mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

I love camping, but I get a kick out of how differently it's defined. The cougar called taking a horse trailer to a park with a full kitchen and sleeping quarters camping because she could ride her horses (and the horse trailer had the mom's attic thingy for sleeping). The aunt and uncle consider parking the 34' RV with full hookups camping. I like a sleeping bag, a hammock, and some weed. Food should be minimal and easy to carry, shitting should be the way a bear does it, and drinking water should be questionable at best.

Mine usually involves putting 40lbs of food in a pack, my sleeping bag and tent, grabbing a canoe, and paddling/portaging 10 lakes from ANY motorized vehicle and getting away from people in general. Regrettably we need tents here with bugscreens, lol.

got my order in for deadening from don (for the bro's car). looks like im pulling the headliner, never done it before so it should be... interesting..

Well after no phone call I went in. The decided to foot the bill for Ford to fix it.

They called Ford after I agreed and left. Ford claims they cannot fix it with the light off/code cleared. I was told either Ford drives it for awhile to see if the code comes on, I drive it for awhile or the dealership offered to have one of their guys who goes to Tucson and back daily drive it for me. I consulted with the other half and told them 'This has been nothing but problems. Lets look at something new'. It was the end of the day and the sales manager is supposed to get back to me. If I don't hear shit by 2 I will call them.

J

I don't get it. They cleared the codes and the light is back on. All they have to do is scan the damn thing again and read it. Why do they need to keep the vehicle or drive it for an extended period of time? They also have the ability to install a data logger that will read and store all information while you drive; it is not necessary for them to keep the vehicle.

x2 someone is feeding you bullshit my friend.

Anyone have experience building a "data bus"? We need to hook up the wiring so our data logger can read J1939 protocol.

I was told all I have to do is apply the wire to 2 pins on the VCU then have a twisted wire with a 120 ohm resistor on each end then plug the wires into the proper terminals on the data collection side

Hop is slow. I get busy and you guys let it fall apart.

I guess I'll just have to quit the job and be a full time poast wh0re

How easy is it to build your own computer? I'm thinking about doing it

It is simple. However if you don't ground yourself and somehow fry your CPU you will probably be pissed off.

If you really know how parts work and don't mind looking around it can cost you less than half of what would be called "a great deal" on a prebuilt machine.

New egg FTMFW.

Its easy, but I'd rather just have someone else build it for me, less hassle. I've built quite a few but there always seems to be some random issue pop up with compatibly with anything other than very general parts. I find it easier to have someone else fix those problems for me.

If you don't already have software it'll add to the bitch factor

If you have time and want the project then it's totally worth it. But almost every project is totally worth it right?

I don't get it. They cleared the codes and the light is back on. All they have to do is scan the damn thing again and read it. Why do they need to keep the vehicle or drive it for an extended period of time? They also have the ability to install a data logger that will read and store all information while you drive; it is not necessary for them to keep the vehicle.

Prahaps I didn't put it right.

Dodge cleared the codes, which shut off the light. Ford 'can't do shit with the light off', so someone has to drive it for longer and see if the light come back on. Like I said though its also dropping fuel at a damn decent rate. 10-12 MPG is horrible when you're not towing something.

Waiting to hear back about just getting something else.

J

Ate some sogoodyoucuminyourshorts sliders at Little Big's and got to molest some BGE's...all in all a good day

That could be your best bet for mileage, but I don't know any specifics on the truck. If it's lifted, geared differently, or tuned, it's gonna eat some more fuel, you may have a heavy foot as well. There's just no way to tell.

As for the computer, they are so full of shit. They (the Ford dealer) can attach a diagnostic data logger to the truck and it will measure and record EVERYTHING. There is no need for them to keep the vehicle. How are they going to log stuff with one of their techs driving? Same way they will with you driving. They're just being dicks.

You seem to not be happy with the truck, so your best bet may just be moving on to something else. Good luck!

That could be your best bet for mileage, but I don't know any specifics on the truck. If it's lifted, geared differently, or tuned, it's gonna eat some more fuel, you may have a heavy foot as well. There's just no way to tell.

As for the computer, they are so full of shit. They (the Ford dealer) can attach a diagnostic data logger to the truck and it will measure and record EVERYTHING. There is no need for them to keep the vehicle. How are they going to log stuff with one of their techs driving? Same way they will with you driving. They're just being dicks.

You seem to not be happy with the truck, so your best bet may just be moving on to something else. Good luck!

Love the truck. Don't love the issues its had pop up since I looked at it.

I also found out Ford lost their Diesel mechanics on Friday (got some friends who do LOTS of business there so they filled me in). One was fired and the other quit.

So needless to say getting it fixed isn't looking so bright.

J

I'd look for another dealership if you can find one close, if not, ask for the number to Ford Customer Care. Once you call them, you'll be surprised how much more enjoyable your dealership experience will be.

trying a pork butt on the smoker this time; too lazy to brine, just a dry rub and a whole lot of smoke

How easy is it to build your own computer? I'm thinking about doing it

check out tomshardware.com, i really like the posting format they use . essentially use their "form" and someone will help you pick the best parts to fit your needs. plent of how-to guides, aswell.

Boring All Star game. How boring you ask? ? ? They did a long interview with Justin Timberlake and all his drunk ass did was talk about beer and Joe Buck.

Boring All Star game. How boring you ask? ? ? They did a long interview with Justin Timberlake and all his drunk ass did was talk about beer and Joe Buck.

Agreed.....and last night's home run derby felt like a cheesy wrestling event at the start. Just the way they announced it. Once it started it wasn't bad though.

I liked the Derby. I'm a big Cano fan, so that was awesome for me. I do wish they could speed it up though.