Mark LaFountain

The "X"con 12" prototype has arrived

LOL....I know.....they are HUGE ASS AMPS....

Rod sent me a teaser pic of my new amp to drool over while I wait for shipping.......

it's the little amp on the right.....

3129131_46_full.jpg

now all I need to do is add another alt and a row of batteries and some Xcons

Holy crap shoot batman. That thing is huge!!! Is the one on the left the 6000? And another thing, where on earth is the box in that pic??

Edited by bigbruno

I may have to rethink everything now that these are coming to fruition soon.

I like the CF cap

I think a pair of these 15's would love the AQ 3500 thats coming my way

Holy crap shoot batman. That thing is huge!!! Is the one on the left the 6000? And another thing, where on earth is the box in that pic??

he doesnt have any subs....

all front stage... lol

I think 18", 21", and 24" will be absolutely necessary ;)

If you offer to buy a 100 of each, I am sure I can help to make it happen.

what would u give ...ur 21" rims ... fing05.gif

Sean's basically pointing out that there isn't a big enough market to support the investment into those oversize types of woofers.

I'd expect SSA to offer 12", 15" and 18" at the max. Probably won't be a 10" since the motor is too big.

True.

I do think they need a 18" tho.

Including the fact we cannot afford the parts to go above an 18", nor the very few people who would actually have the room for such a large driver. We are a very small budget business, much tighter then people realize, so every penny counts, meaning we are bound by what we have access to at the moment.

i would be interested in running 21"s or better ..... could you guys do custom orders??

i would reallly love to have a 24"er, and am willing to pay for them ....

Sean's basically pointing out that there isn't a big enough market to support the investment into those oversize types of woofers.

I'd expect SSA to offer 12", 15" and 18" at the max. Probably won't be a 10" since the motor is too big.

True.

Including the fact we cannot afford the parts to go above an 18", nor the very few people who would actually have the room for such a large driver. We are a very small budget business, much tighter then people realize, so every penny counts, meaning we are bound by what we have access to at the moment.

i would be interested in running 21"s or better ..... could you guys do custom orders??

sorry, we cannot get our hands on baskets that big. You could deff get a deal on some IA 21" Death Penalty's though.

True.

sorry, we cannot get our hands on baskets that big. You could deff get a deal on some IA 21" Death Penalty's though.

could you guys use the IA baskets??

also, would these be able to handle 2500 - 3000 RMS daily??

It is not that easy to just use someone else's baskets. Also, we are not gearing or directing at people who are running that much power, we are after clean sound first and foremost. When you are sending 3000 or more watts to a single driver you are really getting away from focusing on clean sound production.

did you guys ever finalize a look, if so, can i get a teaser pic of the cone, as i am a rep and very interested in running them for my setup, and while were on that topic are the 18s 100 percent going to happen?

let me know both of you have my contact information.

We are expecting to hear back for sure about the dust cap here shortly. So we don't have a picture yet. But yes, 18's will be a part of the Xcon line up.

There is too much demand not to do 18's.

thanks for the heads up on 18s, will be waiting on news on the cones as i love the inverted look overthe traditional boob cone.

I wonder what two 18" would be like on the A3000gti ?.....LOL

what would u give ...ur 21" rims ... :bigclap:

True.

could you guys use the IA baskets??

also, would these be able to handle 2500 - 3000 RMS daily??

I know the IA baskets have a different bolt pattern than the normal 12 spoke.

Oh yikes!!

Prolly nuts

just imagine somewhere in the 150db range at 20hz.............

just imagine somewhere in the 150db range at 20hz.............

DO IT!!! I cant even imagine what that sounds like!

If we can fit it, would like to put a pair of Xcon 18's in Marks truck with a SAZ1500D on each. Maybe tune in about 29hz range. :)

If we can fit it, would like to put a pair of Xcon 18's in Marks truck with a SAZ1500D on each. Maybe tune in about 29hz range. :)

A video is deffinately a must then.

what the hell mark with 18s cant cant let him get away from his legendary 15s he is known for around here.

plus ever since iv known him he has always had 15's

i guess if it fits put them in and let them wang hard