mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

jesum crow; I'm awake by 8 and mother has already primed two walls in the den :ohsnap:

Tell her to make me some breakfast

where is don located? my package will be here tomorrow, so he's pretty close...

MD I believe. My order of MLV was so heavy I could barely pick it up.

Looking for a place to camp that allows alcohol :P I figured you may know something peng.

There are places to camp that don't??

I thought they all did...

Then again I've never really cared. If I wanted booze I had booze.

Shopping for a lockpicking kit... hmmmm

Why?

Because it's handy to have, and legal for me.

Lock Picks & Tools , MASTER LOCK PICK SET

This is what we use.

Looking for a place to camp that allows alcohol :P I figured you may know something peng.

All state parks, pretty much.

I want to go somewhere with some cool sites and allows beer. Seems you get one or the other....

They don't actually check that at state parks there do they?

No, as long as you don't flaunt it and get rowdy. I guess beer ball is out of the question.. damn

Not a big deal for me as I can bring a bottle of liqour and add it in with a coke but a few guys in the party only drink beer

I want to go somewhere with some cool sites and allows beer. Seems you get one or the other....

No, as long as you don't flaunt it and get rowdy. I guess beer ball is out of the question.. damn

Not a big deal for me as I can bring a bottle of liqour and add it in with a coke but a few guys in the party only drink beer

Here you go buddy ;)

http://how2dostuff.blogspot.com/2007/11/how-to-make-stealth-can-sleeve.html

Going to the store to get ribs for the inaugural Traeger cooking this Saturday for the KU-Missouri game. There's going to be 5 of us I believe, not sure how many lbs of ribs is enough. 10? But the cooking area within my traeger is only about 15" x 20" so I can probably only do about two racks. Also trying to decide if I want to use the "smoke" setting or one of the regular settings to just grill them.

where is don located? my package will be here tomorrow, so he's pretty close...

About an hour west of me. :P

my color got changed. Is Blue the new orange? lol

Yes. :)

den = primered

now to spot primer the office

Going to the store to get ribs for the inaugural Traeger cooking this Saturday for the KU-Missouri game. There's going to be 5 of us I believe, not sure how many lbs of ribs is enough. 10? But the cooking area within my traeger is only about 15" x 20" so I can probably only do about two racks. Also trying to decide if I want to use the "smoke" setting or one of the regular settings to just grill them.

If you get babies, I'd do a rack per person. Spares 2-3 racks should be fine.

You want to cook them as slow as possible. 4 hours would be minimum, but to make them take that long they have to cook S L O W. Not so sure your grill can do that on any setting. What do you have?

If you get babies, I'd do a rack per person. Spares 2-3 racks should be fine.

You want to cook them as slow as possible. 4 hours would be minimum, but to make them take that long they have to cook S L O W. Not so sure your grill can do that on any setting. What do you have?

It's a Traeger Junior BBQ055. It has three settings for speed of augering in new pellets and therefore fuel amount and temperature- smoke, medium, and high. I think smoke is supposed to be around 220*, medium 350*, and high 450*. But I'm sure those are in good weather conditions and it may only be about 50* outside on Saturday so it may not be able to quite get up to those temps. I'll just have to see though. I'm doing the initial burn-in today so I'll see how it responds. Most of the recipes in the book that came with it say to cook the ribs on medium for a couple hours then switch to smoke for another hour or two.

Definitely smoke. And those recipes you have are jacked. Meat doesn't pick up smoke very well unless it is cold. You always smoke first, add heat later.

I'd do them flat out at 220F. Give them 6 hours of time. If they are done in 4 no worries, if they aren't you have time to finish them. Check them at 3 and if they are starting to separate from the bone shut the temp down. When it gets to 140, take them out and hold them at 140 in the oven covered with foil until you eat. If they aren't coming off you can turn the temp up to medium to finish them.

Personally I'd brine them the night before, and rub them before plopping them on the smoker.

Yummy!

mmmmmmmmm sounds good :)

Now I want ribs

Definitely smoke. And those recipes you have are jacked. Meat doesn't pick up smoke very well unless it is cold. You always smoke first, add heat later.

I'd do them flat out at 220F. Give them 6 hours of time. If they are done in 4 no worries, if they aren't you have time to finish them. Check them at 3 and if they are starting to separate from the bone shut the temp down. When it gets to 140, take them out and hold them at 140 in the oven covered with foil until you eat. If they aren't coming off you can turn the temp up to medium to finish them.

Personally I'd brine them the night before, and rub them before plopping them on the smoker.

Yummy!

Thanks :). I was wondering what kind of marinade I should use. You just use salt? That's easy enough. I'm a bit worried about trying anything fancy since some new friends are coming over and I don't know their tastes, plus I'm not sure how the grill will act so I kinda want to keep it simple for starters. But I love bbq sauce so I'm sure i'll spread some of that on there towards the end of cooking.

my color got changed. Is Blue the new orange? lol

Yes. :)

Sean looks pretty in pink :hay: :hay:

And you can't hear mine outside my truck...with the windows up. At least not very far away. Probably about the same as stock. Doors open its a different story.

I spent a significant amount of time deadening my doors and truck and all and I was at the school one night jamming to music waiting for a friend to leave the dorm and when she came out she said she could hear my music from about 50yds away. I was really surprised. Couldn't imagine what it would be with out though.

In my truck you'd think I don't have a sub. Perfect for me and definitely noticeable that it is there.

Now that I have things dialed in a bit I sometimes get the feeling the sub is off :)

Still have some tweaking to do on the midranges :Doh:

mmmmmmmmm sounds good :)

Now I want ribs

I'd eat my own ribs if I could

:lol:

If yall keep it on the DL,

I would think yall would be fine.

I have done alot of camping(Boy Scouts), but never any brew cause that was important then lol

Like ppl have said park rangers can be a bitch, if u get on their wrong side.