mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

you guys wouldn't be interested in any pics of the workshop and MDF chunks glued up would you?

Does howdy doody have wooden balls?

its amazing how many people don't get that reference

kids these days

th_P1010345.jpg

Mask came today :)

That is freaky.

tour of casa del Matt, Jack will be your guide. Jack wanted some outside time so you get these first. It will then explain the scope of my honey do list. Jack knew you were pic whores so you get some outside pics first.

Pond #1 jack hammered most rubble removed, time for grading.

4688078009_a38d7b898d_b.jpg

Pond #2 same thing. We are going to salvage as much rock as we can for gardening and land scape as possible.

4688711122_4334927a48_b.jpg

Displaced ruble and some downed branches. Also note the need for a new retaining wall? Some of the 'crete might just find it's way in there. There is actually another huge pile that flikr said I didn't have space to UL along with some other pics.

:peepwall:

4688078639_7cac5b99f4_b.jpg

Need slate chunks? Not me. Nearly went to tears grinding it though. It's from a 10' snooker table. Ryan2 may remember. Here is one pile of what's left. Probably become some parts of landscape or a water feature. Also a square for the BGE.

4688078933_28e6d7029e_b.jpg

Tiny herb and tomato garden.

4688711668_d893cb9cd6_b.jpg

Jacks favorite yard ornament to sniff.

4688079173_c485ddaf1e_b.jpg

Jack wanted to lay down now as he got bored with me, so then I could go over to the shop. Here's jack prancing around happy to walk around the yard.

4688710816_d12f626200_b.jpg

Ok. Jacks napping on the steps now. Here is the shop. Basically it's the 3rd stall in a 3 car garage. It works but it's tiny. Uber tiny for the current project of my maelstroms. I had pulled it all out to work on it, but then it started to rain. I put it all back. Then it stopped.... so anyway, you guys get pics. On with the show.

4688713052_44e797248b_b.jpg

Here is the routing station. I got the table from my gramps. Home made router table with acrylic front and slick top. The other router I have is a craftsman plunge and static base. I wish I would have got something a bit more powerfull, but realistically I would have paid 2.5 times more for a less functioning router to get 25% more powa. :morepower1:

It it lasts another 3-4 projects it will have been worth the investment. I however loath my craftman table saw. Was garbage. Only 95 bucks, but still crap.

4688713304_dc19fdb8c1_b.jpg

Blue box specials commin up. This drill may be the most costly tool I have. I needed one and the sale wasn't that great but I really needed one ASAP when I got it.

4688713538_1d06582e85_b.jpg

Reverse focus somehow. Oopsies. Anyway, you get the point. The pipe clamps are older than me. Maybe double my age or more. From my gramps when he moved. You can see the band saw in the first pic here. It's an oldie but goodie too. The angle clams are also from gramps. Makes holding wood possible alone, or twice as smooth to line up when you have someone helping. I have 8 of them. One has a miter guide in it. Really great tools.

4688080121_e34ed941b6_b.jpg

The wooden block clamps on the joists here is also a relic. The ones set up to on the MDF are a newer breed. Loaners from dad in law.

On the far right you can see some plywood and part of an open hole.... thats my unfinished prototype box for my 18" fi that I was going to test before I got the maelstroms. I will have to clean it up but it will be in the living room later.

4688080879_c064d0c322_b.jpg

Server rack and dewalt. Random wife gift becase the buddy I hired to knock down the walls in the kitchen had one and I said I liked it. She got it used for 70 bucks or something silly like that at home depot because of a scratch on the box. It came in amazingly usefull, as the buddy I hired had his crap out literally 20 min before she came home.

4688080355_e3cf590742_b.jpg

No better way to hold bolts.

Lighting is my custom design. Tres chic'..... or it cost 2.99 for 1 and I plugged it into a powa strip. I spent 6 dollars on lighting and it works great for now.

4688080609_5e29c5c277_b.jpg

In the pic with the clamps where you see the rope comming down, this is what you see if you look up. I thought it looked cool, so you get to see it. The rest I took up the sucked. I wired another grampa special to the top there incase I need access to the attic of the garage. The 2 car side has a ceiling between the roof and ground. It's all basically another level. it will be my lumber storage area.

4688081141_ff00b831bb_b.jpg

The planer and squares you see here are also artifacts from my grand father. I can't find any half as nice sold today. Really great craftsmanship, and special to me. I also got some saws, and literally hundreds and hundreds of sheets of sand paper.

4688081745_c81e5169b8_b.jpg

Real men use worm drive. :) Seriously, one of the best modern power tools I have ever purchased. The failed first one makes me not like the reliability, but the shoe combined with how amazing it cuts is pretty wild. If this one goes kaput I will still be sold on worm drives for a while. Untill I can't lift them at least. The weight is a huge help while cutting but could wear a guy out fast! It probably ties with my makita drill

Awesome :tool: alert!

4688081935_a67ef2c325_b.jpg

I found a weird plank with all the other MDF too. I don't think it would make a good speaker box, but it looks cool in the lighting and sawdust and it's a ton of fun too. I am the worst snowboarder on the planet but I'll used to love falling down a hill for hours.

4688715140_cf3182314f_b.jpg

The over cast day gave everything a kind of natural blue filter look.

My shop is messy as all hell, but it works. it's normally much cleaner when I don't have so much wood in there.

Nice pictures you posted. Did I see some birks in the reflection?

Nice pictures you posted. Did I see some birks in the reflection?

Hell yes.

Taupe suede arizona's are the *only* birks. :P

They only look taupe for a week or so though. hehe :D

You guys find all the damn easter eggs in pics. Cracks me up.

Wish I had shop space like that. :)

P1010348.jpg

Epic pic TOP.

I love those masks. I want to buy one but have no good reason to really.

P1010349.jpg

I figured I would try out one of these as I will never need ;)

We did get a 5 of these and once they are unpacked, I will take some pictures of the white and pink one. They are very nice.

You guys find all the damn easter eggs in pics. Cracks me up.

Not much gets past the trained eye.

Epic pic TOP.

I love those masks. I want to buy one but have no good reason to really.

We have 5 more and I will get some pictures later foy you guys.

You do not need to have a good reason.

Matt, I love the BGE and the bag of lump with the bow one it. Great gift!!

lol

i told my wife no burfday presents but she gad to get me something. so she got 2 bags of BGE lump!

I got a great lady

I need to bike, will it not rain for a little?

lol

i told my wife no burfday presents but she gad to get me something. so she got 2 bags of BGE lump!

I got a great lady

You sure do!!

you call that a chimney starter?! :P