mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

kader sorry to hear about Exxon.

Up until a few years ago I had got every single job I truely applied for other than one that I was not qualified for in truth.

Chase something that is important to you and again, set goals. Things will work out then.

I have some big ol' shrimp shipped from my family in Louisiana thawing out in my refrigerator. What is a good yet simple way to make them? Not sure if I want to put them in anything or just eat them alone. I think they are kinda too big to put in anything, though of course I could chop them up.

When I make shrimp, I either put them on the grill or in a pan on the stove and throw some butter, garlic seasoning and some pepper for seasoning and let them do some sauteeing in there (just depends if its a quick meal or a big dinner). I guess it also depends on your taste or preference too.

Didn't read this, but want to clarify that fresh garlic is really the key in what I recommended. Garlic powder is an alternative but you have to use way less as it tastes synthetic. I only use powder in rubs actually.

Appreciate ya for the input, I love to learn how to become a better cook. I dont buy fresh garlic, but maybe i will start and yeah I only use a little bit of garlic salt when I do use it because you dont need to much. I forgot about broiling them also. fing05.gif

NEVER use garlic salt. Garlic powder and kosher salt separately that way you can control seasoning and flavor independently. ;)

I swear the best gimmick of the world is selling people lots of salt and water

Especially when the salt is shitty and ruined and the water is less safe than the tap. Actually just goes to show how fucking stupid the American consumer is. There are a few things about Europe I REALLY wish we absorbed better, but it is all related to people and not geography.

I have Kosher salt and just push that to the back of my seasoning cabinet but tomorrow when I make some baked chicken I will try this process of Kosher salt, garlic powder instead of how I usually do it. Just curious what would you use when you bake chicken?

I don't use the oven so much, but grill/bake you can season the same.

If you are doing low heat (ie <400) you need some browning agent to crisp up the skin. Butter/bacon fat combo are my personal favorites. Kosher of course. Outside of that it depends on what I am serving it with, but I paprika regularly comes to the party. It also helps in the browning. You can also do a flash browning, ie get your oven up to 450 and put in the chicken and turn the temp down to 350-375 and go from there.

What exactly is kosher? are you jewish :P

Up until a few years ago I had got every single job I truely applied for other than one that I was not qualified for in truth.

Chase something that is important to you and again, set goals. Things will work out then.

<-- has never applied for a job I haven't gotten.

Which is exactly why I should go apply for something new, only to shoot the moon. Someone encourage me.

I have Kosher salt and just push that to the back of my seasoning cabinet but tomorrow when I make some baked chicken I will try this process of Kosher salt, garlic powder instead of how I usually do it. Just curious what would you use when you bake chicken?

I don't use the oven so much, but grill/bake you can season the same.

If you are doing low heat (ie <400) you need some browning agent to crisp up the skin. Butter/bacon fat combo are my personal favorites. Kosher of course. Outside of that it depends on what I am serving it with, but I paprika regularly comes to the party. It also helps in the browning. You can also do a flash browning, ie get your oven up to 450 and put in the chicken and turn the temp down to 350-375 and go from there.

What exactly is kosher? are you jewish :P

Front half of the animal

Especially when the salt is shitty and ruined and the water is less safe than the tap. Actually just goes to show how fucking stupid the American consumer is. There are a few things about Europe I REALLY wish we absorbed better, but it is all related to people and not geography.

Social liberal fiscal conservitism.

Actually just because it was originally used for making meat kosher.

Social liberal fiscal conservitism.

HELLS YES. The problem is that the fiscal conservatism has to win here because the liberals are so far the opposite.

Which is exactly why I should go apply for something new, only to shoot the moon. Someone encourage me.

Double dog dare you.

I love my job I love my life

Double dog dare you.

Find one for me to apply to :P

ok gents. Bed time is early for me I think.

If you don't see me later. Have a great night.

Double dog dare you.

I wasn't the one going out asking for challenges. Don't make me do the leg work.

:P

Hmm, mucky injector = time for an italian tune-up ? :P

Great metaphor!

:stirs the pot:

I will let you know if I see something that I think would suite you however. I'm just rarely looking at jobs in the tax bracket that I assume your tax bracket is.

Then again assumption is the mother of all fook ups. You could make mimimum wage and just be good at investing and saving!

"The hardest thing in the world to understand is the income tax."

Double dog dare you.

I wasn't the one going out asking for challenges. Don't make me do the leg work.

But that was the challenge. :P

Jobs I would consider would be running a company that does $10-100M/yr. If I am not the one calling the shots for the whole deal, it would have to be a Sales Director position for a >$15M company with huge upside.

Double dog dare you.

But that was the challenge. :P

per request i encouraged.

I am merely a muse. And feeling a bit like Puck tonight and full of unruly mischeif.................................. and some booze....

Truly enjoy my job, like my life, don't play an instrument though but have done a lot of and still dabble in a sport where the mental and concentration game trumps all.

*can never see Sean making minimum wage*

Thanks, made more than that when I was 11.

Truly enjoy my job, like my life, don't play an instrument though but have done a lot of and still dabble in a sport where the mental and concentration game trumps all.

Skin flute?

Jobs I would consider would be running a company that does $10-100M/yr. If I am not the one calling the shots for the whole deal, it would have to be a Sales Director position for a >$15M company with huge upside.

I have zero desire for a job such as that. Stick me in a shop and give me a slightly absurd list of stuff you want built. :)