mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Federal land doesn't have that regulation btw.

Definitely smoke. And those recipes you have are jacked. Meat doesn't pick up smoke very well unless it is cold. You always smoke first, add heat later.

I'd do them flat out at 220F. Give them 6 hours of time. If they are done in 4 no worries, if they aren't you have time to finish them. Check them at 3 and if they are starting to separate from the bone shut the temp down. When it gets to 140, take them out and hold them at 140 in the oven covered with foil until you eat. If they aren't coming off you can turn the temp up to medium to finish them.

Personally I'd brine them the night before, and rub them before plopping them on the smoker.

Yummy!

Thanks :). I was wondering what kind of marinade I should use. You just use salt? That's easy enough. I'm a bit worried about trying anything fancy since some new friends are coming over and I don't know their tastes, plus I'm not sure how the grill will act so I kinda want to keep it simple for starters. But I love bbq sauce so I'm sure i'll spread some of that on there towards the end of cooking.

No marinade, they are ribs :)

Brine is basically some form of salt and some form of sugar. I am not one for measuring so much, but if you ask nice and tell me what size vessel I could give you some idea.

As for the rub, salt is part of it. I also like things like: paprika, brown sugar, red chiles (dried & ground), garlic, pepper, mustard, cumin, cayenne, onion, thyme, sage

Most important are: brown sugar, garlic, paprika, and chili (not american chili powder please)

And obviously Kosher salt. I prefer to make my rubs salt free so I can control the salt.

den = primered

now to spot primer the office

I shouldn't say that the den is done quite yet because we have to prime the ceiling

but the walls are done, as is the office, so for now, done until Saturday ^_^

repost because its still funny as fuck

Better than a 6-12pack of Mt Dew a day. Changed to stop ingesting crap and found out I like it even more.

Great coffee is wonderful followed by bubbly water. There IS a reason most of the world prefers it, amusing it took me until a year ago to hop on board.

Do you have a carbonater how to? Me and my wife go through a liter a day or so. It sucks going to whole foods all the time.

:(

Better than a 6-12pack of Mt Dew a day. Changed to stop ingesting crap and found out I like it even more.

Great coffee is wonderful followed by bubbly water. There IS a reason most of the world prefers it, amusing it took me until a year ago to hop on board.

Do you have a carbonater how to? Me and my wife go through a liter a day or so. It sucks going to whole foods all the time.

:(

I can make one, but if you want it that sounds more like a home project than a car project. Going to require an investment of about $150, maybe a tad more, but I figure that I paid for it in the first 3 months. :Doh:

where is don located? my package will be here tomorrow, so he's pretty close...

MD I believe. My order of MLV was so heavy I could barely pick it up.

yep just got it today. 1 sheet of mlv and 1 sheet of 1/8 inch ccf... pretty heavy for its size but i think thats the point haha

:peepwall:

What do you use to carbonate?

A big ass CO2 tank from a welding supply store. :P

Okay, not big ass for them, but for me. It is in my basement although it "could" fit under the sink. Instead I ran copper tube up from downstairs to under the sink.

To make 1.5L I use about $0.005 - 0.01 worth of CO2...or at least I estimate. $17 refill has lasted over a year already and still has a lot left.

speaking of dipshits: shots fired outside the Pentagon

The hop has been slack :peepwall:

Okay, not big ass for them, but for me. It is in my basement although it "could" fit under the sink. Instead I ran copper tube up from downstairs to under the sink.

To make 1.5L I use about $0.005 - 0.01 worth of CO2...or at least I estimate. $17 refill has lasted over a year already and still has a lot left.

So does it work soda fountain style where it comes carbonated right out of the nozzle?

So does it work soda fountain style where it comes carbonated right out of the nozzle?

No that takes a cold plate or a refridgerator to run the lines through. The water has to be very cold to do that. I didn't think it was worth the energy. I have to do it in bottles.