrap as opposed to the more familiar brown "paper looking" nomex wrap... not liking the fiberglass stuff at all.

wwow

once the prototype get dialed in right.....omg jacob u goin to have a monster that very well could rival the ddz subs...u never know

jacob PLEASE call me we gotta have a pow wow cuz i got good news 4 ya and a couple questions

Good news :)

The coil manufacturer said they have seen this issue w/ the fiberglass before and they are working up some samples w/ the nomex spun-lace material. So, probably a few weeks then I'll be testing the beast more.

80INCHES, yes Jake knows a ton, I have picked his brain a few times, as well as Nick Lemmons from SI, they definitely know A TON about this stuff. I would love to get into a technical convo with them. I still can't believe that Jake is only 3 years older than I am, lol.

* Video of the Bronco playing with our secret extra 2/10ths of a dB siting on top. Our extra dBeez wants booty shorts and a tank top too *laughs*

Damnit Jacob....your gonna force me to get one of those.... fing05.gif

Oh, nice woofer too.. lool... I want one of those frickin woofers though!! Monster!!

hmm how much for those 2/10ths shipped to 00927 lol...jk...anyways what was the reading on the termlab i couldnt see it on the video..

80INCHES, yes Jake knows a ton, I have picked his brain a few times, as well as Nick Lemmons from SI, they definitely know A TON about this stuff. I would love to get into a technical convo with them. I still can't believe that Jake is only 3 years older than I am, lol.

o really...hmm i guess i have to take a crack at pickin his brain to see whats in there lolpicking_brain_lg_clr_10870.gif...im dying to know what he's thinking cuz whatever it is its producing awesome products

* Video of the Bronco playing with our secret extra 2/10ths of a dB siting on top. Our extra dBeez wants booty shorts and a tank top too *laughs*

i couldnt make out wat the meter read...what number at wat freq?

Looks to be a 143.3. Yay, I am louder ;)

cool jacob. really cool! dont suppose you have any pricing set out yet, do ya? and btw- still wanting those parts, just ran into some $$ flow issues.. at any rate, looks great man.

I'm only like 8 months older than you.

lmao.

Age is nothing but a number chief

Cool stuff with the cardboard jake

I'm only like 8 months older than you.

lmao.

Age is nothing but a number chief

Cool stuff with the cardboard jake

The young guys are taking over, eh ? :)

If it wasn't for that damned fiberglass collar stuff we'd still be testing it *laughs*

cool jacob. really cool! dont suppose you have any pricing set out yet, do ya? and btw- still wanting those parts, just ran into some $$ flow issues.. at any rate, looks great man.

No, don't really have any ideas on pricing set yet - obviously it would have to cost more than the Nightshade, but it'll be priced with the same formula as everything is based on my parts cost.