mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

I think therein lies the problem, we shouldn't seek to control it like alcohol, because our control of alcohol has never worked.

If someone is driving wrecklessly they should be treated as such, i don't care if they just smoked crack, drank a 5th or liquor, or finished a sermon. They were putting their own lives and other lives in danger...period.

I always hear "would you want your doctor to smoke up before performing surgery?" Well after pharmacy school and hanging out with doctors, pharmacists, surgeons, etc. I will say I would rather know than not know because of the people that I met at least half of them were on coke or amphetamines regularly and heavily.

Piss testing in general should be illegal, performance testing is fine, if you can do your job as well as it needs to be done then keep doing it. The fact is that all people are at different level of competencies to begin with and when on any sort of drug, including adrenaline or cortisol from stress, you don't always fall on your face. If I can do my job stoned better than jon can do his without ever partaking of an illegal substance then why does it matter that I'm stoned? If i'm acting like an idiot and it's affecting my performance or those around me....doesn't matter if I smoked or not, i'm not doing my damn job.

Tigers are raking tonight. AL Central champs 2011.

That's nothing more than a VIP pass to getting your ass whooped by the Yanks or Sox.

btw that was just me on my soap box, not saying that you agreed or disagreed with any of those points in particular

I think therein lies the problem, we shouldn't seek to control it like alcohol, because our control of alcohol has never worked.

If someone is driving wrecklessly they should be treated as such, i don't care if they just smoked crack, drank a 5th or liquor, or finished a sermon. They were putting their own lives and other lives in danger...period.

I always hear "would you want your doctor to smoke up before performing surgery?" Well after pharmacy school and hanging out with doctors, pharmacists, surgeons, etc. I will say I would rather know than not know because of the people that I met at least half of them were on coke or amphetamines regularly and heavily.

Piss testing in general should be illegal, performance testing is fine, if you can do your job as well as it needs to be done then keep doing it. The fact is that all people are at different level of competencies to begin with and when on any sort of drug, including adrenaline or cortisol from stress, you don't always fall on your face. If I can do my job stoned better than jon can do his without ever partaking of an illegal substance then why does it matter that I'm stoned? If i'm acting like an idiot and it's affecting my performance or those around me....doesn't matter if I smoked or not, i'm not doing my damn job.

All valid, rational points, unfortunately not a politically driven agenda, which is what drives our world. I wonder how our founding fathers would have handled this. I bet they would all go back to a mason's meeting and get baked.

Better yet, let's get all of the oil rich countries to only sell oil to those who legalize pot.

That's nothing more than a VIP pass to getting your ass whooped by the Yanks or Sox.

We beat the Yanks in 06. I like our chances even more this year. We have the cy young/MVP on our team

Most of our forefathers were large fans of pot. Ben Franklin has many writings that flat out say "i was smoking hash and...."

of course my favorite example of how drugs hold us back is PCR which was invented by Kary Mullis '83 while tripping on acid. All of our modern day DNA sequencing relies on a process that Mullis admits he would have never thought of had he not done acid....a lot.

Shakespeare smoked pot, almost all the original presidents did before the huge scandal where it was made illegal by propaganda equivalent to what you find in North Korea (commies, yes commies) all to keep it from competing with the cotton and forest industries. Of course you make a bold enough statement and get it to stick in politics and eventually everyone believes it.

This same kind of thing is exactly what you can find in North Korea where the internet is still very limited because if people start to read the truth they may doubt the gospel they've heard their whole life. Just like the movie "unleashed" get em young and the possibilities are endless.

I believe pot and humans can coexist peacefully. :D

been doing it for a long time

I disagree, me coexisting with pot is like a lion coexisting with a lamb....if a lion knew how to start a fire at least.

making me hungry

I disagree, me coexisting with pot is like a lion coexisting with a lamb....if a lion knew how to start a fire at least.

It was a joke. Bush, ring any bells?

We beat the Yanks in 06. I like our chances even more this year. We have the cy young/MVP on our team

It's not 06 and there is only ONE team that can compete with NY and Boston and they own the NL.

BTW, Verlander may well win Cy Young, but you'll never again see a pitcher win MVP.

I guarantee every president has smoked pot, and probably does so quite often in office.

I guarantee every president has smoked pot, and probably does so quite often in office.

Nothing to do with pot, just missing the reference.

:)

It's not 06 and there is only ONE team that can compete with NY and Boston and they own the NL.

BTW, Verlander may well win Cy Young, but you'll never again see a pitcher win MVP.

It's too bad. I'm tired of seeing them dominate the NL. Of course, I like the Reds and they're in the NL.

stefan: I thought you meant we could smoke and still function, I was merely saying I can't coexist peacefully with weed. dry sarcasm I suppose.

Luke: I have never seen the union, but I definitely want to (just googled it)

edit: didn't realize i was replying to two different people!

It's a pretty good documentary. It's on Netfix if you've got it.

stefan: I thought you meant we could smoke and still function, I was merely saying I can't coexist peacefully with weed. dry sarcasm I suppose.

Luke: I have never seen the union, but I definitely want to (just googled it)

edit: didn't realize i was replying to two different people!

I get what your saying :P

I was just making a twist on bush's quote.

I support the legalization of cannabis but I don't talk much about it because I don't like the stereotype shit that goes along with the thought of "pot head".

In fact when I was in SF a few weeks ago, I was able to go into a dispensary with a buddy who has a card, very nice place. Walked around SF enjoying myself and the city, bothering nobody.

"how does he sit down with balls that big" ~ announcer

lmao