Mark LaFountain

The "X"con 12" prototype has arrived

Is it a rebadged BTL?

:ohsnap:

Humm looks like it to me :foshizzle:

Edited by Silent

OK, i think this is my next sub. I've been all pumped up about the icons but for having a limited amount of space to work with this seems to be my best bet for a single 12 that i can give about 3 cubes gross. I know everything is in preliminary stages but was just curious if you feel that there is potential for this to be released before the new year?

Also, do you feel an SAZ-1500 will be enough power for this or should i be waiting on the SAZ-2k?

I am very eager to grab one of the first run when it is released so let me know if a preorder is going to be necessary and i'll be ready :)

We don't have a date set yet on production, but once we feel it is a go, it will be about 3 months to have all the parts ready. The 1500D is plenty of power, and as we are not finished abuse testing we cannot say yet if a 2000 watt amp will be ok.

I see, well i am very excited about it, i definitely will buy no matter how long the wait is so keep us posted :)

more videos soon, hopefully?

Mark might shoot a few more vids.

well as long as the dust cap doesnt affect performance, as i believe denim already says it doesnt if i remember correctly, i defidently vote for the dust cap, looks really cool to me, and if im able to afford these, ill throw my 18 out the window on the way to order me some

Looks real nice. I have an Icon 15 ported and it sounds great and all, however I miss having a sealed setup and was thinking of selling my Icon 15 and enclosure in favor of a pair of 12s sealed. I may be strongly considering a pair of these when they come out.

Edited by Jysoe

well as long as the dust cap doesnt affect performance, as i believe denim already says it doesnt if i remember correctly, i defidently vote for the dust cap, looks really cool to me, and if im able to afford these, ill throw my 18 out the window on the way to order me some

Part of the reason to use this dust cap is to visually differentiate the two drivers. And if specs are where we want them, an 18 will be for sure.

i say go with most simple dustcap possible.

I want CF , but i know what they cost and honestly dont find a DC worth an additional 30-40 dollars end user side

I want CF , but i know what they cost and honestly dont find a DC worth an additional 30-40 dollars end user side

Haha, we are not going to slap on $30-40 for a dust cap.

I like the dustcap on the X-con..

I'm not really a fan of the boob cones, like some of the RE subs had...

Are you guys gunna make some cheap woofers and call them the e-cons?

haha e-con, pretty funny but actually might be a good idea, i know its hard for my broke self to afford things at some times, but thanks for the confirmation denim, i will defidently have a 18 or 2 15s in my vehicle, no one from here has even heard of any company or anything thatll beat that hard before

Haha, we are not going to slap on $30-40 for a dust cap.

No DOUBT!

But if you ever want some I can definately make some sah-weet CF caps for 30 to 40 bucks.

We still have the 8" driver coming, and if there is demand it will have a 10/12 sibling, so that line will be named something along our scheme.

We still have the 8" driver coming, and if there is demand it will have a 10/12 sibling, so that line will be named something along our scheme.

I'll pm you where you can send the royalties...

:rofl2:

haha.

Bump for videos...and somewhere down the line, if you happen to have an extra prototype kicking around, i'd be glad to purchase it and abuse test for you. i drive 50,000 miles a year so i would spend as much time in a few months with it as most people spend in a year :)

The second 1/2 of the testing should start very shortly. :)

First listening test on this side of the country after 20 minutes.....

WOW!!!!! & HOLY CRAP!!

That is all for now.

so like I had an hour long conversation with Mark a couple of weeks ago ...from what I heard

the X-Con is going to be going into my install.....

I got room for two 12" and a much bigger amp :drink40:..

so like I had an hour long conversation with Mark a couple of weeks ago ...from what I heard

the X-Con is going to be going into my install.....

I got room for two 12" and a much bigger amp :drink40:..

Trevor, knowing how you tune and build your boxes, and the sound you like, if you are going big time power (above Icon limits) you are going to freaking love this thing.

I might need to get some local people to take a listen here soon. The response is extremely crisp in my sealed test boxes, zero note over hang or response delay. Yikes, this thing....