mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Just gotta love when a company leaves this forum only to start a new "Official" forum on another site! suicide-santa.gif

Who would that be?

DC I'm guessing?

Mach 5 Audio is now on CACO.

Just gotta love when a company leaves this forum only to start a new "Official" forum on another site! suicide-santa.gif

Who would that be?

DC I'm guessing?

No, not DC.

Who would that be?

DC I'm guessing?

Mach 5 Audio is now on CACO.

And that's as far as it goes on here because I am 100% sure there are only a few people who know all the details, and I can guarantee nobody in here does.

Boss 429 for me too please.

WITH TURBOZ!

500+ HP in a 3,000 lb. car ain't enough?

a Boss 429 Mustang is probably in the 3800 lb range

That's pretty heavy. My 68 Galaxy was a hair over 3800lbs with some gas, a big block, and stereo in it.

the big ass Boss heads have to add some heft and Mustangs were starting to get a little portly around '70 (when the 429 was introduced, right?)

The Boss 429 was produced in 69 and 70. Actually, the heads were probably the lightest part of the engine as they were aluminum. I have yet to see any hemi head in cast-iron. You're about spot on on the weight though. Everything on the Boss was heavy duty, and literally heavier to handle the extra weight, although I think the GT500s of the era could rival them in weight in convertible form. They only built them so they could use the engine for Nascar racing. It just so happened they worked well for drag racing also.

The Boss 302 was also made in the same years although it was made for Trans Am homologation purposes. It had the canted valve heads (cleveland) and a unique block and suspension.

The Boss 351 ended the name in 1971 and it used the 351 Cleveland which also used the canted valve heads.

Not many people know, but Ford also produced the 427 in Hemi form as well. It's most commonly referred to as the "Cammer." It was their first engine to use an OHC orientation.

I've always been attracted to a '70 Boss Mach 1, yellow with a black racing stripe :wub:

I had a step father growing up with a white '65 with a blue racing stripe, no clue what was in her though.

There was no Boss Mach 1. There was either the Boss or the Mach 1.

If the 65 was factory paint it was a Shelby GT350 which had a 289 HiPo.

Oh well I guess that is how it goes!

Still have the best vendors on this forum! SSA ftw!

Yes, we do and I don't want any BS starting over it. I know how people get, especially with the influx of new guys we have. We all know how easily and quickly this could spin out of control and piss people off. It's over and done with and nothing anyone can do about it.

Yes, we do and I don't want any BS starting over it. I know how people get, especially with the influx of new guys we have. We all know how easily and quickly this could spin out of control and piss people off. It's over and done with and nothing anyone can do about it.

Fair enough! Feel free to remove the post! Not trying to stir up trouble.

Going for a rip on the Lemond this morning :)

Any ideas where I can find such a connector ? I need both male and female

IMG_7326.jpg

Tried searching online but came up with either too small versions (under 5A) or too big (over 50A) :(

Kragens, Checkers, or your local automotive store, maybe. Have you checked there yet?

Kragens, Checkers won't work. I'm on the other side of the globe :P

Local electric shops are clueless. Only version I found online (that I can order) is something small, for 18ga. I need up to 12ga.

Kragens, Checkers won't work. I'm on the other side of the globe :P

Local electric shops are clueless. Only version I found online (that I can order) is something small, for 18ga. I need up to 12ga.

Whoops! Haha didnt remember that. I seen it before too. Transylvania, right?

Sucks man. Probably have to keep hunting the net. Have you tried the mail order automotive stores like Summit?

anyone know how accurate dyno simulation software is?

Drywall is up and the first coat of mud is on.

Not reading, catch up later. Just had to post pics so no one bitched.

p3260020.jpg

20 miles kicked my ass today. :fing34:

Hope my ass allows me to go tomorrow.

I guessed a little wrong to compensate for the stem I thought was a bit long for me. Amusingly that means my stomach, hands, arms, and legs are equally tired. Coughed up 10 cartons of smokes I think too. Looking forward to getting beyond the pathetic out of shape mode. :)

Boss 429 for me too please.

WITH TURBOZ!

500+ HP in a 3,000 lb. car ain't enough?

a Boss 429 Mustang is probably in the 3800 lb range

That's pretty heavy. My 68 Galaxy was a hair over 3800lbs with some gas, a big block, and stereo in it.

the big ass Boss heads have to add some heft and Mustangs were starting to get a little portly around '70 (when the 429 was introduced, right?)

The Boss 429 was produced in 69 and 70. Actually, the heads were probably the lightest part of the engine as they were aluminum. I have yet to see any hemi head in cast-iron. You're about spot on on the weight though. Everything on the Boss was heavy duty, and literally heavier to handle the extra weight, although I think the GT500s of the era could rival them in weight in convertible form. They only built them so they could use the engine for Nascar racing. It just so happened they worked well for drag racing also.

The Boss 302 was also made in the same years although it was made for Trans Am homologation purposes. It had the canted valve heads (cleveland) and a unique block and suspension.

The Boss 351 ended the name in 1971 and it used the 351 Cleveland which also used the canted valve heads.

Not many people know, but Ford also produced the 427 in Hemi form as well. It's most commonly referred to as the "Cammer." It was their first engine to use an OHC orientation.

I've always been attracted to a '70 Boss Mach 1, yellow with a black racing stripe :wub:

I had a step father growing up with a white '65 with a blue racing stripe, no clue what was in her though.

There was no Boss Mach 1. There was either the Boss or the Mach 1.

If the 65 was factory paint it was a Shelby GT350 which had a 289 HiPo.

I stand corrected!

Yes it was factory paint, is the GT350 anything special? I loved the thing.

Hope my ass allows me to go tomorrow.

I guessed a little wrong to compensate for the stem I thought was a bit long for me. Amusingly that means my stomach, hands, arms, and legs are equally tired. Coughed up 10 cartons of smokes I think too. Looking forward to getting beyond the pathetic out of shape mode. smile.gif

Hahaha! I know the feeling! Just got the mountain bike out today and now I am paying for it! Nice bike btw!

Any ideas where I can find such a connector ? I need both male and female

IMG_7326.jpg

Tried searching online but came up with either too small versions (under 5A) or too big (over 50A) :(

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/PCO-5863PT

Just look for weather proof connectors.