mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Can't believe I forgot our 1/4 scale tractor team is in that list as well, they are surprisingly good and have won the international competition the last couple years.

While Ivies like Harvard, Princeton, and Yale are bleeding endowment money in the market downturn, their graduating seniors are facing a decimated job market upon graduation. What to do? "Prompted by inequalities in American society

MakersMark_750.gif

A round for all the men, women, and animals serving our Armed Forces, past present and future.

Can't believe I forgot our 1/4 scale tractor team is in that list as well, they are surprisingly good and have won the international competition the last couple years.

We competed in that as well. i was thinking about that but you can use as many 10HP engines as you want (so long as you don't break the weight limit). We definitely don't have that kind of money here.

We competed in that as well. i was thinking about that but you can use as many 10HP engines as you want (so long as you don't break the weight limit). We definitely don't have that kind of money here.

We use 4 of them, and if I remember right, they are donated. What do you guys compete in over there?

im an ee

but i know they do the steel bridge, and the canoe, and mike can chime in on the rest

I really don't know much else we may participate in. The Engines have to be bought from B&S (Special ones marked so you can't tamper with them) but I'm sure they could have found someone to foot the bill

We can't participate in too much shit. We would run out of people! :lol2:

Didn't realize you guys only had 8,000 enrolled in the school, we are at like 23,000

You guys trump us in concrete canoe, our team utterly sucks. :)

probably 8000 of them are useless though :P

80% eh? Sounds bout right...

probably 8000 of them are useless though :P

80% eh? Sounds bout right...

ya 8000 of my closets brothers dawg :ehh:

We use 4 of them, and if I remember right, they are donated. What do you guys compete in over there?

as far as I know KU only does the open wheel racer. :( We are the lose I guess.

If a gearbox is a 2.68:1 Ratio and the Rear driveshaft gears are 3.10 what is the total reduction that I would have to use with using chain and sprockets...

unless i'm reading that wrong, what are you trying to achieve?

http://www.car-videos.net/tools/speedrpm.asp

x2 :+1:

not exactly following you here

The CVT transmission takes care of the "gears" so most ATV's have a Gearcase with H/L/N/R then an output shaft to a rear differential. I want to skip the gearcase and rear differential completely by just using sprockets to achieve my gear ratio. I will lose the ability to have a L/N/R. Reverse being most important but I will also lose a substantial amount of weight and the ability to just switch sprockets for a different gear ratio. It will also be much cheaper.

That being said, the "transmission" Polaris shows in their parts list has a gear ratio of 2.68:1 in high range, and the rear differential has a ratio of 3.10:1. I was just curious what the overall gear reduction between those 2 equaled. (What big sprocket and little sprocket I would need to achieve the same ratio)

uh, you'll just need gears with diameters of a ratio of 8.308:1

tractors, in Kansas.....

lies

Just remember to find someone who can weld that is on the team.

I wish I had a welder. I've been designing brackets for the UGV, and I know someone's going to want to machine them. Bitch please, a jigsaw, drill press, and MIG welder, and I could make it in less than 20 minutes.

Didn't realize you guys only had 8,000 enrolled in the school, we are at like 23,000

<--- over 64,000 here (across 4 campuses)