mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Yea... My gas grill will only do ~600-650*

Last steaks I did were so hot I was easily a foot above the grill an I lost knuckle hair.

I've never had the ability to sear a steak at temps like that. How does one go about cooking a proper steak with sear temps that high?

grill one side, flip, remove :P

Looks like it might be a good investment.........I would have to make a stand for it.........Something durable.

J

I've never had the ability to sear a steak at temps like that. How does one go about cooking a proper steak with sear temps that high?

If it doesn't bleed, it was cooked to long. :)

I missed this. Peng has it right. Use large grains of salt and then peper to taste. Kosher is good enough but I have a thicker chunk that I normaly use. It's most important on the fat. Salting properly is the biggest key.

I had 3/4-1 inch choice ribeye for about 1 min 20 seconds then flip. Tried to make the pretty cross lines but at 800 everything sears, which is even better.

It was a warm very red middle.

If my gf decides to go ahead with getting a PhD here, she wants to buy a house. But I only have about 10% of a down payment saved for what I'd want, and I will NOT go into a house buying without at least 20%. I just can't wait until we move in together next year (if all goes well). When I lived with a roommate two years ago, I was able to save ~40% of my net income every month. Now that I live alone, that number is chopped down to maybe 10%. I should be able to get back to at least 25% next year.

Although if all this baby-making going on around me is as contagious as everybody says, I may not be able to save anything.

Do not buy a house with someone whom you are not legaly married to. No matter what. In no way does it make sense unless you can afford to loose everything you put into it. As for a down payment, If you are not married there will be an issue with the down payment. Whom ever is the first name on the house would need to have the whole down payment from their earnings or else they will have to pay taxes on the money from the other person. This may work better if you're both equal holders in the house and have the EXACT same down payment though.

Seriously, unless you're married or they are your parents, don't buy a house with someone.

Oh, yeah, forgot to put that in. I'd definitely either buy it myself or we'd be married. Going to live together in a rental next year at least, if not two years.

My story from my parents being landlords of a home....is that e had a renter he never really liked me or my brother...so he decides not to pay us 1 month of rent and my mom said nah we want this guy out....so he leaves without paying the rent...my parents didn't give the deposit because of his actions...me and my smart brother went looking for him and he gave us the money for the month....and we kept it and my mom didn't know so we had $1900 cash but it was after the problem was straightened out...we went 50/50 and yeah...that was my good experience...

sounds like a winner. did u dance after that? :dancing:

Hell to the yeah......dude was pretty chill about it....went to the store and still have some left over from like December of 09

Thanks. AutoCAD 2011 is a freaking memory hog, even LT. :Doh:

amen to that.. got it running on my pc as well.

got it free too :woot: :woot:

On a strong machine with just two drawings open, it will pull nearly a gig of ram.

I have 8 gigs of ram any other computer is too slow for me they lag it too much...

I understand the theory, but you won't ever use that much. Something else will bottle neck first unless all you do it use progs that store data in ram and don't process.

Are you running 64 bit 7?

Yeah I have 64 bit Win7...with much ram comes much processor power...AMD Quad Core 2.2

Looks like it might be a good investment.........I would have to make a stand for it.........Something durable.

J

I think Sean said he built his for under 20 bucks.

They have designs all over the place. BGE owners are crazy, you'll find all kinds of designs, and plans out there.

My neighbor built us one like that..a smoker..we tried it out for thanksgiving last year and the turkey came out way better than the oven...nice juicy meat.

Yeah I have 64 bit Win7...with much ram comes much processor power...AMD Quad Core 2.2

What speed is the ram? It's not going to affect the speed though having that much ram. Especially since you still have to use the bridge. If it was one of the new i7 boards where you don't have to use the bridge and it's direct info it may be worth it. I don't knwo enough about that MOBO design though to even say it would be worth it then. It is cool to say you have it though and I have been thinking about getting more as I use mine as a server.

I can run two HD screens (one is 1900 x 1200), a graphix intense game on one and windows with interwebs and apps open in the other and I don't even use my full 4 gigs of ram.

What speed is the ram? It's not going to affect the speed though having that much ram. Especially since you still have to use the bridge. If it was one of the new i7 boards where you don't have to use the bridge and it's direct info it may be worth it. I don't knwo enough about that MOBO design though to even say it would be worth it then. It is cool to say you have it though and I have been thinking about getting more as I use mine as a server.

I can run two HD screens (one is 1900 x 1200), a graphix intense game on one and windows with interwebs and apps open in the other and I don't even use my full 4 gigs of ram.

It has never crashed....I play COD then internet and sometimes HW and get barely at the 25% mark..its not necessary but I like it..and I have a 25" 1080p not sure if it affects but i only have one screen.

My machine may use less ram naturally as I have a raid controll processor too and stripe my drives so it may then just hold less in ram.

I'm sure the Nvidiea also takes up almost all video work too.

J

They have designs all over the place. BGE owners are crazy, you'll find all kinds of designs, and plans out there.

I just gotta find out how much one costs.........

No store in Iraq LOL

J

No BGE Iraq T0P

J

Yeah you're only using 2 gigs. It's definately cool to have heardoom but man 8 gigs is a LOT of memoriez!

Can't you just leave meat outside J and it will slow cook on in the sun?

J

I just gotta find out how much one costs.........

No store in Iraq LOL

J

an arm and a leg...or your first born son...they'll accept either

BGE eats

mmMMMmmmm....

I should smoke some stuff and shoot some pics to show how awesome it is.

3816818622_96da915e85_z.jpg

Yea... My gas grill will only do ~600-650*

personally, I find that 600-700 is more than adequate for grilling 95% of foods out there

that being said there is very little out there that beats a thick cut of premium marbled beef grilled at 1,000F+...especially with a bit of truffle butter thrown on top at the end :droolcup: :droolcup: :droolcup: