mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

I know nobody cares, but I just broke in to the top 10,000 over all BOINC Distributed computing crunchers world wide. Apparently there is 1.9 million users world wide, so it is a fairly nice milestone. :woot:

Mark has donated some of his computing power and it has been a big help. I would love to see if handful of other SSA people could donate some of their unused processor cycles towards great causes like medical research, disease research, nano magnetic engineering, deep space mapping, quantum chemistry, protein folding, microscopic lattice evolution, prime number searches, artificial intelligence, and so on.

:)

WTF does any of that mean?

I know nobody cares, but I just broke in to the top 10,000 over all BOINC Distributed computing crunchers world wide. Apparently there is 1.9 million users world wide, so it is a fairly nice milestone. :woot:

Mark has donated some of his computing power and it has been a big help. I would love to see if handful of other SSA people could donate some of their unused processor cycles towards great causes like medical research, disease research, nano magnetic engineering, deep space mapping, quantum chemistry, protein folding, microscopic lattice evolution, prime number searches, artificial intelligence, and so on.

There are numerous science, medical and research projects that just don't have the computing power to process (crunch) the mountains of data that they have to work through. Meaning, they split the data up into little work units, and they are farmed out across the world through the BOINC software and close to 2 million people (nearly 10 to 15 times that number for total computers). Once the little work units are received by the individual computers across the world, they process the data and once finished, submit the results back to the project host. For the most part, after the set up, there is almost no work on my end, it is nearly 100% automated. So since my computers run 24/7, when I am not on them using them, they donate processor time. It gives me some sort of a warm fuzzy as I am contributing to great efforts since I cannot donate money. Hope that makes sense.

^^ Similar to how Skynet destroys the world :)

Does anyone have a carfax they'd be willing to donate to me?

wow.. that old man gets em

I TOLD YOU DON'T FUCK WITH ME!

Just watched that. Love it, especially the attitude from the women talking trash before then wanted to press charges after the beating. :lol2:

The old dude should press charges.

No way. He handled it like a man, unlike the punk. That's the problem with society today. It's done and over with, even though the guy who got his ass beat will remain bitter. No need to tie up the courts and waste tax dollars on it.

Agreed completely and realize my post didn't read that way. My point was more that if either does he'll win or better. Be a shit shame if it were the other way.

wait, was that Mustang a GT or a Shelby?

if it was just a GT, then yes, they're slow

if it was a Shelby, then I suppose they're kind of quick

Shelby GT five hundo.

ok so the 2008 GT500s run the 1/4 in 12.6, 12.8, 12.9 (looked at a number of sources to find a spectrum of results)

and the 2010s run in the 12.4, 12.5 range

high 12's is bolt-on LS1 F-body territory, low 12's is bolt-ons, stalled, and geared LS1 F-body territory

for what the GT500 should be, yeah, it's only kind of quick

You're comparing apples to oranges. The F-body is what 7-800lbs lighter. If you want to make that comparison, take the drivetrain from the Shelby and put it in a Fox body. You instantly have a 10 second car.

I am making an apples to oranges comparison, but not in the way you're thinking. The Shelby is not a production Ford vehicle. It'd be more appropriate it compare it to one of the Berger Camaros.

And weight is a factor of the car, you can't use that as an excuse. My Impala would be a 12 second car too if it dropped 2000 lbs.

I'm not using weight as an excuse, just simply pointing out the fact why the Shelby is slower than the F-body. It's the same reason the new Camaro is slower, they're both too heavy.

The GT500 IS a Ford vehicle BTW. It's produced on the same line as every Mustang. The only thing Shelby about it is the name. You can get them from Shelby though with a multitude of upgrades.

Yep, they're all too heavy. I think it's a complete shame they (Mustang or new Camaro) can't be faster than a '02 Z28

Ah, did not know that. Can they be bought at any Ford dealership though?

wait, was that Mustang a GT or a Shelby?

if it was just a GT, then yes, they're slow

if it was a Shelby, then I suppose they're kind of quick

Shelby GT five hundo.

ok so the 2008 GT500s run the 1/4 in 12.6, 12.8, 12.9 (looked at a number of sources to find a spectrum of results)

and the 2010s run in the 12.4, 12.5 range

high 12's is bolt-on LS1 F-body territory, low 12's is bolt-ons, stalled, and geared LS1 F-body territory

for what the GT500 should be, yeah, it's only kind of quick

You're comparing apples to oranges. The F-body is what 7-800lbs lighter. If you want to make that comparison, take the drivetrain from the Shelby and put it in a Fox body. You instantly have a 10 second car.

I am making an apples to oranges comparison, but not in the way you're thinking. The Shelby is not a production Ford vehicle. It'd be more appropriate it compare it to one of the Berger Camaros.

