mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

and if you ever needed to forge a katana to take out enimy ninja clans, you can do that too.

Can't you just leave meat outside J and it will slow cook on in the sun?

Sadly no..........Its cooled off a bit lately. Plus dust/sand/animals=no good

The large is about 750 bucks new.

Eh 750 is about what I was gonna pay for a gas grill that can use propaine and nat gas.........Alot more 'blingy' but this seems like a 10x better investment.

J

I remember in the summer i would cook eggs ontop of my hood.

Thanks. AutoCAD 2011 is a freaking memory hog, even LT. :Doh:

amen to that.. got it running on my pc as well.

got it free too :woot: :woot:

On a strong machine with just two drawings open, it will pull nearly a gig of ram.

I have 8 gigs of ram any other computer is too slow for me they lag it too much...

I understand the theory, but you won't ever use that much. Something else will bottle neck first unless all you do it use progs that store data in ram and don't process.

Are you running 64 bit 7?

Yeah I have 64 bit Win7...with much ram comes much processor power...AMD Quad Core 2.2

that must be an older model quad there. gona upgrade down the road?

i have a phenom II x4 955 and its way overkill for most of what i use it for.

as far as ram goes im using about 3.7 gig out of 8 right now but i have like 50 tabs open in google chrome rofl.

no one really needs 8 gigs of ram though..

Ram headroom FTW....Go the computer like 2 years ago...don't really plan on upgrading...

On a strong machine with just two drawings open, it will pull nearly a gig of ram.

I have 8 gigs of ram any other computer is too slow for me they lag it too much...

I understand the theory, but you won't ever use that much. Something else will bottle neck first unless all you do it use progs that store data in ram and don't process.

Yeah I have 64 bit Win7...with much ram comes much processor power...AMD Quad Core 2.2

as far as ram goes im using about 3.7 gig out of 8 right now but i have like 50 tabs open in google chrome rofl.

Ram headroom FTW....Go the computer like 2 years ago...don't really plan on upgrading...

im sure its working well for you. an Athlon II x4 can be had for about 100 bucks and would make a for decent upgrade. amazing how much computers depreciate in value so quickly!

im sure its working well for you. an Athlon II x4 can be had for about 100 bucks and would make a for decent upgrade. amazing how much computers depreciate in value so quickly!

My computer is probably worth half of what I paid along with other electronics...

It sucks how fast they loose value. I have my live in tech support build all my machines thank god.

It sucks how fast they loose value. I have my live in tech support build all my machines thank god.

Don't build mine but do know how..I remeber when my parents bought one of the very first plasma screens for like 2500 then like a month later the new 1080p's for half the price came out... :suicide-santa:

Speaking of...

Dell Precision 380

3.0 GHz Pentium D

1Gb Ram

Win 7 Ult (32-bit)

What should I upgrade first and is there any cost effective way to throw a dual-core in there?

I tried looking up the motherboard but really could find exactly what was possible. Can any of you computer gurus know more about it than I?

I'm no guru. I just know how to spend money gud.

Like on that BGE :sleepwerd4:

:WTFBubble:

On an up note yesterday I purchased some of the prettiest king crab legs I've ever seen.

~11 pounds worth.

:)

Wonder from where :P

Hopefully they will make you feel better.

Byerlys had the half off sale. It was 10 bucks a pound for honestly, the nicest looking king I've seen.

If you want to hate me more, go buy one Bristol Bay leg from you know where and compare.

Of course, I'd still love what you have :) What time should I be over?

Is it bad I'm excited for a real job and paycheck come December so I can buy a BGE to cook on?

I'm thinking about buying a second BGE and the rock stoker. I would have nearly 2k in outside cooking and I live in a place where it will be -20 and I'll still use it.

How long will one run before you have to add more coals to it if you are smoking something?

I have the Viking version of it, but with the Stoker connected and about a 1/6th load I can do a brisket for 20 hours.

They are amazing. With the control of a stoker to regulate heat it's like have another oven.

It makes the best pizza and smokes meat in a way that is just amazing. I can really tell the difference when doing butts. I use a realy thick rub with lots of brown sugar, and when I chop/pull the pork it almost becomes it's own sauce. The bark is wonderfull the smoke penitrates so well and it keeps the moisture in.

Me and my wife realy think of it as one of the best INVESTMENTS not purchases but INVESTMENTS we have made. I've easily paid for it in what I saved vs going out for BBQ. For the winter when we remodeled and didn't have anything to cook on but the BGE for 2-3 months it was awesome.

I can't wait to start trying pizza and bread on it.

I'm sorry and you're welcome.

And don't get smaller than a large.

I'd actually like a small, but exclusively for high temp cooking. I figure it would heat really fast and require almost no fuel. Build it into the center of a table and have the best Yakiniku setup eVar.

You can also sear steaks at surface of the sun temps. I've had mine easily at 800 degrees and probably a fair bit more. Temp gauge didn't read.

I melted the edges of gasket material that is stable to 1750 deg F. :P