mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Just saw Alpine W505's on Ebay for 6 hundy. Didn't realize the going rate was that low

Dang it, that makes me want to get one and go through the pain of fitting it in the Silverado...

Oh. I also have blown a 3rd left front tweeter. Luckily it was a cheap Dayton tweeter this time. Got to be an amp problem? the difference between the left and right tweeter is 1 or 2 db. Would be a stellar Christmas break if I could get that fixed and throw in a double din.

Funny thing would be, I would still have the C701 since I cut out the tape deck to install it lol. But that would be really legit to have the double din and that...

Just saw Alpine W505's on Ebay for 6 hundy. Didn't realize the going rate was that low

Dang it, that makes me want to get one and go through the pain of fitting it in the Silverado...

After reviewing the specs I'm pretty much sold... Find me an Ipod, hook up rockbox, and get that dude to push FLAC through the w505 and to the H701 via optical cable??? I think so...

Oh. I also have blown a 3rd left front tweeter. Luckily it was a cheap Dayton tweeter this time. Got to be an amp problem? the difference between the left and right tweeter is 1 or 2 db. Would be a stellar Christmas break if I could get that fixed and throw in a double din.

Funny thing would be, I would still have the C701 since I cut out the tape deck to install it lol. But that would be really legit to have the double din and that...

What is strange is that if it is setup right your left front should not be as loud as the right so you should be killing the right. Either a weird setup you have or some problem causing issues.

The thing I don't get is that no tweeter ever blows without letting you know it isn't happy. Even when there is a problem. Doesn't mean that you can react fast enough, but still it should be more than audible.

I've had some diaphragms damaged from wind or cabin pressurization. At least that's what I am guessing as I could find no other reasons. No warning, but both had holes in the dome which lead to a rip and consequent death.

Was that tweeter one of the $20 silk dome Dayton tweeters? If so I those things seem to fry the tinsles real easy, hapend to one of mine

I had 3 port-a-pit chickens today. Bad idea.

Was that tweeter one of the $20 silk dome Dayton tweeters? If so I those things seem to fry the tinsles real easy, hapend to one of mine

$9 tweeter.

Also have blown 2 $40 tweeters rated for 90W RMS from 1500-25000 (I haven't crossed lower than ~2500 and my tweets are turned down because they would overpower the mids.

@ Ryan. For the tweeters its been VC problems. Madisound fixed the first one but I never sent back the second. Haven't checked this 3rd one yet...

@Sean. I remember with the first one I had some wierd noise that came from the right tweeter (while at normal listening levels), then I noticed the left was blown. This time there was nothing that signaled it at all.

You think I could send in the amp to db-r to get it checked out?

After reviewing the specs I'm pretty much sold... Find me an Ipod, hook up rockbox, and get that dude to push FLAC through the w505 and to the H701 via optical cable??? I think so...

I'm not sure if the rockbox'd Ipod can still retain all the functionality when connected to the W505.

I'm not sure if the rockbox'd Ipod can still retain all the functionality when connected to the W505.

shhhhh :P

Adrian, I was looking through the hooptie thread and I noticed you posted some "local rice" and all the cars were left side drive...

You guys drive on the right side of the road?

hahahahaha crApple iPoop :roflmao:

come back when you've got a REAL portable media player

*snark* *snark* *snark*

Tron Legacy?

Are you fucking serious? Does anyone have any original ideas anymore?

hahahahaha crApple iPoop :roflmao:

come back when you've got a REAL portable media player

*snark* *snark* *snark*

Sorry dude I love my fuckin iPod.......thing works great. Dropped it more time than I care to count. Survied 15 months in Iraq first time, and 6 more so far this time. Its been all over the globe with me, and no real issues.

J

Adrian, I was looking through the hooptie thread and I noticed you posted some "local rice" and all the cars were left side drive...

You guys drive on the right side of the road?

We drive on the right side..only those weird Brits that drive on the wrong side :lol:

Power outage at the Meadowlands :roflmao:

yeah lol

now i can't see the damn score or anything lol

Bubbie and I are going to see "Unstopable".

That's what the Bitch calls Gavin. He's funny; you ask him what his name is and he says, ."Bubby."

Part of that movie was filmed about 15 miles from my house.

Tron Legacy?

Are you fucking serious? Does anyone have any original ideas anymore?

:suicide-santa:

what's wrong with a Tron sequel? better than another Twilight sequel

the previews for Legacy are pretty neat, at least

HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) — A driver who's serving a manslaughter sentence for striking and killing a 14-year-old boy is suing the victim's parents, blaming them for their son's death because they allowed him to ride his bike in the street without a helmet.

Matthew Kenney's parents, Stephen and Joanne, sued 48-year-old driver David Weaving shortly after he was sentenced last year to 10 years in prison, accusing him in Waterbury Superior Court of negligence and seeking more than $15,000 in damages.

Weaving, who has a history of drunken driving convictions, responded months later with a handwritten countersuit accusing the Kenneys of "contributory negligence." He's also seeking more than $15,000 in damages, saying he's endured "great mental and emotional pain and suffering," wrongful conviction and imprisonment, and the loss of his "capacity to carry on in life's activities."

I quite literally almost threw up in my mouth