mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

So Lou Dobb's hired some illegals...his response?

"Unless you're asking me and millions of other Americans to engage in racial profiling, because that's the only way you can satisfy the objections that the Nation has raised, that would be racial profiling on my part to make sure this thing doesn't happen. That's what you're suggesting," he said.

good ole Lou

About 100 Wal-Mart stores across this nation are selling copies of Chased by an Elephant, the Gospel Truth about Today's Stampeding Sexuality, a kid's book about defeating one's homosexuality, like the author's son "did."

I have heard some resteraunts of using a 1800F method for searing.

I've never used trufflebutter, but I usually put a pat of the regular stuff on anything I do in the kitchen, and sometimes the grill.

I did a wagyu NY strip and it tasted like it was soaked in butter without anything.

Is it bad I'm excited for a real job and paycheck come December so I can buy a BGE to cook on?

I'm thinking about buying a second BGE and the rock stoker. I would have nearly 2k in outside cooking and I live in a place where it will be -20 and I'll still use it.

How long will one run before you have to add more coals to it if you are smoking something?

From BGE

Using our Natural Lump Charcoal to fuel the EGG, it is easy to cook for 24 hours straight without having to replenish the charcoal.

Can't you just leave meat outside J and it will slow cook on in the sun?

Sadly no..........Its cooled off a bit lately. Plus dust/sand/animals=no good

The large is about 750 bucks new.

Eh 750 is about what I was gonna pay for a gas grill that can use propaine and nat gas.........Alot more 'blingy' but this seems like a 10x better investment.

J

okay, well now that I am throughly hungry its time to go lol

Is it bad I'm excited for a real job and paycheck come December so I can buy a BGE to cook on?

How long will one run before you have to add more coals to it if you are smoking something?

From BGE

Using our Natural Lump Charcoal to fuel the EGG, it is easy to cook for 24 hours straight without having to replenish the charcoal.

I missed that Q also. I have smoked for 36 hours straight on a full load of lump coal and had coal left.

I have heard some resteraunts of using a 1800F method for searing.

Any top of the line steakhouse worth their salt will have a few of these (or comparable) in the kitchen:

http://www.southbendnc.com/170.shtml

Short of using a blowtorch, dangerously well stoked ceramic cooker, or throwing the steaks directly on a pile of charcoal you're not going to get a much hotter surface

For the most part my supermarket quality proteins taste just as good as anything on my Coleman RoadTrip Grill :lol: and certainly just as good as any restaurant in a 45 mile radius :)

:gayhaaay1:

I have thrown thin flank or skirt right on coals before. I saw Alton "crazy" Brown do it, so I gave it a shot. It worked. Ruined one peice though as it turned into coal itself because I wasn't fast enough.

Looking forward to having good cuts of steak to grill again.

Especially non frozen ones.

J

I have thrown thin flank or skirt right on coals before. I saw Alton "crazy" Brown do it, so I gave it a shot. It worked. Ruined one peice though as it turned into coal itself because I wasn't fast enough.

Works great with skirt steak, just don't let anybody catch you doing it...you'll never hear the end of it...

Is it bad I saw this and thought of Godsmack? :tehe:

04ccb557-61fb-44c3-bb41-8f69d46a124c.jpg

There's probably nothing more versatile than a ceramic cooker either, (save for cast iron cookware), so think of it as an investment :lol2:

anyone here try a hid retrofit?

i'm thinking about doing one for fun..

I always wanted too, but doing them right is expensive

not looking to bad. found a practically pnp reflector for a 9006 lowbeam (fits the hole where the bulb is with very minimal modification and is held by a nut in the back basically). you can see from the pictures how it is held in place.

so 120 for the reflectors isnt too horrible.. i could go a cheaper route but it would require more modification of the headlight (as far as i know anyways).. im still debating about that

then all i need is a 9006 relay wiring harness and a h1 hid kit

anyone here try a hid retrofit?

i'm thinking about doing one for fun..

Please don't be another one of the idiots who put them in the stock housings which were never designed for them and blind the shit out of me while I'm driving just because they think it makes their car look cool.

lol no i want to do this right if im going to do it at all. first step would be to get a pair of projectors? im either going to hit a junk yard with a friend or order online.. any advice as to what to look for? i believe some projectors are designed for halogen while others are for hid bulbs?

heres an online option. internetz

check this place out

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/

oddly enough I just got an email from them today. They revamped their forum.

i have the same SN on there. just made a post in the noob section last night for info

Thanks. AutoCAD 2011 is a freaking memory hog, even LT. :Doh:

amen to that.. got it running on my pc as well.

got it free too :woot: :woot:

On a strong machine with just two drawings open, it will pull nearly a gig of ram.

I have 8 gigs of ram any other computer is too slow for me they lag it too much...

I understand the theory, but you won't ever use that much. Something else will bottle neck first unless all you do it use progs that store data in ram and don't process.

Are you running 64 bit 7?

Yeah I have 64 bit Win7...with much ram comes much processor power...AMD Quad Core 2.2

that must be an older model quad there. gona upgrade down the road?

i have a phenom II x4 955 and its way overkill for most of what i use it for.

as far as ram goes im using about 3.7 gig out of 8 right now but i have like 50 tabs open in google chrome rofl.

no one really needs 8 gigs of ram though..

I challenge that. With my ceramic cooker I could smelt and cast my own cast iron cookware.!

:D