mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

I'm old compared to you guys though too.

I didn't see any walkers or canes when I was up at your house, did you hide them that well?

Maybe not mature though :D

Growing old is mandatory, up is optional.

kader sorry to hear about Exxon.

Up until a few years ago I had got every single job I truely applied for other than one that I was not qualified for in truth.

Chase something that is important to you and again, set goals. Things will work out then.

<-- has never applied for a job I haven't gotten.

Which is exactly why I should go apply for something new, only to shoot the moon. Someone encourage me.

Double dog dare you.

Find one for me to apply to :P

General Dynamics, Dell and Lockheed are looking for senior positions to fill down here in TX :lol2:

They are all too big to hand me the whole reigns. My next step I want to make all the decisions I want as I am sick of idiots slowing me down. I might eat my own words but I am okay with that.

The 880 came in yesterday and my tile saw should be here tomorrow!

I didn't see any walkers or canes when I was up at your house, did you hide them that well?

Definitely

Fack. My whole life I've hung out with people significantly older and more mature. Now I've eliminated older. :Doh:

I've always hung out with people older than myself, just seemed to get along better.

Now all I need is a TC!

Is the install for the 880 related to the tile saw?

*excited*

Now all I need is a TC!

What kind of TC and whats it going in? :)

I learned through a lot of trial and error (and about 3 or 4 trips to the ER) what my future career goals would be

it also helped a lot (for me anyways) to ask "what don't I want to do for a living" instead of "what do I want to do for a living"

Ryan, I have to agree with you. A former boss offered me a job running the shop I used to work at. Couldn'd do it. I have to do something with my hands. As a matter of fact, a lot of my job now involves paperwork and computer work and I do as much as I can to not have to do any of it. I'd rather be knee deep fixing a sewer line that sitting behind a desk. A big check would be nice, but my source of satisfaction is to step back, look at something and go, "I did that."

This is true. I'm living that right now. However being on top of a corporation and helping to guide it allows you to have the "I did that." also.

Right now I'm a CSR basically. Massively over paid and WAY more overly qualified. To put it in perspective I worked with a director of half of the nation for a huge security firm, a guy who ran exactly what our office does.... only for a large PART OF THE NAVY!

The girls who watch more face book than get things done and talk about dancing with the stars will acheive more than I ever will in the envoriment I am in. This dynamic promotes based on the ability to pass the buck.

Is the install for the 880 related to the tile saw?

*excited*

That would be nice, but no. It's to replace the POS Alpine in the DD so I can have a decent tuner.

Now all I need is a TC!

Turbo Coupe :drink40:

HEY! I have a cane and a walker at my house and I just graduated from college! :lol2:

I learned through a lot of trial and error (and about 3 or 4 trips to the ER) what my future career goals would be

it also helped a lot (for me anyways) to ask "what don't I want to do for a living" instead of "what do I want to do for a living"

I know I don't want to have any dealings with livestock for the rest of my life.

Now all I need is a TC!

Turbo Coupe :drink40:

Nice!

*offtopic* My boss's son learned years ago that to big of an engine on the wrong kind of torque converter will flatten the vanes out on it... But he was at that time running somewhere upwards of 1,500hp though...

Somedays it isn't worth it. The travel at the moment is a bitch. If there is something that will "encourage" me to change that is exactly what it will be.

I'm at a point in my life where yes i would miss my wife, but I would RELISH the travel. I love planes, I love airports, I love the motion and the constant sense of being aware and how connected I feel with the whole population when ever I travel. Maybe not forever, but when I was cut, that particular mold was also put out and it's a great match. My wife may think differently though.

I bet mini me at home makes it tough too!

Anyone ever watch the show Renovation Realities on DIY? I can't believe how stupid people can be. "Oh yeah, I can build that. What's a screwdriver?"

not that I'm a pessimistic asshole who finds an excuse to not pursue something, I'm just realistic :P

Not enough depth perception to be a professional athlete

Too much self preservation instinct to be a stuntman/extreme sportsman

Not enough patience to do anything extremely detail oriented

No desire to be a nurse, doctor, or surgeon

Too lazy and intelligent for blue collar slave labor (as a career, not as a stepping stone to something better)

etc.

kader sorry to hear about Exxon.

Up until a few years ago I had got every single job I truely applied for other than one that I was not qualified for in truth.

Chase something that is important to you and again, set goals. Things will work out then.

<-- has never applied for a job I haven't gotten.

Which is exactly why I should go apply for something new, only to shoot the moon. Someone encourage me.

Double dog dare you.

Find one for me to apply to :P

General Dynamics, Dell and Lockheed are looking for senior positions to fill down here in TX :lol2:

They are all too big to hand me the whole reigns. My next step I want to make all the decisions I want as I am sick of idiots slowing me down. I might eat my own words but I am okay with that.

If you are like me, or rather myself like you, I bet you get revved up at the thought of slicing through stagnant issues and shitty ethics and pulling forward a dieing buisness model.

I stay awake thinking about that, especially if I have had some cocktails....

Anyone ever watch the show Renovation Realities on DIY? I can't believe how stupid people can be. "Oh yeah, I can build that. What's a screwdriver?"

I do dealings with those people occasionally. They are getting masters in engineering. :(

Somedays it isn't worth it. The travel at the moment is a bitch. If there is something that will "encourage" me to change that is exactly what it will be.

I'm at a point in my life where yes i would miss my wife, but I would RELISH the travel. I love planes, I love airports, I love the motion and the constant sense of being aware and how connected I feel with the whole population when ever I travel. Maybe not forever, but when I was cut, that particular mold was also put out and it's a great match. My wife may think differently though.

I bet mini me at home makes it tough too!

Travel is fun at first, but eentually you get sick of it.

Personally I don't want any company that is big. I want to have my own means and have something small enough I can do the work myself (or have a good hand in), stay honest, make a quality product and be happy with what I put out.

sounds like a good show.