mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

I really don't like the front of the XF, too much like an Aston Martin but not as good. I love the rear though, there's one in the lot downstairs actually and I get to stare at it every day.

I drove one and thoroughly enjoyed it

vehicle_531.jpg

More like Hyundai than Aston, lol. Still nice looking IMO. Only problem is the fake metal color going across the dash. Otherwise the in/out combo is sweet. I only drove the R version and only consider that, but come on why would you buy a Jag that isn't tuned up?

Hell yes to that. Although there is a supercharged version of the normal XF that wouldn't be bad.

so the A pillars im working on cant be wrapped in grill cloth like i planned. so instead of painting them, i thought it would cool to try flocking. anyone give it a try before? rayon vs nylon fibers?

here is the site donjer.com

color chart im thinking bisque tan should match well.

still some sanding to do yet, but you get the idea.

0824010252.jpg

Eh the union got boring, you can only make the same statement so many times. I had heard most of their facts before but I think their numbers are way off.

so the A pillars im working on cant be wrapped in grill cloth like i planned. so instead of painting them, i thought it would cool to try flocking. anyone give it a try before? rayon vs nylon fibers?

Post more pictures through the process :popcorn:

I hadn't heard most of it prior to watching. I thought the part about the grow ops was pretty interesting. I had a feeling some of their numbers were off. It entertained me though.

Finally gettin over this cold.

J

I would love to see a large grow op while still running, I've never had the pleasure. The ones that I saw in the film were very inefficient which shows they weren't very experienced. The 20 buried traincars was a fantastic idea but they royally fucked it up.

Basically, these operations need to hire me as a consultant.

0824010252.jpg

Why can't you wrap them? The flocking is nice, but I don't know how well it will hold up with the sun beating down on it. Check with Donjer to make sure it is UV protected. I have used their product several times, but only to line glove box and console interiors.

Since when did Kicker start making headphones. BTW, my Sony's are dying and I am buying today. Any suggestions around the $60 mark, I am all for it.

Since when did Kicker start making headphones. BTW, my Sony's are dying and I am buying today. Any suggestions around the $60 mark, I am all for it.

Id see what denon makes around that budget.

Id see what denon makes around that budget.

I'm going to be watching this, I think my next speaker purchase will be headphones.

I wear mine everyday at the office. There are some Sennheiser HD 448's on ebay for $75.

Ryan1, how would you apply mold release wax ?

Rub with a cloth, let it dry and then wipe it off with a clean cloth ?

I've never used a specific mold release wax. I have used normal car wax and I just apply a coat, let it dry, then apply several more in the same manner. Never had an issue and you can get a lot of wax at the dollar store. Make sure it's a paste though.

Excellent !

Just need to touch up a section of the mold, somehow the paint got wrinkled, the mold must have had some moisture on it on that area and then I'll get busy with wax. PVA was such a pain, hopefully wax is better.

And I've also come up with a new way to release the mold, should work without the need for leverage or hammering on the parts.

I wear mine everyday at the office. There are some Sennheiser HD 448's on ebay for $75.

I need to get a pair. Everybody in the office uses laptops so we don't even have fan noise. I need music !

0824010252.jpg

Those are looking good.

Why not paint some texture and then paint them to match the rest of the interior ?

That's what I plan on doing with my kickpanels.

Dual monitors FTW, even though one is a 14" from a laptop.

Still beats killing the alt-tab.