And weight is a factor of the car, you can't use that as an excuse. My Impala would be a 12 second car too if it dropped 2000 lbs.

I'm not using weight as an excuse, just simply pointing out the fact why the Shelby is slower than the F-body. It's the same reason the new Camaro is slower, they're both too heavy.

The GT500 IS a Ford vehicle BTW. It's produced on the same line as every Mustang. The only thing Shelby about it is the name. You can get them from Shelby though with a multitude of upgrades.

Yep, they're all too heavy. I think it's a complete shame they (Mustang or new Camaro) can't be faster than a '02 Z28

They can be ordered from any Ford dealership I'm pretty sure. My uncle owns the local dealership and just bought a 2010 Shelby. Already has the bigger SC on it and the entire upgraded fuel, intake, and exhaust system. Shelby claims that this makes 770HP!...I'll get a ride this spring. I'll take a video too for you guys. :P

They were select to SVT dealers, but I have seen them at normal Ford dealers.

They can be ordered from any Ford dealership I'm pretty sure. My uncle owns the local dealership and just bought a 2010 Shelby. Already has the bigger SC on it and the entire upgraded fuel, intake, and exhaust system. Shelby claims that this makes 770HP!...I'll get a ride this spring. I'll take a video too for you guys. :P

He bought a SuperSnake. They're already overpowered with the 540, so tell him to immediately invest in rear suspension upgrades or to be very easy on the throttle.

He bought a SuperSnake. They're already overpowered with the 540, so tell him to immediately invest in rear suspension upgrades or to be very easy on the throttle.

Well, he bought it as a GT500. If those upgrades that they did at the shop make it a SS, then it is. I'm pretty sure they've done the suspension the whole way around too. Slipped my mind. The mechanic that does the work said that it will EASILY break the tires loose at 80mph.

He babies his cars though, hardly runs them. He also has a Cobra kit car that he did. I don't have a picture of that on this phone though. Red with the white stripe up the hood.

496337920_1744139152_0.jpeg?limitsize=345,345&outquality=56&ext=.jpg&border=2,0,0,0

Oh and the on-air dump on valentine's day is a repost :P

:( still was funny!

Adrian you broke lil' Rob's heart!

Definitely want to invest in tires from what I've read

My new backround: supersnake---01.jpg

My new backround

That has got to be the sexiest car ive seen in a LONG time..

i completely forgot about doing this. get me the info to get this set up, i got quite a bit of spare power lol....

If you are a woman, and your period starts unexpectedly, do NOT use anti-viral Kleenex as an emergency pad. The middle antiviral layer has citric acid in it.

When filling out forms in customs, at the question “Have you been diagnosed with TB in the past 12 months?” Answering, “No, but I did pick up a touch of Ebola during a visit to the Congo last year…” is not clever. Customs has no… *NO* sense of humour.

Never, under any circumstances take laxatives and a sleeping pill on the same night.

3am wake up for work tomorrow. Ugh, I hate this whole being a grown up thing. It's overrated.

I saw a few pages back somebody refer to a "reverse snuggie"... wouldn't that be a XXL bathrobe?

that was the point.... :eek:

There are numerous science, medical and research projects that just don't have the computing power to process (crunch) the mountains of data that they have to work through. Meaning, they split the data up into little work units, and they are farmed out across the world through the BOINC software and close to 2 million people (nearly 10 to 15 times that number for total computers). Once the little work units are received by the individual computers across the world, they process the data and once finished, submit the results back to the project host. For the most part, after the set up, there is almost no work on my end, it is nearly 100% automated. So since my computers run 24/7, when I am not on them using them, they donate processor time. It gives me some sort of a warm fuzzy as I am contributing to great efforts since I cannot donate money. Hope that makes sense.

How can I help? I've got 1Ghz+ of processing that can be used!

Poast poast poast and off to cut some mdf rings and work on 2 enclosures.

The blood work from my physical came back good. I have low cholesterol, it's like 132. They didn't break it down into good and bad cholesterol, which I wish they did. My brother said he has low good cholesterol and that he thinks it runs in our family. But my red blood cell count is a tad low as well. Not sure why.

But they said I may need to see an audiologist because the hearing test they did wasn't so good. Apparently my hearing starts rolling off decently under 1khz. But I think their test room was bogus. It was just a little telephone booth that was supposed to be soundproof, but wasn't. I could hear a number of mechanical grumbles. Plus their headphones sucked, they were just little things with a little bit of foam. I easily could not have had them in all the way. I'm not saying I may not have some hearing loss in low frequencies, I'm sure I do from this stereo stuff. I just don't think it's as severe as they think it is.

Gotta love Dr.s. I gotta go get my junk scoped next week.............fun,fun.