mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Anyone ever watch the show Renovation Realities on DIY? I can't believe how stupid people can be. "Oh yeah, I can build that. What's a screwdriver?"

I do dealings with those people occasionally. They are getting masters in engineering. :(

That's something else I wish I could fit into my resume. "Actually knows how to use a welding machine."

welding "machine" ?

drove the Taurus home after a concert once, had water all the way up to the rocker panels, trucks going way too fucking fast constantly throwing water over the hood, but it got us home without a whimper damnit

Anyone ever watch the show Renovation Realities on DIY? I can't believe how stupid people can be. "Oh yeah, I can build that. What's a screwdriver?"

I do dealings with those people occasionally. They are getting masters in engineering. :(

That's something else I wish I could fit into my resume. "Actually knows how to use a welding machine."

welding "machine" ?

Least I'm not the only one who found that as an odd way to describe it, although perfectly accurate and correct.

welding "machine" ?

some call them welding machines, some call them welders

like saying hot water heater :lol2:

It drives me up a wall when people call anything done on a lathe 'lathing'.

Welding machine to me implies automation, ie you aren't the one doing the welding.

Not saying it isn't correct, but I can tell you what they'd say at my customers. The surely wouldn't call a TiG/MIG a machine unless there was a robot connected to it.

Personally I don't want any company that is big. I want to have my own means and have something small enough I can do the work myself (or have a good hand in), stay honest, make a quality product and be happy with what I put out.

I tend to agree, the companies in dollars I cited aren't very large. $100M should be less than 250 people with a breakdown of 50 engineers/software, 50 office staff/production, and the rest in sales.

I completely misread your initial post; honestly don't know what I read it as...maybe 10-100B or something...try checking out http://www.theladders.com/ just for shits and giggles would be my recommendation...

I call them sparkers.

Not saying it isn't correct, but I can tell you what they'd say at my customers. The surely wouldn't call a TiG/MIG a machine unless there was a robot connected to it.

Indeed.

Robot welding is cool, Friction Stir welding is downright awesome though.

I call them sparkers.

I don't see sparks with Tig. :P

I call them sparkers.

I don't see sparks with Tig. :P

Hey, it still arcs.

Was at a plant doing isothermal forging last Thursday, that also was really cool.

Personally I don't want any company that is big. I want to have my own means and have something small enough I can do the work myself (or have a good hand in), stay honest, make a quality product and be happy with what I put out.

I tend to agree, the companies in dollars I cited aren't very large. $100M should be less than 250 people with a breakdown of 50 engineers/software, 50 office staff/production, and the rest in sales.

I completely misread your initial post; honestly don't know what I read it as...maybe 10-100B or something...try checking out http://www.theladders.com/ just for shits and giggles would be my recommendation...

why am I quoting you? cuz I am going to bed, i'll look at the link tomorrow.

g'night! off to NM in the AM.

Was at a plant doing isothermal forging last Thursday, that also was really cool.

Ever see them refuel a nuclear reactor? That's what they're doing here right now; refueling and maintenance

Will be nice when they get the two new reactors in, then my parents can sell this house and retire up by the rest of our family...

Won again on a Full Tilt Tournament. :woot:

Yes I'm only putting in $2.25 but it is fun to 10x your investment in less than 2 hours :P

oh and if you haven't already, Kader, you should check out the nuclear industry. They always need competent engineers :)

my classes are filled with them :(

kader sorry to hear about Exxon.

Up until a few years ago I had got every single job I truely applied for other than one that I was not qualified for in truth.

Chase something that is important to you and again, set goals. Things will work out then.

<-- has never applied for a job I haven't gotten.

Which is exactly why I should go apply for something new, only to shoot the moon. Someone encourage me.

Double dog dare you.

Find one for me to apply to :P

General Dynamics, Dell and Lockheed are looking for senior positions to fill down here in TX :lol2:

know if they're looking for any entry level positions?:D

finally caught up with the hop after getting back from visiting my gf in pittsburgh (3.5 hours away)

Gee imagine that, a deadening question an no response from Ant

haha owned!!!

i think you made him cry m5 :(

ROFL

Stopped at O'reilly to borrow the code reader since the CEL is on in the truck.

Misfire on cyl 3. Asked the guy which one was cylinder 3 on an LS, no one there had any idea :eek:

2nd one from the front, driver's side

Thanks, figured they counted differently than what I was used to. Time to pull the plug.

all SBCs are odd numbers on the drivers side, even on the passengers, counting from the front

if it hasn't been done, plugs/wires would probably be a good idea

Hasn't been done, but being for sale it might just get one plug. Could be a mucky injector I suppose, haven't bothered to look or worry about it as it is pretty intermiddent.

Hmm, mucky injector = time for an italian tune-up ? :P

Italian tune up? Isn't that a rebuild?

It's not a rebuild :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian_tuneup

Nice end in the F1 race at interlagos. I'm starting to like watching F1 again. Missed a lot during Schumacher's last years, everybody was talking only about him...

Next year is going to be anybody's race at any time.

It kind of was this year too.

Also something I look for in potential employees. If you are the same as someone else and they play an instrument, you lose.

I can play the stereo, does that count ? :P