mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

well the inner fat kid in me just committed suicide, hostess announced today that they are liquidating all remaining product and closing doors forever

Unions are awesome! Wait...

So are you one of the drinkers of their Kool-Aid? I don't see how they really can place this solely on the Union.

Seriously?

Most definitely.

165 with no doors is waaaaaaaaaay too calm actually. It should be ffrightening, but it isn't.

Dotted lines get pretty close at that speed though.

I was on a river race boat once and that was a billion times more terrifying.

80 in my bass boat was an order of magnitude more frightening than a buck-ten on snow

Bass boats are scary at anything past trolling. LoL

I grewd up on bass boats and thems skurry bitches.

Unions had a point back when miners had their family held at gunpoint. Literally.

Now the unions hold the workers at gunpoint. And companies. I got a first hand look into the filth working in HR in the medical world.

Most of those union heads are the pinnacle of slime. Some are good, but the system is corrupted.

Everything is worse when people stop concentrating on what they are doing and start concentrating on what others do.

Unions had a point back when miners had their family held at gunpoint. Literally.

Now the unions hold the workers at gunpoint. And companies. I got a first hand look into the filth working in HR in the medical world.

Most of those union heads are the pinnacle of slime. Some are good, but the system is corrupted.

The union system is just as corrupted as the entire corporate system. To solely base your issues on the union workforce is a joke. There are many places that still need union support, hell I work for one, but ultimately, mismanagement is what leads to failure.

Everything is worse when people stop concentrating on what they are doing and start concentrating on what others do.

I deal with this on a daily basis. The bad part is, nothing gets done about any of them and it spirals into a viscious cycle.

I do think the unions have many faults though. They themselves have become businesses and just like everything else, need policing. It is up to the union members to do this, but we all know how this goes. It's up to us to police our government as well and that's working out just as much.

So on a lighter note, I just picked up my first DSLR. It's a Sony A55, it takes bad-ass pictures and fantastic video.. It's the same camera my buddy uses to fim/photograph our builds.

En7tcQ8G4EK_jIqCmDJ0nQ2.png

that looks like dave from storage wars

it's probably Hesters dad

be9d90f8-8f59-4a3a-b9f1-d9aedd8ec4f0.jpg

they have "Love" as one of the words. why the hell would you want to love WITH your mom? guess the crossword could be for a place like WV thoughsigh.gif

Productive day today...

Changed the fan clutch on the Jeep (since I suspected it makes noise when it's very cold outside). Turns out the bearing the fan pulley rides on is on it's way out. Took that off only to find a 2" long bearing pressed in a huge support piece which bolts to the block. Chances of getting such a bearing from a shop are next to none, so I will have to order the whole piece from the engine manufacturer sad.png

Took the bike in to have the bottom bracket changed then I adjusted the front derailleur, cleaned the shifters (old grease looked and felt like ear wax, no wonder I have trouble shifting when it's cold).

Bought an extra front wheel to stud it and have it ready for winter. No more sliding around on ice this time. Only the rear derailleur is left on the "winterize the bike list" biggrin.png

PicsArt_1353174943083.jpg

^ bad ass

Andrew. Lego's > Wood

Ok that is damn cool. I want one now, but mine is a bit bigger

R2, my 1911 is acting a fool. After a round the slide hangs up for a half second as if the magazine is empty. If I wait a second or 2 or if I just touch the slide, it will slip forward...... the rounds are not jamming or anything either. Can you think of anything that might cause this?

I am going to super clean it and then oil it and see if I can replicate it but ading lube here at the range didnt solve it. Though it went from failure every round to every other, it sill strikes me as odd behavior.

The union system is just as corrupted as the entire corporate system. To solely base your issues on the union workforce is a joke. There are many places that still need union support, hell I work for one, but ultimately, mismanagement is what leads to failure.

There was a time when unions were needed, but that day has long since past.

We can thank unions for driving up the costs of so many items we use today, and we can also thank them for the financial ruin they are leaving state and local governments in... Their demands for astronomical wages either destroy a company financially, or drive up the costs of the finished product so high that American companies cannot compete with foreign companies unless they move production to foreign countries. Seriously, a broom pusher at a GM plant deserves a $20 an hour wage, plus an additional $10-5 an hour worth of benefits from paid sick days, paid holidays, paid vacation, various insurance benefits (health, dental, life, disability, etc.), pension plans, and various other benefits that many skilled laborers will never enjoy? The car buyer pays for it, and when the company goes into financial collapse you, John Q Taxpayer, foots the bill. Go buy food in the union ridden grocery stores in SoCal. You will pay $6.99 for a Stoufers Macaroni and cheese at Ralphs... Go to WalMart (a non-union shop) and you will pay $1.99. Raphs stores constantly suffer from strikes, every 3 or 4 years, WalMart plugs right along unfazed.

Look at public sector unions, and the financial impact they have on local and state economies. Wages for Public sector union employees is almost 35% higher then their non-union counterparts. Their pension plans are crippling the local and state economies. Look throughout California where cities are having to file bankruptcy and resend their charters as cities because they simply cannot keep up with labor union demands, which not only includes pensions, but the high wages and tremendous vacation days offered to the employees.

Want to see another labor union catastrophe?

usps.jpg

What is destroying the postal service? You guessed it... huge wages, huge vacation and holiday offerings, massive pension plans, and Cadillac health care plans. Guess how these benefits packages that crippled such a huge company were devised? Collective bargaining, or what you might call, Labor Unions.

Sure, you can argue that the businesses should be able to generate the income to cover these costs. Just look at how much more these items cost us to buy, they must be making the money! No, these are being used simply to pay the highest business taxes in the world, the highest wages in the world, the richest benefits packages in the world, and retirement packages that are unfathomable to the rest of the world. All of these (except the business taxes) are negotiated by labor unions.